“Great service!”

The Waldorf Hilton London
Ranked #339 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed here last week and the service was terrific. We arrived in London on the red-eye from the US and had requested an early check in - and our room was available when we arrived at the hotel at 10:00 am! It was great to get a couple hours sleep before our day and evening in London. And they really went out of their way when I left a sport coat in the closet and they mailed it back to our US home. Great location in the theater district and about 4 blocks from Charing Cross station where we caught our train the next day. Thanks to the whole staff for making our short stay so enjoyable.

1  Thank Traveler6011
EChristiaanse, Guest Relations Manager at The Waldorf Hilton London, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Waldorf Hilton during your recent visit to London.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor, your feedback is invaluable.

We look forward to welcome you back on the occasion of your next visit to London.

Eline C.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,377)

Reviewed 17 June 2014

My 3 friends and I had a Sunday night short break in London with afternoon tea at the Waldorf. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The rooms were large, clean with very comfortable beds. We had everything in our room we needed. My only complaint would be that the room was hot and in fact the whole hotel seemed rather warm. We had a terrific breakfast and nothing was too much trouble for the staff. We also stayed for afternoon tea which was delicious. Sunday night is not a good night to stay in London if you wish to see a show - not many of the shows do a Sunday night performance . The Waldorf is situated near Covent Garden and I would recommend a stay at this hotel - it was a very pleasant experience.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank JuneDobney

Dear guest,

Thank you for once again choosing to stay at The Waldorf Hilton during your recent visit to London.

We were delighted to read your review and your comments about our staff which goes a long way in motivating and encouraging the team. I am also glad to read that you enjoyed our afternoon tea and breakfast in our Homage Restaurant.

If I may be of any assistance in the future, please let me know.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Super service, very kind staff and breakfast was great.
However the hotel is a bit worn out, paint is peeling in the swimmingpool area, floors are bomby on the 7th floor, and rooms are very small. But all in all it was a good stay, and my son 9years old loved the staff and breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Snackers

Dear guest,

We were delighted to read your review and your comments about our staff which goes a long way in motivating and encouraging the team. In regards to your comments about LA Fitness, please note that I have forwarded your comments in regards to the pool area to their general manager to look into. I am also delighted to let you know that we are in process of refurbishment and that we hope to finish this project by this time next year.

If I may be of any assistance in the future, please let me know.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

This is the third time that my wife and I stayed here and once again we were delighted with every aspect of our visit. The staff are incredibly efficient and helpful, the room we had (executive king) was terrific - very spacious and extremely comfortable. The executive lounge was worth the money, great space for relaxing plus the inclusive breakfasts, afternoon tea and drinks with canapes a very nice feature.

The hotel is situated right in the heart of theatreland and is surrounded by restaurants of all price brackets. The British Museum is less than 15 minutes walk, Covent Garden is only 5 minutes walk as are both the National Gallery/National Portrait Gallery. The number 9 bus (available around the corner) takes you to the Albert Hall in good time, plus on the return journey it terminates at the front door of the hotel. The Tate Modern is about a 25 minute walk passing by Temple Church, the Courts and St. Paul's Cathedral.

I would recommend this hotel without hesitation!

Room Tip: We have stayed in a Queen, Queen plus and an Executive King - with each their was more and more spac...
1  Thank 33Gastronaut

Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Lovely hotel, nice deco, clean, friendly staff, good location, executive lounge was lovely as were the facilities.

We were in an executive room which was really small shuffling room only. The bathroom was lovely.

Only problem being it was far to hot during the night. Air conditioning was on flat out, engineer checked it was working got the all clear but still far to hot during the night unable to sleep.

Other than that overall a good hotel.

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank SLR92

Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a TripAdvisor review related to your recent visit at The Waldorf Hilton London.

All guest feedback is extremely important to us and we appreciate your participation.

I am delighted to learn from your feedback that you were pleased with our overall services however, I'm sorry to learn of your disappointment with regards to the air-conditioning which wasn't working well during the night. Please note that this has been fully discussed with the relevant departmental heads to look into.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Waldorf Hilton London Hotel.

If I may be of any assistance in the future, please feel free to reach out to me.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 16 June 2014

This hotel is over-priced for what it offeres and takes an extra £50 deposit on arrival 7 not the usual impression of a credit card. This deposit takes around 5 days to be re-imbursed . We had a problem with faulty air -conditioning on a very hot day .A small attempt was made to correct it but this did not work 7 we had an uncomfortable night.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Georgina B, Manager at The Waldorf Hilton London, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review and for your letter received by the hotel this week. You shall receive a letter directly from the General Manager addressing the areas highlighted.
Please accept our apologies for the discomfort caused by the air conditioning unit which had a fault that has now been rectified.

We trust your upcoming stay restores your faith in our services and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Waldorf Hilton.

With kind regards,

Georgina B
Executive Office - The Waldorf Hilton

Reviewed 15 June 2014

very old style elegance and comfort. rooms clean and cosy, bathroom lovely. Service excellent staff very helpful and friendly. Loved the breakfast the spread was amazing and the food full of flavour. The dining room was an absolute wonder .. especially when the doors were open to reveal the full expanse. close proximity to Covent Garden and the theatre district and the underground only a 5 or so minute walk. loved it

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ruth G
EChristiaanse, Guest Relations Manager at The Waldorf Hilton London, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share such a lovely review on TripAdvisor related to your recent stay at The Waldorf Hilton London.

I am delighted to learn from your feedback that you were satisfied with our services and facilities. I would also like to thank you for your comments about the hotel staff which goes a long way in encouring and motivating the team.

If I can be of assistance in near future, please do not hesitate to contact me.

I am looking forward meeting you on the occasion of your next visit.