The Waldorf Hilton London
The Savoy(London)
  • Pool
Excellent 5/5
4,615 results
All reviewsthe executive loungecovent gardenafternoon teahomage restaurantthe theater districtdiamond membertheatre landwest endan upgradejunior suitetrafalgar squarestandard roomlovely roomfantastic locationstayed for one nightaldwychconcierge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 August 2014

Although I put a 5, it would really be a 4.5, but everyone was so nice, I will give the upward benefit. I need to put the disclaimer that we were staying on points and if we had paid, I may have felt differently. First, head concierge Daniel Firth is wonderful and helpful; I highly recommend you talk to him if you have questions. All of the bell staff were very nice and helpful.

There were a few drawbacks which I will list. 1st: when we checked in the Front Desk Supervisor did not mention anything about breakfast (times, location) and did not clarify that as a Gold HH member, we had complimentary breakfast (in Waldorf NYC we did not get complimentary breakfast so I could not assume it). We didn't know it was complimentary until we received an envelope the following morning detailing it, but it was already past when the restaurant closed. Thus, we missed breakfast and had to go spend 30 quid at Garfunkels :( 2nd - the King room had two twins pushed together. I know that is common in Europe, but I am not a fan. 3rd - the room was tiny. That said; it was cozy and comfortable and the bathroom had double vanities and plenty of room so we were fine. I also got free wifi as Gold HH which was great.

Continental breakfast was pretty good and as noted, we had it complimentary, however we did have to pay 6 pounds extra to upgrade my husband's meal so that he could get scrambled eggs. The first time we were here we had Executive Lounge access which was WONDERFUL and I was bummed we didn't get it again, but understand it was booked and we were there on points. The Welcome Back dessert was a lovely touch!

The location of this hotel cannot be beat and the staff is wonderful. It is also just generally fun to stay at The Waldorf! I like this one a LOT more than the one in NYC which was was totally disappointing.

Room Tip: If you can get anything on the Executive floor, take it! We were in 427 and as noted it was small but cozy and a nice sized-bathroom.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Alison P, General Manager at The Waldorf Hilton London, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Dear Beanz22,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share such a lovely review on TripAdvisor related to your recent stay at The Waldorf Hilton London.

I am delighted to learn from your feedback that you were satisfied with our services and facilities. I would also like to thank you for your comments in regards to the hotel staff as this goes a long way in motivating and encouraging our team members.

If I can be of assistance in near future, please do not hesitate to contact me.

I hope to meet you in person on the occasion of your next visit to the Waldorf Hilton.

Reviewed 30 August 2014

This just missed the mark slightly. Nothing dramatic - room was fine, but small. Remote control didn't work properly. Check out on Saturday morning should not have taken 15 minutes of queuing. Paying for Wi-fi is a bit of a pain too.

Dear MegaM39,

Thank you for your review. It is always a concern to read when a valued guest has a disappointing stay at The Waldorf Hilton and we would like to apologise for the shortfall in expectations.

Please be assured that your experience in regards to the check out procedure is not representative of our usual standards of service and your comments have been shared with the team and immediate steps have been taken. I'm sorry to learn of your disappointment with regards to not having a free Wireless connectivity in your room. Due to our Hilton Hhonors Loyalty program benefits. That aside, I'm happy to say that we do offer free WIFI in our public and lobby areas of our Hotel.

If you would like to discuss these matters in further detail, please do not hesitate to forward a copy of your review to Lonwa_Guestrelations@Hilton.com and you will be responded to direct.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 30 August 2014

Wife and I stayed at The Waldorf Hilton both pre- and post-cruise. The location was within walking distance of a number of West-End Theaters and we enjoyed three shows. The Concierge arranged tickets for our third show via e-mail as we were returning from our cruise and was very helpful. The hotel is an historic older building, thus our rooms were smaller than usual, but adequate for our 5 days of sightseeing. The bathrooms, however, were larger than most, and were well equipped. The staff were uniformly helpful and accommodating, especially regarding recommendations for nearby "neighborhood" dining and pubs.

1  Thank John_T_Florida

Dear Jong_T_Florida,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Waldorf Hilton during you recent visit to London.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor, your feedback is invaluable.

We were delighted to read your review and your comments about the hotels staff which goes a long way in motivating and encouraging the team. I also noticed you have seen 3 shows and I hope you had a lovely time.

I hope to have the opportunity to meet you in person on the occasion of your next visit.

Reviewed 29 August 2014

We had a wonderful weekend in London & it started with our checking in at the Waldorf. Our room was lovely & the service we got was excellent. The Waldorf is so central to everywhere also. Thorough recommend them.

1  Thank T D

Dear TD,

If I can be of assistance in near future, please do not hesitate to contact me.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Waldorf Hilton London.

Reviewed 28 August 2014

My expectations were sky high for my 2 night stay , sadly the truth is the Waldorf is trading of its name / history and not what this hotel delivers. The bedrooms are small and just boring I could have been in any average hotel room . The grandeur is confined to the dinning room , this room has the wow factor , I wanted this in ALL of the hotel . My stay was fine but I expected more , I am just pleased I stayed using my reward points and didn't pay full price. Booked a NON smoking ,Was given a smoking room on arrival , be warned these rooms stink , I had to move rooms . Not a good start . But the location of the hotel is excellent . Come on Hilton you need to do more to meet your guests expectations. (this is the WALDORF)

1  Thank Peter John M
Alison P, General Manager at The Waldorf Hilton London, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Dear Peter John M,

Thank you for your review. It is always a concern to read when a valued guest has a disappointing stay at The Waldorf Hilton and we would like to apologise for the shortfall in expectations especially in regards to the hotel bedrooms.

Please be assured that your overall experience is not representative of our usual standards of service and the areas highlighted for improvement have been shared with the team and immediate steps have been taken.

Yours sincerely,