“Rooms and bathrooms are lovely”

The Waldorf Hilton London
Ranked #339 of 1,089 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Paso Robles, California
“Rooms and bathrooms are lovely”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

We liked this neighborhood very much, the hotel is beautiful inside and out. However it annoys me that wifi isn't free at a hotel that is this expensive even if you are a hilton honors member. I don't like being nickle and dimed when I'm paying this much. The bathrooms are nice and the beds were comfy, and there are many good restaurants in the neighborhood and shopping is not to far.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Scoti_nic
EChristiaanse, Guest Relations Manager at The Waldorf Hilton London, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a TripAdvisor review related to your recent visit at The Waldorf Hilton London.

All guest feedback is extremely important to us and we appreciate your participation.

I am delighted to learn from your feedback that you were pleased with our overall services. I am sorry to learn of your disappointment with regards to not having a free Wireless connectivity in our rooms to all our guest. Due to our HHonors Loyalty Hilton worldwide program benefits it only allows our Gold & Diamond members to have access as well as our guests who have booked an Executive room or higher. That aside, I'm happy to say that we do offer free WIFI in our public and lobby areas of our Hotel.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Waldorf Hilton London Hotel.

Kind regards,

Eline C.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (766)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the Waldorf. Although it is an older property, upgrades have kept it current and comfortable. We enjoyed the central location as it ws within easy walking distance to places of interest. Also the tour busses had a stop just outside the door making it easy to use the Hop on Hop off routes. We also enjoyed the excellent fitness centre which had good, largely current equipment and was well maintained.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

2 Thank YL-vanisland
Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share such a lovely review on TripAdvisor related to your recent stay at The Waldorf Hilton London.

I am delighted to learn from your feedback that you were satisfied with our services and facilities. I was glad to read that you took great advantage of the Hop on Hop off bus which stops right in front of the hotel and I hope you were able to see a lot of London.

If I can be of assistance in near future, please do not hesitate to contact me.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Waldorf Hilton London.

Chicago, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

We had a very pleasant experience at the London Waldorf. The location is excellent if you are coming to London for theatre, and the staff is very helpful. The executive lounge was family-friendly and the food was good. I recommend this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Barbara S
EChristiaanse, Guest Relations Manager at The Waldorf Hilton London, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Dear guest,

I am delighted to learn from your feedback that you were satisfied with our services and facilities. I am glad to read the you enjoyed our Executive lounge and took great advantage of our lovely location.

Doncaster, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

My wife and I have stayed here several times, and this recent one was the best. The room was an Exec Plus in a quiet area on the Exec floor. I think, from reading some of the reviews and my own experience, that location within the hotel is a key factor for a good night's sleep.

The main recommendation I can make is to definitely choose Exec access to the Executive lounge. This comes with an 'Exec room', or you can pay extra for access. It really is worth it. We took breakfast there (or in the main dining), came back between 15:00-17:00 for 'afternoon tea', and enjoyed 'canapes and drinks after 18:30. For us, we didn't need anything else all day - you can definitely get all your daily nutritional requirements in the Exec lounge!

The hotel is a great base for visiting London. We walked a lot, which is a good way of exploring.

There are certainly more luxurious (and expensive) hotels in London, but this one has a nice feel with very friendly staff, is not pretentious and is beginning to feel like our 'home-from-home' in London!

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room away from 'theatre-land' noise. Though, to be fair, even the next door...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Paul S
EChristiaanse, Guest Relations Manager at The Waldorf Hilton London, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Dear guest,

I would like to thank you again for choosing to stay with us as well for taking the time to share such a lovely review on TripAdvisor related to your recent stay at The Waldorf Hilton London.

I am delighted to learn from your feedback that you were satisfied with our services and facilities. I am very glad to read that you had such a pleasent stay with us and that you were able to enjoy our Executive lounge as much as you did.

If I can be of assistance in near future, please do not hesitate to contact me.

I am looking forward to welcome you back to The Waldorf Hilton London.

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

After reading other reviews, I must agree housekeeping is a persistent weak link. After 5 hours of being gone all day, returned to an untouched room at 430pm. Had to make several phone calls.
Aside from that we enjoyed everything else. A very nice renovated room. Loved the double sink in the bathroom. View of brick walls but it was very quiet. It seems the beautiful front facing rooms you would be subject to street noise. Very nice executive lounge, but be forewarned that summer brings many families with children. The gym is operated by LA fitness so it is very busy generally but fully equipped. Good Godfeys is a fabulous place to unwind. Excellent addition to this hotel. Overall we loved this hotel, location,staff, most aspects very good. We will be returning.

Room Tip: Try to get a removed room. First 5 floors. Avoid street side
1 Thank flyingbiz

If I can be of assistance in near future, please do not hesitate to contact me.

We look forward to welcome you back to The Waldorf Hilton London.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

I booked this Hotel for my 50th Birthday. I communicated clearly with the Hotel that I need 2 rooms, one for my elderly parents (who needed a room with a "disabled bathroom") and one for me next to them or nearby so I could look after them.
When we checked in my parents room was fine - but my room was some distance away and was very noisy and dark (air conditioning units outside). I complained, and had to move rooms the next day - huge inconvenience and made my weekend (which should have been fun) more stressful. I also complained about the cleanliness of the corridor outside my room - nothing was done about this. Do not accept room 109!!

We had access to the Executive Lounge which was great, although it did get very busy in the evenings and my parents had difficulty in finding seating. Food was OK for breakfast - certainly nothing to write home about.

Overall staff were friendly and professional - but the overall experience, especially since it was a special weekend, was spoiled. Overall for the price - disappointing - I am going to complain to the Hotel (AGAIN) and see what they do - other than send a cheap bottle of wine to the room. Generally the Hotel is tired and needs an upgrade - even though it is Grade II listed - this is no excuse!!

Room Tip: Do not use room 109
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Trevor0wen
EChristiaanse, Guest Relations Manager at The Waldorf Hilton London, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear guest,

I would first like to thank you for taking the time to share your review through Tripadvisor related to your previous visit at The Waldorf Hilton London.

We greatly appreciate all comments made by our guests, whether positive or for our development as it allows for continued improvement in that which is most important to us, our guest service.

I was really concerned to hear that we did not meet your expectations and I am sorry you were disappointed.

We are constantly monitoring the performance of our hotel against Hilton's high service and quality standards. Normally our guests are very pleased with our rooms as these rooms in particular are newly refurbished as well as most of the hotels public areas. As the hotel is a listed building and due to it herritage we work very hard to maintain the hotels history and I regret that you feel that the hotel, in general, is not up to standards.

I would like to learn more about your stay as it will enable us to continually improve, exceed quality standards, and are vitally important in helping us achieve our Mission to be the first choice of the world’s travellers. Please contact me via email eline.christiaanse@hilton.com or by telephone +44 (0) 207 759 4255.

I look forward to hear from you in the near future.

Brussels, Belgium
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights with my wife. The hotel is not living up to its name. As many writes it needs a thorough upgrade. Furnitures are old and dirty though hotel staff are friendly. Breakfast also not very interesting.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jakob C
Yovany T, Manager at The Waldorf Hilton London, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear Sir\Madam,

I would like to first thank you for taking the time to share your review through Tripadvisor related to your previous visit at The Waldorf Hilton London.

I was really concerned to hear that we did not meet your expectations and I am sorry you were very disappointed.

Comments from our guests enable us to continually improve, exceed quality standards, and are vitally important in helping us achieve our Mission to be the first choice of the world’s travelers.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Waldorf Hilton London.

Yovany Santa Torres I Assistant Front of House Manager