“Great place to stay”

The Waldorf Hilton London
Ranked #331 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Great place, good service, well located in the Theatre district.
I will come back for more enjoyable stays in this fine hotel.
The room was clean and the bathroom refurbished.
We obviously paid full price for one night so that might have helped.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
EChristiaanse, Guest Relations Manager at The Waldorf Hilton London, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

Dear guest,

I would first like to thank you for taking the time to share such a lovely review on TripAdvisor related to your recent stay at The Waldorf Hilton London.

I am delighted to learn from your feedback that you were satisfied with our services and facilities.

If I can be of assistance in near future, please do not hesitate to contact me.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Waldorf Hilton London.

Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Just got back from a short break at Waldorf and what a marvellous time we had. Firstly the tour of the hotel was good it gave you a brief insight into the history of the place. The check in was quick and efficient, however the gentleman was a little bit abrupt but it did not put us off. The room was spacious and exceptionally clean as were all the public areas.

We had drinks in the bar area where someone played the piano, it was so relaxing. Some may say drinks were expensive but that's what you expect at this type of venue.

Breakfast well where do I start it was amazing, there was plenty of choice and the staff were so professional yet still extremely friendly.

All in all it was a great experience!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Waldorf Hilton during you recent visit to London.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor, your feedback is invaluable.

We were delighted to read your review and your comments about our staff as it goes a long way in motivating and encouraging the team. Please be rest assured that your comments will be shared with the Guest Relations team as they always keep searching for new information or improvements about the History tours to impress our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back on the occasion of your next visit to London.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

The Waldorf is in the ideal location for visiting central London for either business or pleasure. It is right in the midst of the West End theatres, just around the corner from Covent Garden and only a few minutes walk from the Strand. Most major tourist attractions are within walking distance and others are easily accessible due to the hotel's close proximity to both Holborn and Covent Garden tube stations.
I stayed for two nights midweek in an executive room. Access to the executive lounge made my stay even better - unlimited free drinks and aperitifs in the evening were definitely worth the extra cost! All staff were friendly and helpful, especially the doorman. The room itself was lovely - very clean, comfortable and spacious. The bed was heavenly, I could stay there forever! When leaving, I was initially charged for taking something from the minibar that I hadn't actually taken, but the reception staff were understanding and this issue was resolved quickly.
Overall, I would definitely recommend the Waldorf, especially for business, couples or solo visits.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Waldorf Hilton during you recent visit to London as well for taking the time to share such a lovely review on TripAdvisor.

We were very much delighted and appreciative to read your comments about our staff which goes a long way in motivating and encouraging the team. I was glad to read that you took great advantage of our Executive lounge and that you had a good night sleep whilst staying with us.

I hope you were able to enjoy some lovely theatres or restaurants whilst staying with us and we are very much looking forward to your next stay with us.

If I may be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to me.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Great central location- staff member working the door was very helpful in our dispute with a cabbie who insisted the fare from Euston Road to the Waldorf was £20 when we have travelled this route many times paying between £8 and £10.

Impressive interior and bar staff very friendly and attentive. Disappointed that the toilets had paper towels but that's just me.

We thought it was a shame that on a Saturday evening that the piano was covered over and not in use as this would have enhanced the atmosphere.

We were disappointed that the dress code on the restaurant was rather lapse with people sitting in jeans and t-shirts- but again this is only personal preference.

The food was good but not outstanding- while the waiting staff were lovely and friendly, they also were very well presented, I am afraid on this occasion service was extremely poor ( the restaurant was not over busy either with plenty of staff).Examples included having to repeatedly having to request water, wine, butter, food coming at different times to each other, wrong food being served- it was a little like faulty towers in the end. Service and lack of atmosphere sadly did spoil the experience. We raised this at the time and asked for the service charge to be removed which was duly done- shame as the building is beautiful and we loved the different nationalities of people working there.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
EChristiaanse, Guest Relations Manager at The Waldorf Hilton London, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments related to your recent stay at the Waldorf Hilton London.

I would like to convey my sincerest apologies for your disappointing experience. I was saddened to learn that your expectations were not met and I fully understand as to why you were disappointed.

I take onboard your comments in regards to the overall experience in our restaurant. We are known for our excellent customer service, however on this occasion this was not the case and I understand how frustrating it must have been for you.

I have spoken with the relevant teams and I am confident this was only a one off occasion. Our food and beverage team will directly take action on this to make sure that all team members will be fully trained. I would like to thank you for bringing this to our attention as we are constantly monitoring the performance of our hotel against Hilton's high service and quality standards

As Hotelier's we aim to exceed expectations at every opportunity and on this occasion we have clearly failed. I truly hope that you give us the opportunity to prove that this was a one off disappointment that you experienced and look forward to meeting you on the occasion of your next visit.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Pleasant staff and very helpful. Bedroom tired looking, bedding (valance) stained, bathroom not clean - room required updating. Hotel is in a good position for the Opera House within walking distance for Coventry Garden.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear guest,

I take onboard your comments in regards to the condition of our bedrooms. We are known for our excellent customer service, however on this occasion this was not the case and I understand how frustrating it must have been for you. Please note that we are currently in process of refurbishment and that we hope to finish this process by this time next year.

As Hotelier's we aim to exceed expectations at every opportunity and on this occasion we were not able to exceed your expectations. I truly hope that you give us the opportunity to prove that this was a one off disappointment that you experienced and look forward to meeting you on the occasion of your next visit.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Typically I write only positive reviews as I'm willing to give most vendors the benefit of the doubt. Not in this case. The good? The location is very good, several tube stations in walking distance, most major attractions are in walking distance and the hotel is clean. My advice is to avoid this hotel and it is based on recurring billing issues with the hotel. There is no simple way to say this, they will charge your credit card for services or rooms upgrades you do not receive so you must watch closely. I have been dealing with this for some time with the property. Additionally be cautious if you book through a third party. We pre-paid to get a good and low rate and the hotel did not honor that (not upon checkout but three weeks later and additional $2K appeared on my card - after a promise of an owed refund finally being issued). There are many hotels in proximity to the key London attractions, they will appreciate your business and treat you responsibly. I have spent upwards of 12 hours and numerous international phone numbers to resolve this, I write this so you may avoid a similar fate! In 25 years of traveling around the world and the country I have never encountered this.

Room Tip: Avoid this property
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank rlisicki
Yovany T, Front Office Manager at The Waldorf Hilton London, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear Guest,

I refer to our recent conversations between you and various Hotel personnel.

Please let me assure you that the Hotel takes all complaints of this nature extremely seriously and, accordingly, a thorough investigation of your complaints and, in particular of the alleged accusation, has since been conducted by the Hotel. Having had the opportunity to consult with the relevant Hotel personnel involved. We're happy that everything is clear and resolved.

Please do contact us again if you have any questions.

Yovany Torres

Reviewed 4 May 2014

I have been at this hotel on several occasions but have not returned in a few years because I thought the hotel needed some renovation and that the service needed some improvement. Things have changed dramatically for the better. The rooms are updated and done very nicely. The hallways seems to have gotten a facelift as well and it all works together very nicely, as does the Executive Lounge. The staff are now very accommodating and helpful from the front desk to the attendants at the door. The beds are comfy and the bathrooms very nice and updated as well (my only complaint here is that my room did not have a separate walk-in shower.
The location near Covent Garden is quite nice and we thoroughly enjoyed our time here.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kenbob
EChristiaanse, Guest Relations Manager at The Waldorf Hilton London, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for once again choosing to stay at The Waldorf Hilton during you recent visit to London. I would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor.

We appreciate your loyalty to our Hotel and your feedback is invaluable.
We were delighted to read that following your previous stay with us, you have since noticed an improvement in our services, most notably to our facilities. Your comments go a long way in motivating and encouraging the team and rest assured your comments will be shared. I have taken on board your comments in regards to the seperated walk in shower and I would like to inform you that we do have certain rooms with an seperated walk in shower.

We look forward to welcoming you back on the occasion of your next visit to the area. In the meantime, please contact me directly if I can be of any further assistance.