“The Waldorf”

The Waldorf Hilton London
Ranked #331 of 1,075 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I was contacted by a gentleman called ”Harley” from your homage department, he convinced me I should visit your hotel “Waldorf”. and join the homage club. This was one of the best decisions I made. My daughter’s wedding was coming up on the 14th June. I booked 6 rooms for two nights with Harley it was very easy and professional. Upon arrival we were treated exceptionally well. From the moment the doorman took our car and parked it somewhere. The receptionists welcomed us as if we were regular customers. To the room which was very clean and spacious. (the “view” left a bit to be desired) but this did not spoil the experience. The restaurant, the food, the staff, the club room, the bar, the gym and the swimming pool were enjoyed by all of the party. Afternoon tea was a big hit with the group. Every one congratulated me on the choice of Hotel. They have all told me they would definitely stay here again. Especially if I pay !. I wanted to say a big thank you for making this weekend so nice and easy with a helping of luxury. “I will be back”

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank ericv127
EChristiaanse, Guest Relations Manager at The Waldorf Hilton London, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Waldorf Hilton during you recent visit to London.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor, your feedback is invaluable.

We were delighted to read your review and your comments which goes a long way in motivating and encouraging the team. I am happy to learn from your comments that our Premium Office as well as all the staff at the hotel were able to make this a memorable stay for you and your family.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back on the occasion of your next visit to London.

If I may be of any further assistance, please feel free to reach out to me.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Whenever I stay here, it reminds me why I continue to use the Hilton Brand. The service, staff and general experience is of the highest standard. If there is a fault, it is due to the staff being too efficient!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear guest,

Thank you for once again choosing to stay at The Waldorf Hilton during you recent visit to London.

We look forward to welcoming you back on the occasion of your next visit to London.

If I may be of any assistance in the future, please feel free to reach out to me.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Have just returned from a 4 night stay at the Waldorf Hilton. Excellent location for Theatres, Covent Garden and many of the other interesting places to see. Extremely pleased with the room we were allocated and the efficiency and friendiness of the staff. Madu the reception supervisor was extremely helpful, as we arrived early at the hotel and our room was not ready. She introduced us to the Executive Lounge, and kept us informed of developments.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Bob0007
EChristiaanse, Guest Relations Manager at The Waldorf Hilton London, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Waldorf Hilton during you recent visit to London as well for taking the time to share such a lovely review on TripAdvisor.

We were very much delighted and appreciative to read your comments about our staff which goes a long way in motivating and encouraging the team. I hope you were able to enjoy some lovely theatres or restaurant whilst staying with us and we are very much looking forward to your next stay with us.

If I may be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to me.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Nice hotel, great location. Price slightly high for what it has to offer- nothing to complain about but don't expect to be wowed! On the night we had a meal in the restaurant and found one of chef's hairs in a meal - pointed this out to the waiter - got a free glass of wine - not good enough. Wouldn't go back to the restaurant - yes for hotel but only if there was a good deal to be had- I think London has better for less.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Patrycja B
EChristiaanse, Guest Relations Manager at The Waldorf Hilton London, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a TripAdvisor review related to your recent visit at The Waldorf Hilton London.

All guest feedback is extremely important to us and we appreciate your participation.

I am delighted to learn from your feedback that you were pleased with our overall services however, I'm sorry to learn of your disappointment with regards to the meal in our Homage restaurant. Please note that your comments have been discussed and reviewed with the relevant team member to ensure this will not happen again and I would like to thank you for bringing to to our attention.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Waldorf Hilton London Hotel.

If you require any further assistance, please feel free to reach out to me.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 17 June 2014

My friends and I spent a great weekend at this lovely hotel, which is in a brilliant location and most of the places we wished to go to were,within walking distance The accommodation, breakfast and the afternoon tea was very good. The staff were very pleasant and helpful. So thank you to the coach company, GB tours for organizing this excellent trip.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
EChristiaanse, Guest Relations Manager at The Waldorf Hilton London, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Waldorf Hilton during your recent visit to London.

We were delighted to read your review and your comments about our staff which goes a long way in motivating and encouraging the team.

We look forward to welcome you back on the occasion of your next visit to London.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I like the location of this hotel - good for west end, city, and bits in between.

I like the rooms - a/c good on a warm night, quiet, good size, etc. bathrooms particularly nice.

Only breakfasted in the exec lounge - basic, but good & hot.

Will stay again.

PS it is slightly overpriced for what it is.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank HumptyDumptyMidlands

Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor related to your recent stay at The Waldorf Hilton London.

I am delighted to learn from your feedback that you were satisfied with our services and facilities.

If I can be of assistance in near future, please do not hesitate to contact me.

I look forward meeting you on the occasion of your next visit.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed here last week and the service was terrific. We arrived in London on the red-eye from the US and had requested an early check in - and our room was available when we arrived at the hotel at 10:00 am! It was great to get a couple hours sleep before our day and evening in London. And they really went out of their way when I left a sport coat in the closet and they mailed it back to our US home. Great location in the theater district and about 4 blocks from Charing Cross station where we caught our train the next day. Thanks to the whole staff for making our short stay so enjoyable.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple