“Great location in the heart of London”

The Waldorf Hilton London
Ranked #332 of 1,072 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Satisfactory hotel with good staff. If you are Hilton Gold member you will not receive an upgrade to the Executive Lounge unlike most other Hilton properties. Location is ideal since it is close to all tourist attractions in the city of London. At least 2 tube stations are within walking distance of the hotel. Staff is quite friendly and helpful. Overall stay was comfortable.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
EChristiaanse, Guest Relations Manager at The Waldorf Hilton London, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Dear Mr. Asad K,

I would first like to thank you for taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor related to your recent stay at The Waldorf Hilton London.

I am glad to learn from your feedback that you were satisfied with our services and facilities. Unfortunately we do not always upgrade our Gold member to our Executive rooms as we only have a limited availability for these types of rooms and most of them are directly booked by our guests.

If I can be of assistance in near future, please do not hesitate to contact me.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Waldorf Hilton London.

There are newer reviews for The Waldorf Hilton London

Reviewed 11 January 2014

The bed was extremely comfortable and the windows opened to let in fresh air. The bathroom was a bit dated but had everything that was needed. Breakfast was in the lovely original room and although the orange juice did not taste as if it had ever been near an orange it was otherwise fine. But this is expensive and should be perfect.

Dear Jandono,

I would first like to thank you for taking the time to shared your review on TripAdvisor with regards to your recent stay at The Waldorf Hilton London.

I am delighted to learn from your feedback that you were satisfied with our services and that you had a good night sleep at our Hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back on the occasion of your next visit and I would like to offer my assistance when making a new reservation so I can personally look after you.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

The hotel location is great, very near to some of the theatres. Room is comfortable and clean and the staff are friendly and very pleasant. The area is within walking distances to train stations and to Covent Garden and the river thames. The breakfast spread is good and very nice restaurant setting.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Dear 45Jenny,

I would first like to thank you for taking the time to share such a lovely review on TripAdvisor related to your recent stay at The Waldorf Hilton London.

I am delighted to learn from your feedback that you were satisfied with our services and facilities. I was happy to read that you enjoyed the area surrounding the hotel and that you took great advantage of the location.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

This hotel is very conveniently located for all of the west-end theatres.
The hotel is sumptious, from the first welcome of the doorman in his finest, complete with hat, throughout all of the public areas and dining rooms and bars of the hotel.
The decor is beautiful and very tasteful.
The food was excellent. The breakfast was a hot and cold buffet and there was plenty of choice.
The room was small but you're not there to spend time in your room. The room and bathroom however were maticulously clean and well maintained.
I couldn't fault this hotel at all and I would highly recommend it to anyone, especially if you are going to one of the nearby theatres.
The nightlife around here is also excellent.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
EChristiaanse, Guest Relations Manager at The Waldorf Hilton London, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2014

Dear Eebz1,

I am delighted to learn from your feedback that you were satisfied with our services and facilities. I was glad to read that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet and that you took great advantage of our location.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

Had a very pleasant 3 nights in the Hilton Waldorf whilst in transit. We made use of the executive floor which I would recommend to anyone as the quality of the food and drink was excellent and our breakfast was included. The room was spacious and well appointed, as you would expect from this brand. The staff were helpful and friendly without being overbearing. The hotel is very well situated as it is only a few minutes walk from Shaftsbury Avenue Theatres and Covent Garden. The whole area is full of great bars and restaurants. We never made use of the pool, but it looked great.

Dear Brian C,

I am delighted to learn from your feedback that you were satisfied with our services and facilities. I was happy to read that you have enjoyed our Executive Lounge and took advantage of our great location.

Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

Myself and my sister stayed only for one night, and were running in and out all day. Even so, everytime we arrived back the door man and concierge were firendly, funny and polite. Definitely worth the visit just for the friendliness of the staff!

• Stayed: January 2014

Dear Pippa Q,

I would first like to thank you for choosing to stay at The Waldorf Hilton during you recent visit to London.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor, your feedback is invaluable.

We were delighted to read your review and your comments about our staff which goes a long way in motivating and encouraging the team. We look forward to welcoming you back on the occasion of your next visit to London.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

Location
I thought it was a great location. My friends who go to London a lot prefer to be in the Hyde Park or Mayfair areas. If you're going to the main tourist attractions -- Big Ben, Westminster, Tower of London, Buckingham Palace, etc. Then this is a perfect location right in the middle of the action.

Getting Around
There is a hop on hop off bus stop adjacent to the hotel. So you walk out the door, turn right and walk 20 steps. Taxis are plentiful. I took the tube to get around, but not directly from the hotel. If you take the Gatwick express to Victoria Station, it's a short, cheap cab ride to the hotel.

Entrance
When you alight from the cab you will be faced with about 10 stairs. Did not immediately see a doorman, bellman or ramp, but someone ran out to help once we walked inside.

Lobby
Lobby is small and not really impressive. It's just a check in counter.

Check In
Went fine as expected. Nothing special.

Room
My room was large and comfortable. It had a seating area, a comfortable bed and a large bathroom. Had a view of the buildings across the street. The room was warm which was much appreciated with the freezing cold weather outside. It also was completely soundproof. We couldn't hear any cars downstairs or people in the hallway.

The bathroom was spacious, but didn't have any special amenities. The TV was flatscreen but small for the room.

The room was clean and they kept it tidy. There were no special touches to set it apart from a standard Hilton.

Executive Lounge
There is a medium sized lounge that looks new with a modern design. It's stocked with drinks and has a full breakfast. For some items like omelets you have to pay from the a la carte menu. The people in the lounge were super friendly and helpful. One even sent us a special treat.

Food in the lounge is mediocre. It definitely didn't feel like 4 or 5 star. No views from the lounge.

Restaurants
I didn't eat at them. The breakfast buffet looked exactly like the one in the lounge -- mediocre.

Bottom Line
Loved my experience in this hotel and I would go back. However, I have stayed in lots of Hiltons and some Waldorfs. With some extra touches, this hotel could really set itself apart. Right now the experience is more like a standard Hilton or a nice Doubletree so keep that in mind when you compare prices.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank angmohgao

Dear Angmohgao,

I would first like to thank you for taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor with regards to your recent stay at The Waldorf Hilton London.

I am delighted to learn from your extensive feedback that you were satisfied with our services and that you took good advantage of our great location and you were able to see most of the tourist attractions whilst staying with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back on the occasion of your next visit.