The Waldorf Hilton London
The Savoy(London)
  • Pool
Excellent 5/5
4,611 results
All reviewsthe executive loungecovent gardenafternoon teahomage restaurantthe theater districtdiamond membertheatre landwest endan upgradejunior suitetrafalgar squarestandard roomlovely roomfantastic locationstayed for one nightaldwychconcierge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I'm a HH Gold member and was given a free upgrade to one of the "modern" rooms; I would have hated to have seen what the standard rooms are like! The room was far from modern, cramped and noisy - not what you would expect from a 5 star hotel. The luxury seemed to end as soon as you got out of the lobby, which is a shame as I would have expected more from a brand like Waldorf. The person on reception did wipe our room service off the bill as we said we were disappointed, which they didn't have to do. I wouldn't return though as there are far better options as far as Hiltons go. Other thing to note is that the exec lounge is only for diamond members, so doesn't offer great value for Gold members.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nriches001
Alison P, General Manager at The Waldorf Hilton London, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear nriches001,

Thank you for your review. It is always a concern to read when a valued guest has a disappointing stay at The Waldorf Hilton and we would like to apologise for the shortfall in expectations.

If you would like to discuss these matters in further detail, please do not hesitate to forward a copy of your review to Lonwa_Guestrelations@Hilton.com and you will be responded to direct.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

We attended Afternoon Tea on a Wowcher deal, and subsequently received the standard deal website treatment. The service was friendly, but not as attentive as I would expect from The Waldorf. Overall the teas sandwiches and cakes were delicious, although the cakes weren't as fresh as they could be, perhaps they'd been sitting around a bit as we were the last sitting. Overall it wasn't anything special, but great value and we would be happy to return in the future.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jennifer F

Dear Jennifer M,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to your review on TripAdvisor related to your recent visit to our Homage Restaurant at The Waldorf Hilton London.

I am glad to learn from your feedback that you were satisfied with our services and facilities. I have taken on board your comments about the staff as well as the pastries served during afternoon tea, please note that these have been shared with our Food & Beverage manager and Executive Chef in order to take immediate action upon this. I would also like to thank you for bringing this to my attention.

If I may be of assistance in the near future, please do not hesitate to contact me.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Waldorf Hilton London.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

We stayed here when we went to London in August 2013. The lobby bar is excellent (although it seems like it didn't stay open very late). The Hilton Honors Lounge is very nice. Good breakfast and great afternoon snacks/tea. On our floor (not sure about the others) we had to go down a few steps from the elevator lobby to our room, so if you have mobility issues this may not be the best choice for you. My in-laws' room was a bit small (with a HUGE closet). Our room was large...but it only had one A/C vent (which didn't point at our bed), so it was hot in our room and we never slept well. (We're Americans--we like A/C.) We even had hotel maintenance check our A/C and it was working correctly. This hotel wasn't as convenient to the tube as another hotel we stayed at in London (The Trafalgar) but the neighborhood around the hotel is really nice and has some nice little cafes and restaurants. I would definitely say this hotel draws an older crowd.

Room Tip: If A/C is important to you, check the placement of the A/C vent before you accept the room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dedicated1776

Dear dedicated1776,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor related to your recent stay at The Waldorf Hilton London.

I am delighted to learn from your feedback that you were satisfied with our services and facilities. I take on board your comments in regards to the rooms as well as the steps on the floors. The hotel is a listed building and due to the hotels charming heritage, none of the hotel rooms are exactly the same as well as every floor having a few steps on the left side when leaving the elevators. I would also like to inform you that we do have accessible rooms for guests who are mobility impaired and I would like to thank you for bringing this to my attention.

If I can be of assistance in near future, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Room a bit small for a couple, should have upgraded. Bathroom very small. Concierge exceeded my expectations. Secured a difficult dinner reservation on short notice. Location is awesome for walking to restaurants and shopping.

Room Tip: Upgrade and get a larger room if you are not alone.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear 399beach,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor with regards to your recent stay at The Waldorf Hilton London.

I am delighted to learn from your feedback that you were satisfied with our services and that you took good advantage of our great location. Please rest assured that your comments about our Concierge team will be shared with the entire team.

We look forward to welcoming you back on the occasion of your next visit.

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights combining g a weekend break with a business trip.

Had a nice quiet room on a high floor (as requested), which meant a very peaceful stay.

Booked an executive room, and the visited the lounge for pre theatre drinks. I think the cost of the upgrade is money well spent.

Great location for shows and sightseeing. I am familiar with London so managed to walk everywhere.

Have stayed here several time son business, and will do so again (either business or pleasure).

• Stayed: July 2014
Alison P, General Manager at The Waldorf Hilton London, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear CE04dje,

Thank you for once again choosing to stay at The Waldorf Hilton during you recent visit to London as well as for taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to learn from your feedback that you were satisfied with our services and that you enjoyed some pre-theatre drinks in our Executive Lounge before visiting one of London's lovely shows.

We look forward to welcoming you back on the occasion of your next visit.