“Weekend Break”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Weekend Break”
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Excellent room, number 640. View of the Royal Opera House from the bedroom window. Room ticked all the boxes for comfort and style. Walk in wardrobe which held iron and board, trouser press, facilities and supplies for tea or coffee. Stocked fridge which could be emptied if you needed to use as it stood.
Covent Garden round the corner and close to theater's, two were on the corners of the hotel. If you didn't want to use taxi's a bus stop is outside the main entrance.
Breakfast is great value for money and the afternoon tea (or coffee) is a great treat. The staff were very friendly, they always had a smile for everyone.
Hope to return soon.

Room Tip: We had room 640 and even though it was by the lift did not hear anyone in the corridor as experience...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
EChristiaanse, Guest Relations Manager at The Waldorf Hilton London, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Dear Yvonne P,

I would first like to thank you for taking the time to share such a lovely review on TripAdvisor related to your recent stay at The Waldorf Hilton London.

I am delighted to learn from your feedback that you were satisfied with our services and facilities. I was glad to read you enjoyed the view from your room and you enjoyed the afternoon tea in our Homage Restaurant.

If I can be of assistance in near future, please do not hesitate to contact me.

I am looking forward to welcome you back to The Waldorf Hilton London.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (778)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I am writing this review to hopefully save other travelers from spending a great deal of money for what they think is going to be a luxury hotel. I have honestly stayed in Best Westerns that were nicer, cleaner and better run. The rooms were old, moldy and I would even say dirty. If I were paying for a 2 star hotel I would keep my mouth shut as I knew what I was paying for and getting for the price. I think it is terrible for unsuspecting visitors who think because of the name and amount of money that they are spending that they are getting an actual 4 star hotel. This would not even be on par with what I would consider a regular Hilton hotel in the United States. The location and the bar staff were the only plus. Stayed 6 days and wished I had picked another hotel. Hopefully this review will save someone from the same mistake. I would truly be embarrassed to have the Waldorf name on this hotel. There are several other options for the same amount of money (or less) and I would strongly recommend choosing another hotel.

Dear JoAnna D,

I would first like to thank you for taking the time to share your review through Tripadvisor related to your previous visit at The Waldorf Hilton London.

We greatly appreciate all comments made by our guests, whether positive or for our development as it allows for continued improvement in that which is most important to us, our guest service.

I was really concerned to hear that we did not meet your expectations and I am sorry to read that you were very disappointed with your stay at the Waldorf Hilton.

We are constantly monitoring the performance of our hotel against Hilton's high service and quality standards. I would like to learn more about your stay as it will enable us to continually improve, exceed quality standards, and are vitally important in helping us achieve our Mission to be the first choice of the world’s travellers. Please contact me via email eline.christiaanse@hilton.com or by telephone +44 (0) 207 759 4255.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Waldorf Hilton London.

I look forward to hear from you in the near future.

Bristol, United Kingdom

Stayed for 1 night on Dec 30th
We arrived ealry - 10.30am as we had an ealry lunch booked South of the river.
I was not expecting to get in the room - the staff were great & said we could wait & get into the room by 11.30. We declined & left our bags safely to check in later on. The offer of getting in early was a nice one considering they were very busy. We got back to the hotel around 15.30 & were told we had been upgraded to a suite. It really made our stay special & the room was fantastic.
Breakfast was a bit dissapointing for a 5 star - but ok
We had a cocktail around Midnight - service was a bit slow - but we were in no rush.
The staff were all great , very helpful & friendly & the room was fantastic
Great central location & perfect for the Theatres

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cmskindeep
Dear Cmskindeep,

I am delighted to learn from your feedback that you were satisfied with our services and facilities. I was happy to read that we were able to make your stay even more special by upgrading you to one of our lovely Junior Suites. I would like to thank you for sharing lovely comments about our team as your comments goes a long way in motivating and encouraging the team.

Nottngham
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Very comfortable hotel -friendly staff-well trained-in perfect location for visiting Royal Opera House/Savoy Hotel for afternoon tea/Covent Garden itself -spacious rooms/relaxing atmosphere-breakfast -lots choice -spacious dining room with old world charm

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear Gem9830,

I am delighted to learn from your feedback that you were satisfied with our services and facilities. I was happy to read that you have enjoyed the Covent Garden area by visiting the Savoy hotel for afternoon tea and by enjoying a play at the Royal Opera house.

Virginia
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We were in Europe for 2 weeks and began our trip here at the Waldorf Hilton. This hotel was twice the price of the other four hotels we stayed at while in Europe and was by far the worst of them too. Our room was on the 8th floor, but the elevator (which is very slow) only goes to the 7th floor. The hallways are unbelievably old and in need of an update. The room itself was fine, quiet and comfortable, but not worth the price of the room. The person at check-in was very nice, although our room was not ready when we arrived. The concierges, on the other hand, were not very friendly or helpful. We did have breakfast at the hotel and that was very nice. The hotel location was good (pretty close to a couple of tube lines). We loved London and want to return, but when we do we will stay elsewhere.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Fishelal,

I was really concerned to hear that we did not meet your expectations and I am sorry to read that you were disappointed with your stay with us.

I look forward to hear from you in the near future.

Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 January 2014

If you want to feel special and receive excellent service, this is the hotel for you. Not only is it perfectly situated in the heart of theatre land and within walking distance of central London, but the rooms are clean, comfortable and beautifully styled with controllable heating and air conditioning (we visited once on a hot summer's day and once in January, so both were most welcomed). The breakfast is the best we've had at any hotel and the restaurant food delicious, but be aware that you will be paying quite highly for drinks - even teas and coffees - as befits a place of this quality. However, the staff are, without exception, efficient, helpful and friendly. The room we had on our first visit was very quiet, but on the second visit our room was situated outside the lift and we experienced some noise from other guests using the lift late at night - but overall the stay was excellent.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Jeanette F,

Thank you for once again choosing to stay at The Waldorf Hilton during you recent visit to London.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your loyalty to our Hotel and your feedback is invaluable.

We were delighted to read that following your previous stay with us, you decided to return to our lovely hotel on Aldwych and that you were able to take good advantage of the great area surrounding the hotel. Your comments go a long way in motivating and encouraging the team and rest assured your comments will be shared.

We look forward to welcoming you back on the occasion of your next visit to the area. In the meantime, please contact me directly if I can be of any further assistance.

Redondo Beach, California
Reviewed 6 January 2014

It is in a good location, pretty hotel. Totally lacked any charm. Of ally the cute hotels in London, it was the same old thing. Very nice and updated, but so large wasn't my favorite. If you like that large corporate thing, then it wold be a great choice. Room aaas largest of the three we stayed in on this trip.

Dear Jan H,

I would first like to thank you for taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor with regards to your recent stay at The Waldorf Hilton London.

I am sorry to learn from your feedback as you were not very satisfied with your stay although you have enjoyed the location of the hotel.

I am glad that you have enjoyed the rest of your trip whilst visiting London and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back here at the Waldorf Hilton.