“Family time”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“Family time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

My daughter and I stayed one night. Was a lovely room, quite a small bathroom and personally for me the pillows were a bit too soft. We treated ourselves to afternoon tea which was fantastic - although for the pair of us tea for 1 would have been ample! Staff were very helpful and the hotel was ideal for our night time trip to the Lyceum.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
EChristiaanse, Guest Relations Manager at The Waldorf Hilton London, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear guest,

I would first like to thank you for taking the time to share such a lovely review on TripAdvisor related to your recent stay at The Waldorf Hilton London.

I am delighted to learn from your feedback that you were satisfied with our services and facilities. We were delighted to read your review and your comments which goes a long way in motivating and encouraging the team.

If I can be of assistance in near future, please do not hesitate to contact me.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Waldorf Hilton London.

Eline C.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (766)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
East Midlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel was very nice, with friendly helpful staff. We were given a complimentary late check out. The room was nice and comfortable and everything you need. However the pool is very dismal and dingy, and the steam room out of action. One of the main reasons for choosing the hotel was the pool and it was a let down. If you are wanting a pool as an integral part of your stay then choose a different hotel.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MrBuzz
Dear guest,

I am delighted to learn from your feedback that you were satisfied with our services and facilities. I take on board your comments about the pool which is, unfortunately, managed by LA Fitness which has been discussed with their General Manager and I would like to thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

On arrival I was quite impressed by this hotel, the concierge, doorman and check in staff were all excellent and friendly. The hotel on the face of it looks good and ticks all the boxes and the location could not be better. Then you experience the service, the toilets were dirty on arrival and straight after cleaning they had missed half the room. Tea and Coffee were there but very sparse, not enough towels which is manageable but I was shocked to find out the turn down service "was available only on request". So we had no fresh towels in the morning. We asked for some technical help and got a grumpy reply and an angry looking manager turned up. The noise in the hall was incredible, you can hear everyone talking and every door shutting wakes you up. This hotel could be great but falls way below the minimum level of most hotels never mind Waldorf.

Room Tip: Ask for extra towels, tea and coffee and turndown service
1 Thank Craig R
Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your review through Tripadvisor related to your previous visit at The Waldorf Hilton London.

We greatly appreciate all comments made by our guests, whether positive or for our development as it allows for continued improvement in that which is most important to us, our guest service.

I was concerned to hear that we did not meet your expectations and I am sorry you were disappointed.

We are constantly monitoring the performance of our hotel against Hilton's high service and quality standards. I would like to learn more about your stay as it will enable us to continually improve, exceed quality standards, and are vitally important in helping us achieve our Mission to be the first choice of the world’s travellers. Please contact me via email eline.christiaanse@hilton.com or by telephone +44 (0) 207 759 4255.

I look forward to hear from you in the near future.

Winchester, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

Superb location if you are in town for the shows. Royal Opera House is 5 minutes walk. Numerous theatres nearby. The Waldorf just about pulls off being a high end hotel. The friendly welcoming staff, the historic associations and the fabric of the building soon make you forget any suspicion that it's just an overpriced Hilton. It is expensive but just gets away with it. We had a lovely large room on the 8th floor, literally in the roof space. Normally that wouldn't be a problem in London but it was in the middle of a heat wave and the wheezing air con struggled to keep the room comfortable. Em also took in the afternoon tea experience which was quite fun.

Room Tip: Avoid top floor in high summer
1 Thank Oystermouthensis
EChristiaanse, Guest Relations Manager at The Waldorf Hilton London, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share such a lovely review on TripAdvisor related to your recent stay at The Waldorf Hilton London.

Worcester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

Stayed here at a day's notice, and managed to obtain a very competitive price through lastminute.com and their 'unnamed hotel' offer - tho' you can usually work out which hotel it is with a little investigation.

Good points:
- Hotel Reception and Concierge staff - very competent, friendly and efficient. However, I note that the precautionary authorisation taken from my credit card has not been reversed three days after I checked out, although, of course, the charged amount has been put through...
- Location - Very convenient for WC addresses in London, Covent Garden, Theatreland, and WC and EC business addresses.
- Good night's sleep - I had a small (but perfectly adequate) room on the seventh floor, looking North West. Very quiet room with good air conditioning (a quiet slow fan speed was exactly what was needed overnight on a very hot and humid July evening). Very comfortable bed and tea and coffee making facilities to make that all-important first cup of tea in the morning.
- Housekeeping - Very prompt service when requesting a bath-robe for the room.

Not so good points:
- Room Service - I ordered a Waldorf salad as a late supper, hoping for something fresh and crunchy. However, what turned up was very disappointing: a lifeless, flaccid, grey and soft concoction with little discernible flavour pressed into a flat circle on the plate with some consolation prize pickled walnuts as decoration. Not quite the Waldorf Astoria... This had been served some moments earlier by a waiter who had some severe personal hygiene "issues", so perhaps not the best of experiences all-in-all.
- Breakfast - On checking-in, I was offered a 'special' deal on the full breakfast (a £6 reaction, I think). This would probably have been a good deal had I had time to linger over a leisurely breakfast, but the reality in the morning was that all I wanted was a bowl of porridge, orange juice and a pot of tea, so not best value. The breakfast room was very, very hot with the usual buffet-style hot plates of seething vats of the full english breakfast experience, and this was accompanied by rather too loud piped music, which was not turned down even when requested for the second time.
- Room entertainment system - Very comprehensive TV and film offerings, but the only programme I ever really need, Radio 4, did not work, so listened on iPlayer on my mobile instead.
- Wifi - Hotels should by now all offer free wifi without exception, as a service to their guests. Wifi was too expensive by far here. The hotel does not charge for the use of its swimming pool, so why does it charge for wifi?

The good location and good night's sleep were exactly what I wanted, but a shame that the other relatively minor points (and so easy to rectify) rather let the hotel down.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank SometimeTraveller
Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your review through Tripadvisor related to your recent visit at The Waldorf Hilton London.

I look forward to hear from you in the near future.

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

I stayed at the hotel with my father and brother for a weekend visit to London.

The hotel staff were great, from the moment we arrived. the room wasn't ready until 3pm, which was a bit of a pain as most hotels usaly are ready to use at 2pm. However as the hotel is in a great location (covent garden) we popped out for a late linch and by the time we came back all our bags had been placed in the room.

For the whole of the stay the taff could not have been more helpful.

The hotel is designed to a very High standard, with good quality fittings and decoration. It almost looked newly decorated. The beds were big and they used nice linen. The hotel had good windows so the noise was minimal, and also this is an old hotel, the walls were thick so we never herd any noise from the other rooms.

we didn't have time to use the pool or Gym, but we did take a look and these looked great, so on my next stay i will try and use.

One more great thing about this hotel is the Location. We didn't need to use any public transport during our stay as the all the sights, shops, restaurants and theatre are with in 20 mins walking distance f most attractions and needs.

Super stay and will book again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank robjay78
EChristiaanse, Guest Relations Manager at The Waldorf Hilton London, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Waldorf Hilton during you recent visit to London as well for taking the time to share such a lovely review on TripAdvisor.

We were very much delighted and appreciative to read your comments about our staff which goes a long way in motivating and encouraging the team. I hope you were able to enjoy the hotel's area whilst staying with us and we are very much looking forward to your next stay with us.

If I may be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to me.

Wiltshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

The Concierge and Valet at the Wardolf are the type of staff that the hotel should be proud of. Really old fashioned type service that you would expect from a 5 star hotel. They made our trip extremely enjoyable with their suggestions and all round helpfulness.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Louise N
Elisa B, Guest Relations Manager at The Waldorf Hilton London, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for completing such a great review following you recent stay at The Waldorf Hilton

I am delighted to read that our amazing concierge staff made your trip extraordinary, they are a big asset to this hotel and they will be recognized.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon to our hotel and please feel free to contact us directly anytime at lonwa_guestrelations@hilton.com

Best regards,