“Great style”

The Waldorf Hilton London
Ranked #339 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We have stayed at this hotel a number of times and have always received great service even when the hotel is very busy. The rooms have a style all of their own and and the staff are very helpful. Cyril the concierge is the most helpful and knows everything. The hotel is perfect locales for all he shows and Cyril appears to always be able to get the blest seats and prices. We are looking forward to returning at Christmas time. I would wholeheartedly recommend this hotel

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Westwood T
Alison P, General Manager at The Waldorf Hilton London, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear Westwood T,

Thank you for once again choosing to stay at The Waldorf Hilton during you recent visit to London.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor, your feedback is invaluable.

We were delighted to read your review and your comments about the hotel staff as this goes a long way in motivating and encouraging the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back on the occasion of your next visit to London.

Alison P.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,374)

Reviewed 24 August 2014

After reading other reviews on TA we decided to take the chance and book The Waldorf Hilton London because we really wanted to stay in this area. Big Mistake!!!

Check in was horrible and slow. The room wasn't ready until after 4pm so we sat in the bar before a 2nd check in staff member noticed we could have sat in the lounge so we were direct there until we got our room keys. This is after I went and asked for the 3rd time if the room was ready.

We were directed to the 7th floor and on getting out of the lifts we were asked by other guests with their bags if they knew where the 8th floor was. I said it looks like the lifts only go to the 7th. They were confused and went back down to the Lobby. We later noticed a sign saying 'Take the stair to the 8th floor'

Our Executive King room was at the front of the Hotel on the 7th floor and when we arrive we realised they had just set up the room for us. Not made it up but actually set it up. It felt like they had just moved the furniture into this attic room for our stay. The bell boy apologised to us about the room. We were shocked! We were literally in the attic. There were two 'porthole' style windows a bit bigger than dinner plates and one sky light above the bed. It was narrow, cramped and just claustrophobic. I called reception to make sure we were actually in the Executive King because it looked nothing like the photos advertised. The following day we changed to another Executive King. This was just as bad and located one floor below on the 6th at the back with the fire stairs running behind it. We stayed a few nights but decided to leave early losing our money.

The dining staff and room service was a joke. Room service lost our 'room number' after we waited 30 minutes then they called to say "sorry what was your order we can't read our colleagues hand writing" I almost fell over. They call this a Luxury London Hotel. Are you kidding? The women dropped off the food and we could hear her laughing as she walked away.

There were too many "are you kidding" moments to mention. This is a horrible hotel full of staff from all over the world who have absolutely no consistency to their service delivery. Shame on you Hilton! This is at best a 3 star hotel, trust me when I say "do not stay here".

2  Thank FitnessHealthTravel
Alison P, General Manager at The Waldorf Hilton London, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review. It is always a concern to read when a valued guest has a disappointing stay at The Waldorf Hilton and we would like to apologise for the shortfall in expectations.

Please be assured that your overall experience is not representative of our usual standards of service and the areas highlighted for improvement have been shared with the team and immediate steps have been taken.

If you would like to discuss these matters in further detail, please do not hesitate to forward a copy of your review to Lonwa_Guestrelations@Hilton.com and you will be responded to direct.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

Efficient checkin. Immediate upgrade to a deluxe room with Hhonors gold. The recently refurbed room was lovely in art-deco style, luxury bath and amenities. Our room was at the back of the hotel so no view but also no noise. Superbly comfy bed and pillows. Noisy people in the corridor at times but can't blame the hotel for that!

All the staff were very efficient, pleasant and friendly. Great location with excellent tube, rail and bus links.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TJTemple
Alison P, General Manager at The Waldorf Hilton London, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2014

Dear TJTemple,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share such a lovely review on TripAdvisor related to your recent stay at The Waldorf Hilton London.

If I can be of assistance in near future, please do not hesitate to contact me.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Waldorf Hilton London.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

A comfortable and well-appointed hotel in an excellent position and the staff were friendly, attentive and efficient. My only complaint would be that we had to wait too long to be shown to a breakfast table and service was very slow. Nonetheless, we would certainly return here.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Peter S
Alison P, General Manager at The Waldorf Hilton London, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear Peter S.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Having stayed in Hilton hotels all over the world (and London) I was rather disappointed at the price we paid to stay here.

We visited London for our wedding anniversary and thought we would treat ourselves to a luxury hotel. We paid extra to upgrade to one of the modern rooms, the room itself was absolutely tiny, barely any room around the bed and a tiny bathroom, for a 5 star luxury hotel at this price I would expect a much bigger room, it was also quite a walk from the lifts when the hotel seemed fairly empty.

Was woken at 5:30 am on Sunday morning by incredible amounts of noise in the corridors.

The breakfast was really nice and the location is excellent but unfortunately the rooms let this hotel down.

Ordered an old fashioned in the bar and what arrived was the worst one Ive ever had, no crushed ice, no real flavour and very expensive.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Please be assured that your overall experience is not representative of our usual standards of service and we have taken on board your comments about the drinks in our bar for improvement and this has also been shared with the team so that immediate steps can be taken.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 20 August 2014

A really high standard of accommodation here with very friendly helpful staff and good facilties. It's a pity the rooms don't have more UK style power outlets but the cleanliness and facilities are very good. It's also a pity the restaurant which serves great food can't rid itself of the bad practice of charging a fee for service and leaving a place on the sales voucher for a gratuity...a really dishonest practice.Aside from these concerns, it is a good base for the West End and a perfect stopover in its location and quality if you want to take in a show.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank nomadsteve

Dear Normadsteve,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your on TripAdvisor related to your recent stay at The Waldorf Hilton London.

I am delighted to learn from your feedback that you were satisfied with our services and facilities. Please note that I have taken on board your comments about the power outlets as well as the service charges of the restaurant and please note that these will be discussed with the departmental heads.

Eline C.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

It's been over four years since I stayed here and I feel that things have gone a tad down hill! After waiting 20 mins for our booking we had a further wait of 30 minutes before a tea order. The rooms and hotel are quite nice and the ambience adequate. A harpist was present and that was pleasant too. The cakes and sandwiches were all good , although requests were completely ignored. The hotel is nice, tea selection and food was good but the service let this place down. Complete chaos as lack of staff obvious and staff rushing around to clearly set up a function next door. I would not return as there are much nicer places for Afternoon Tea.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Steph A,

Thank you for your review. It is always a concern to read when a valued guest has a disappointing visit at The Waldorf Hilton and we would like to apologise for the shortfall in expectations.

Please be assured that your overall experience in our Homage Restaurant is not representative of our usual standards of service and the areas highlighted for improvement have been shared with the team and immediate steps have been taken to ensure our food & beverage manager we will set up a new training plan to prevent this from happening again in the near future and I would like to thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Yours sincerely,