“What a great stay and well looked after.”

The Waldorf Hilton London
Ranked #336 of 1,063 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Leicester, United Kingdom
“What a great stay and well looked after.”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

The check in was flawless and took a short time to have our room allocated, the room was spotless and large with everything you could wish for. beds were very comfortable and a great sleep after an exhausting day walking around London. Breakfast the next morning was excellent and afternoon tea was very good. Would certainly recommend to all,staff made our stay very good and really looked after us.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ray069
EChristiaanse, Guest Relations Manager at The Waldorf Hilton London, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share such a lovely review on TripAdvisor related to your recent stay at The Waldorf Hilton London.

I am delighted to learn from your feedback that you were satisfied with our services and facilities. I am glad to learn you enjoyed our afternoon tea as well as our breakfast items and services and we are very much looking forward welcoming you back on the occasion of your next visit with us.

If I can be of assistance in near future, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Eline C.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (778)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Booked this hotel because of the Hilton Brand to treat myself. Booked a suite also.. The room had no air conditioning for more than half my stay. The front desk did not answer the phone when i called many times. So disappointed.

Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your review through Tripadvisor related to your previous visit at The Waldorf Hilton London.

We greatly appreciate all comments made by our guests, whether positive or for our development as it allows for continued improvement in that which is most important to us, our guest service.

I was really concerned to hear that we did not meet your expectations and I am sorry you were very disappointed. We are constantly monitoring the performance of our hotel against Hilton's high service and quality standards. I am glad that I was able to contact you personally in regards to your recent stay with us here at the Waldorf Hilton and I hope that this was satisfactory.

If I may be of any further assistance in the future, please feel free to reach out to me.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Good location. Quiet rooms. Well decorated. The rooms were small but that is in keeping with London hotels generally. I am sure you could pay for a larger sized room, we chose not to as it was a short trip. The staff ( all that we met ) were very helpful and attentive. The breakfast was full English and you could order omelettes / eggs to order if you preferred. We like our coffee strong , they were able to make strong fresh coffee ( we drink Americanos) which were exceptionally good.
We did not have to wait for breakfast, but we saw a bit of a line which would have been frustrating if you had to wait. Overall a very enjoyable stay and I would strongly recommend it to others and would stay again .

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank XLRow1x
EChristiaanse, Guest Relations Manager at The Waldorf Hilton London, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Waldorf Hilton during you recent visit to London.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor, your feedback is invaluable.

We were delighted to read your review and your comments about the hotel staff which goes a long way in motivating and encouraging the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back on the occasion of your next visit to London.

If I may be of any assistance in the future, please feel free to reach out to me.

Northumberland
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I stayed here for two nights while in London on business. My room was large and comfortable and, above all, quiet. There was no traffic noise at all. The price was extremely reasonable (at about £250 per night) given the hotel's location and my room's size. The staff were friendly and efficient. The other guests seemed OK, thankfully no trendies.

Best of all, the hotel did not suffer the usual dreadful Hilton effect. I can't stand Hilton hotels. They are usually rubbish. But this one wasn't. I expect that henceforth I will always stay here when in London.

One down side: there was only a single plug socket in the room. I didn't realise electricity was so expensive. They must save about 50p a year by depriving their guests of its use. So maybe there was a bit of Hilton in there after all.

I didn't use any of the facilities so I cannot comment on them.

Room Tip: A room on the inside of the building has plenty of light but no noise.
1 Thank JJRodger
EChristiaanse, Guest Relations Manager at The Waldorf Hilton London, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor with regards to your recent stay at The Waldorf Hilton London.

I am delighted to learn from your feedback that you were satisfied with our services and that you took good advantage of our great location.

We look forward to welcoming you back on the occasion of your next visit.

Please feel free to reach out to me for any future reservations so I can personally look after you.

Cheshire, United Kingdom

Hi everyone again,

I am a big fan of the Hilton Hotels, you get what it says on the tin on most occasions. The Waldorf is located on the edge of Covent Garden and Theatre Land. You can walk to great bars and restaurants - you don't need to to walk far.

Some realities of the Hotel - its expensive and over rated. The London attitude of take it or leave it is almost showing through the veneer. At £400+ for the room with breakfast, you could hardly say it was a cheap Hotel. I am not going to moan about waiting for the room for an hour, it was not ready, the room having an extra bed in it that we did not need or ask for, the bottle of champagne I ordered in the room on arrival - it was our wedding anniversary, that never came or just some of the attitudes of staff, that needed a good old shake up!!!!!

The "good the bad the ugly" bits, some helpful and great staff that try very hard, breakfast is amazing, doorman and concierge extremely helpful and went out of the way to apologise if things went wrong, more than can be said of the management team....they sent a cheap bottle of Prosecco and knocked £50 quid off the bill. I appreciate that money off does soften the blow, however, actually if you have a special occasion you want it all right, as planned, as booked, as agreed and paid for.

The exec lounge needs a good updating and softening up, it is more like a doctors waiting room than somewhere inviting and relaxing. We did not use the happy hour bit because its just not inviting.

I suppose if you are a seasoned traveler and you are fortunate enough to be able to benchmark Hilton Hotels around the world, you would have the right to say - Waldorf you need a shake up! attention to detail, listen to your customers, don't be pompous and snooty! customers are not always right, but they deserve to be heard.

I will stay at Hiltons again - in fact I am at the Gatwick Hilton Sunday night, travelling early Monday. I am not sure I want to stay at the Waldorf again, I think I will try somewhere else next time with my £450 a night budget.

Any suggestions or recommendations welcome.

Regards as always Mike and Tona Lord

Room Tip: Don't stay in 518 your view is like a scene out of fiddler on the roof.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Mike L
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments related to your recent stay at the Waldorf Hilton London.

I would like to convey my sincerest apologies for your disappointing experience. I was saddened to learn that your expectations were not met and I understand as to why you were disappointed.

I take onboard your comments in regards to the overall experience, especially the short falls you encountered with the check in time and the champagne which wasn't in the room. We are known for our excellent customer service, however on this occasion this was not the case and I understand how frustrating it must have been for you. Unfortunately we cannot guarantee any early check ins before 3 PM, however, we do always try our best to accomodate our guests before 3 PM when possible, which in this case we succeeded. As we noticed that it was your anniversary we had send up a bottle of Prosecco complimentary as a gesture of goodwill. I do apologize if you feel we didn't try to exceed your expectations and I would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused.

I have spoken with the relevant teams and I am confident this was only a one off occasion.
As Hotelier's we aim to exceed expectations at every opportunity and on this occasion we have clearly failed. I truly hope that you give us the opportunity to prove that this was a one off disappointment that you experienced and look forward to meeting you on the occasion of your next visit.

If I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to me.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I was contacted by a gentleman called ”Harley” from your homage department, he convinced me I should visit your hotel “Waldorf”. and join the homage club. This was one of the best decisions I made. My daughter’s wedding was coming up on the 14th June. I booked 6 rooms for two nights with Harley it was very easy and professional. Upon arrival we were treated exceptionally well. From the moment the doorman took our car and parked it somewhere. The receptionists welcomed us as if we were regular customers. To the room which was very clean and spacious. (the “view” left a bit to be desired) but this did not spoil the experience. The restaurant, the food, the staff, the club room, the bar, the gym and the swimming pool were enjoyed by all of the party. Afternoon tea was a big hit with the group. Every one congratulated me on the choice of Hotel. They have all told me they would definitely stay here again. Especially if I pay !. I wanted to say a big thank you for making this weekend so nice and easy with a helping of luxury. “I will be back”

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

6 Thank ericv127
Dear guest,

We were delighted to read your review and your comments which goes a long way in motivating and encouraging the team. I am happy to learn from your comments that our Premium Office as well as all the staff at the hotel were able to make this a memorable stay for you and your family.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back on the occasion of your next visit to London.

If I may be of any further assistance, please feel free to reach out to me.

london, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Whenever I stay here, it reminds me why I continue to use the Hilton Brand. The service, staff and general experience is of the highest standard. If there is a fault, it is due to the staff being too efficient!!

Dear guest,

Thank you for once again choosing to stay at The Waldorf Hilton during you recent visit to London.