The Waldorf Hilton London
US$499
US$308
US$285
4,607 results
All reviewsthe executive loungecovent gardenafternoon teahomage restaurantthe theater districtdiamond membertheatre landwest endan upgradejunior suitetrafalgar squarestandard roomlovely roomfantastic locationstayed for one nightaldwychconcierge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 May 2014

My family and I stayed at the Hilton Waldorf at the end of April 2014. The position of the hotel is really excellent for Covent Garden and the West End Theatres - all within easy walking distance. I have to admit to being a little disappointed with the hotel itself given its famous "name" - frankly, I don't think it lives up to that. However, the rooms are comfortable and fairly clean and we all slept well. Service particularly at reception was a bit patchy but it did work, I suppose. Clearly there is a very high turnover of guests at this place and that may make it difficult for the staff to make guests feel that they are receiving individual attention. I would not recommend this hotel as a "special" place to stay but it is very functional and in an excellent location so on that basis (and ignoring any "name" association), it is ok.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
EChristiaanse, Guest Relations Manager at The Waldorf Hilton London, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

Dear guest,

I would first like to thank you for taking the time to write a TripAdvisor review related to your recent visit at The Waldorf Hilton London.

All guest feedback is extremely important to us and we appreciate your participation.
I am delighted to learn from your feedback that you were pleased with our overall services however, I'm sorry to learn of your disappointment that your expectations were not fully met. I would like convey my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused and I would like to thank you for bringing this to my attention in order to train the team in their delivering of service towards our guests.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Waldorf Hilton London Hotel.
Kind regards,

Kind regards,

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Do miss the soft comfortable mattresses, stay good upgraded to complimentary executive room on 2nd night. Radek on the door as helpful as ever. Robert concierge a great asset to the Waldorf, no one knows London better than a Londoner. Staff friendly & helpful as always. Was sad that we met friends Nigel & Liz (Elizabeth) there twice now and both times on returning home we have lost their contact details, they stayed for 2 nights like us in executive room and dined in Hommage on the 4th May. Love the friendly atmosphere in the executive lounge had a most pleasant evening there on the 4th May. Enjoyed the visit to Bethnal Green to the Blind Beggar thanks Robert for your information concerning that. Thanks to the hotel for the anniversary cake kindly left in our room

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Waldorf Hilton during you recent visit to London as well for taking the time to share such a lovely review on TripAdvisor.

We were very much delighted and appreciative to read your comments about our staff which goes a long way in motivating and encouraging the team. I hope you were able to enjoy the Covent Garden area and I am glad to read that you enjoyed our Executive lounge whilst staying with us and we are very much looking forward to your next stay with us.

If I may be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to me.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel on 16 & 17 April prior to holidaying in Greece. On the first night we had dinner in the restaurant, which we found very disappointing, the noise from the Boxing Tournament in the adjacent function room was extremely loud and off putting even when we were moved to the other side of the restaurant, the starters were mediocre and the Sirloin Steak was easily the worst I have ever been served. There were sinuses through the middle of the flesh which could not be cut, even with the steak knife, I drew this to the attention of the very charming Latvian waiter who promised to bring this to the notice of the chef and we were given an extra glass of Sparkling Wine. Later we were introduced to the Hotel Manager Mr Goodby, who apologised, and offered us a complimentary meal the following evening, however, we already had other arrangements.

The Buffet breakfast was reasonable but nobody seemed to be checking on replacing depleted items, such as Plates, Glasses, Scrambled Egg etc.

I must say that all the staff were extremely pleasant and did there best to be helpful.

In conclusion, I would rate this as the worst Hilton Hotel I have stayed at.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments related to your recent stay at the Waldorf Hilton London.

I would like to convey my sincerest apologies for your disappointing experience. I was saddened to learn that your expectations were not met and I fully understand as to why you were disappointed.

I take onboard your comments in regards to the overall experience, especially the short falls you encountered with the restaurant. We are known for our excellent customer service, however on this occasion this was not the case and I understand how frustrating it must have been for you.

I have spoken with the relevant teams and I am confident this was only a one off occasion. We have put in place a new training plan for our food and beverage team members in order to improve our service standards immediately.

As Hotelier's we aim to exceed expectations at every opportunity and on this occasion we have clearly failed. I truly hope that you give us the opportunity to prove that this was a one off disappointment that you experienced and look forward to meeting you on the occasion of your next visit.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Visited this hotel recently on a business trip.
It's a hge step up in terms of price and hotel type that I usually prefer when travelling for business.
My expectations were sky high since viewing the website and reading some reviews.
The service upon checking is was really good. The gentlemen at the door is one of the friendliest people I've met in London.
The lady at the front desk (Fadima) was so helpful and made me feel as if I was one of the most regular guests.
And that's where the love affair with this hotel ended.
I stayed here for five days and four nights and I was able to watch television for about ...oh wait after pleading everyday to have someone fix my non-working TV, nothing happened.
No trainsmash there.
What does tick me off is that when I spend this amount of money of conference lunches and hotel room nights I would expect actual lunch. Not the finger snacks meant for a seven year old on a paleo diet.
I must admit, I would not go back to this hotel by choice.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear guest,

I would first like to thank you for taking the time to share your review through Tripadvisor related to your previous visit at The Waldorf Hilton London.

We greatly appreciate all comments made by our guests, whether positive or for our development as it allows for continued improvement in that which is most important to us, our guest service.

I was really concerned to hear that we did not meet your expectations and I am sorry you were very disappointed.

We are constantly monitoring the performance of our hotel against Hilton's high service and quality standards. I would like to learn more about your stay as it will enable us to continually improve, exceed quality standards, and are vitally important in helping us achieve our Mission to be the first choice of the world’s travellers. Please contact me via email eline.christiaanse@hilton.com or by telephone +44 (0) 207 759 4255.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Waldorf Hilton London.

I look forward to hear from you in the near future.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

this is a very good situation for business or pleasure. the hotel has the best executive lounge I have come across so try and get access to it. Staff are very pleasant but room service needs to be improved in quality of food and length of time bringing to room. I had a room on the exec.floor and it was excellent. I will continue to stay here although it can be a little on the pricey side.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear guest,

We were very much delighted and appreciative to read your comments about our staff which goes a long way in motivating and encouraging the team. I have taken on board your comments in regards to the roomservice department and please note that this has been discussed with the relevant departmental heads in order to improve the speed and efficiency of the roomservice department. I hope you were able to enjoy the Covent Garden area whilst staying with us and we are very much looking forward to your next stay with us.

If I may be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to me.