“Luxury!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #353 of 1,089 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Luxury!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

We stayed at the Waldorf Hilton following a trip on the Orient Express from Venice. We wanted to carry on the luxury experience before returning to normal life and were not disappointed.

We had booked a King Junior Suite but were upgraded to an Executive Suite.
(Both have the benefit of access to the Executive Lounge which was a really good feature).
Check-in was friendly and efficient.
The room was incredibly spacious and had luxurious touches like a TV at the foot of the bath.

We were only there for one night but could have tolerated a few more!

All in all a great stay. The hotel is in a good location for whatever you want to do in London. Having a discount code made it affordable for future stays in the capital for theatre trips etc.

Room Tip: An Executive Suite is very good if you want to push the boat out.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
EChristiaanse, Guest Relations Manager at The Waldorf Hilton London, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
Dear guest,

I would first like to thank you for taking the time to share such a lovely review on TripAdvisor related to your recent stay at The Waldorf Hilton London.

I am delighted to learn from your feedback that you were satisfied with our services and facilities. I was glad to read that you enjoyed your complimentary upgrade to one of our Hilton King Executive suites which indeed come with an television in the bathroom. I would like to thank you for your comments in regards to the staff as this goes a long way in encouraging and motivating our team.

If I can be of assistance in near future, please do not hesitate to contact me.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Waldorf Hilton London.

Eline C.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (754)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

Great place, good service, well located in the Theatre district.
I will come back for more enjoyable stays in this fine hotel.
The room was clean and the bathroom refurbished.
We obviously paid full price for one night so that might have helped.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear guest,

If I can be of assistance in near future, please do not hesitate to contact me.

yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Just got back from a short break at Waldorf and what a marvellous time we had. Firstly the tour of the hotel was good it gave you a brief insight into the history of the place. The check in was quick and efficient, however the gentleman was a little bit abrupt but it did not put us off. The room was spacious and exceptionally clean as were all the public areas.

We had drinks in the bar area where someone played the piano, it was so relaxing. Some may say drinks were expensive but that's what you expect at this type of venue.

Breakfast well where do I start it was amazing, there was plenty of choice and the staff were so professional yet still extremely friendly.

All in all it was a great experience!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Waldorf Hilton during you recent visit to London.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor, your feedback is invaluable.

We were delighted to read your review and your comments about our staff as it goes a long way in motivating and encouraging the team. Please be rest assured that your comments will be shared with the Guest Relations team as they always keep searching for new information or improvements about the History tours to impress our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back on the occasion of your next visit to London.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

The Waldorf is in the ideal location for visiting central London for either business or pleasure. It is right in the midst of the West End theatres, just around the corner from Covent Garden and only a few minutes walk from the Strand. Most major tourist attractions are within walking distance and others are easily accessible due to the hotel's close proximity to both Holborn and Covent Garden tube stations.
I stayed for two nights midweek in an executive room. Access to the executive lounge made my stay even better - unlimited free drinks and aperitifs in the evening were definitely worth the extra cost! All staff were friendly and helpful, especially the doorman. The room itself was lovely - very clean, comfortable and spacious. The bed was heavenly, I could stay there forever! When leaving, I was initially charged for taking something from the minibar that I hadn't actually taken, but the reception staff were understanding and this issue was resolved quickly.
Overall, I would definitely recommend the Waldorf, especially for business, couples or solo visits.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Waldorf Hilton during you recent visit to London as well for taking the time to share such a lovely review on TripAdvisor.

We were very much delighted and appreciative to read your comments about our staff which goes a long way in motivating and encouraging the team. I was glad to read that you took great advantage of our Executive lounge and that you had a good night sleep whilst staying with us.

I hope you were able to enjoy some lovely theatres or restaurants whilst staying with us and we are very much looking forward to your next stay with us.

If I may be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to me.

derbys
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

Great central location- staff member working the door was very helpful in our dispute with a cabbie who insisted the fare from Euston Road to the Waldorf was £20 when we have travelled this route many times paying between £8 and £10.

Impressive interior and bar staff very friendly and attentive. Disappointed that the toilets had paper towels but that's just me.

We thought it was a shame that on a Saturday evening that the piano was covered over and not in use as this would have enhanced the atmosphere.

We were disappointed that the dress code on the restaurant was rather lapse with people sitting in jeans and t-shirts- but again this is only personal preference.

The food was good but not outstanding- while the waiting staff were lovely and friendly, they also were very well presented, I am afraid on this occasion service was extremely poor ( the restaurant was not over busy either with plenty of staff).Examples included having to repeatedly having to request water, wine, butter, food coming at different times to each other, wrong food being served- it was a little like faulty towers in the end. Service and lack of atmosphere sadly did spoil the experience. We raised this at the time and asked for the service charge to be removed which was duly done- shame as the building is beautiful and we loved the different nationalities of people working there.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
EChristiaanse, Guest Relations Manager at The Waldorf Hilton London, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments related to your recent stay at the Waldorf Hilton London.

I would like to convey my sincerest apologies for your disappointing experience. I was saddened to learn that your expectations were not met and I fully understand as to why you were disappointed.

I take onboard your comments in regards to the overall experience in our restaurant. We are known for our excellent customer service, however on this occasion this was not the case and I understand how frustrating it must have been for you.

I have spoken with the relevant teams and I am confident this was only a one off occasion. Our food and beverage team will directly take action on this to make sure that all team members will be fully trained. I would like to thank you for bringing this to our attention as we are constantly monitoring the performance of our hotel against Hilton's high service and quality standards

As Hotelier's we aim to exceed expectations at every opportunity and on this occasion we have clearly failed. I truly hope that you give us the opportunity to prove that this was a one off disappointment that you experienced and look forward to meeting you on the occasion of your next visit.

Northants
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

Pleasant staff and very helpful. Bedroom tired looking, bedding (valance) stained, bathroom not clean - room required updating. Hotel is in a good position for the Opera House within walking distance for Coventry Garden.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear guest,

I take onboard your comments in regards to the condition of our bedrooms. We are known for our excellent customer service, however on this occasion this was not the case and I understand how frustrating it must have been for you. Please note that we are currently in process of refurbishment and that we hope to finish this process by this time next year.

As Hotelier's we aim to exceed expectations at every opportunity and on this occasion we were not able to exceed your expectations. I truly hope that you give us the opportunity to prove that this was a one off disappointment that you experienced and look forward to meeting you on the occasion of your next visit.

Thousand Oaks, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

Typically I write only positive reviews as I'm willing to give most vendors the benefit of the doubt. Not in this case. The good? The location is very good, several tube stations in walking distance, most major attractions are in walking distance and the hotel is clean. My advice is to avoid this hotel and it is based on recurring billing issues with the hotel. There is no simple way to say this, they will charge your credit card for services or rooms upgrades you do not receive so you must watch closely. I have been dealing with this for some time with the property. Additionally be cautious if you book through a third party. We pre-paid to get a good and low rate and the hotel did not honor that (not upon checkout but three weeks later and additional $2K appeared on my card - after a promise of an owed refund finally being issued). There are many hotels in proximity to the key London attractions, they will appreciate your business and treat you responsibly. I have spent upwards of 12 hours and numerous international phone numbers to resolve this, I write this so you may avoid a similar fate! In 25 years of traveling around the world and the country I have never encountered this.

Room Tip: Avoid this property
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank rlisicki
Yovany T, Front Office Manager at The Waldorf Hilton London, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear Guest,

I refer to our recent conversations between you and various Hotel personnel.

Please let me assure you that the Hotel takes all complaints of this nature extremely seriously and, accordingly, a thorough investigation of your complaints and, in particular of the alleged accusation, has since been conducted by the Hotel. Having had the opportunity to consult with the relevant Hotel personnel involved. We're happy that everything is clear and resolved.

Please do contact us again if you have any questions.

Yovany Torres