“Poor standard” 3 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Brentwood, United Kingdom
“Poor standard”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Great location but very disappointed with standard of accommodation, very tired and room
required refurbishing also not very clean with a lot of dust in places bed valance stained
and quilt had hole in it. Breakfast fine although staff not that attentive, It's really a 3 star Hotel with 5 star prices in the bar,

3 Thank john h
Sarah B, Front Office Manager at The Waldorf Hilton London, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review following your recent stay with us at the Waldorf Hilton.

I was most concerned to read your feedback and I would very much like to learn more of your experience.

Please can you email me at lonwa_guestrelations@hilton.com so I can investigate your feedback further.

I look forward to hearing from you,

SARAH I Front of House Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (754)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

My husband and I have stayed in this hotel many times, and look forward to being there again in August. We're always impressed by the efficient, friendly staff; they maximize an already magnificent experience. Our rooms have always been immaculate and comfortable. The executive lounge is a welcome refuge from the bustle of the city. Perhaps best of all is its location - right in the middle of the theatre district - with easy, walkable access to London's history, museums, restaurants, and monuments. What makes the hotel unique is not one thing - it's the combination of everything. We wouldn't consider going elsewhere. For us, this hotel IS London.

3 Thank PJGreen
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your fantastic review in regards to your numerous stays with us at the Waldorf Hilton. Our team have a genuine passion for delighting our guests and I am so happy that you have experienced this on the numerous occasions you have stayed with us.

Thank you for your continued loyalty and I look forward to meeting you personally in August.

Newcastle upon Tyne
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

The Waldorf Hilton is a beautiful, well maintained hotel in a great location in London - just a short walk to many sites.
I paid a little extra for an executive room - we got a quiet room as requested which I appreciated - it was spacious and felt luxurious. The executive package entitled us to the executive lounge which should have been renamed the creche. When looking (and paying) for a nice romantic weekend away I don't expect to have children running around, screaming and crying when trying to have breakfast, however the staff didn't seem phased. The other disappointment was when we rang for food at 10:45pm and were refused food, as the kitchen had closed even though the menu and front of house staff said you could order anytime up to 11pm. Again, the man on the other end of the phone didn't seem bothered. The staff all seem very lackluster and let down the standard of the hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Hayley P
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback in regards to your recent stay with us at the Waldorf Hilton.

I am delighted that you found the hotel and location ideal for your visit and that you enjoyed the benefits of upgrading to one of our Executive rooms. I am sorry however about your feedback regarding our Executive Lounge, we at the Waldorf are lucky enough to be popular to both business and leisure guests and of course being summer holidays we are welcoming many families these coming weeks. I was also concerned to read your comments in regards to our room service department and I can assure you that your feedback will be passed on so corrective training can take place.

We do value you feedback and thank you very much for sharing.

Calgary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Unbeatable location next to the Novello theatre..now playing Mama Mia. This hotel is bright fresh and feels new, even though the actual outer building is old. The executive lounge is excellent, serving a nice breakfast and evening reception

1 Thank Allison R
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your excellent review in regards to your recent stay with us and we are overjoyed that we are your new favourite Hilton hotel!

I will be my absolute pleasure to share your feedback with our dedicated team and I once again do thank you for taking the time to share with us.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Waldorf.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Stayed here using Hilton Honors points and was fully expecting the worse room there (as happened in the Waldorf Astoria in NYC) but very impressed with the room and service. It was our anniversary and a bottle of wine was sent up to the room with congratulations.
The hotel is near Covent Garden, Leicester square and not far from the West End so convenient location although not that close to a tube station.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mumof1soontobe2
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your fantastic review or our beautiful hotel and once again may we take this opportunity to wish you a very happy anniversary.

Our team work extremely hard to ensure that all our guest have the very best of experience here in the heart of the city we are delighted by your feedback, I am very much looking forward to sharing your comments with the whole team especially our dedicated pastry department who take great pleasure in making special moments such as these.

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Waldorf Hilton to celebrate your next anniversary.

United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Absolutely delighted with everything during my overnight stay at this hotel. Staff were friendly and helpful from the minute I stepped thought the door. The rooms were clean and the chamber maid was confident, helpful and friendly.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Margaret N
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your very kind review of the Waldorf Hilton.

I was delighted to read that you were made to feel welcome from the moment you entered our beautiful hotel as we do strive to make all of our guest feel like they are at their home away from home. I am looking forward to sharing your fantastic feedback with all our team members, in particular our housekeeping team will be elated by your comments.

Once again thank you for taking the time to share your experience and we are very much looking forward to welcoming you back.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

This was our second stay at the Waldorf and I cannot find any faults. Its a special historic hotel in a great location in London. Walking distance from the river Thames, theatre land, Trafalgar Square, Leicester Square and so on. Basically, its a great location for anyone visiting the capital.

I don't understand people who give this hotel a low rating, moaning about every little thing. I'm sure they live in pristine perfect mansions but come on!! Maybe they should just stay at home!!

Anyway, back to the hotel. I must say that the staff were brilliant. Every time we needed anything, they were more than happy to help. We were initially given a twin room, but asked if we can change and it was done. We asked for a late check-out and it was done. Little things like that go a long way.

Highly recommended

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Medsta
Sarah B, Manager at The Waldorf Hilton London, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your fantastic review.

Our team work extremely hard to ensure that all our guest have the very best of experience here in the heart of the city we are delighted by your feedback, I am very much looking forward to sharing your comments with the whole team.

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Waldorf Hilton in the near future.