“Very nice!”

Ranked #533 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Very nice!”
Reviewed 25 May 2011

Location location location!... Situated at the centre of London, next to the Piccadilly station, the hotel has a very efficient staff. They try to make you feel at home and comfortable. We had a smooth check in and a warm welcome by European standards. The rooms are wonderful though they did not have any view. Recommended.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
LEMERIDIENPICCADILLY, General Manager at Le Meridien Piccadilly, responded to this review, 3 June 2011
Dear Guest

Thank you for recommending Le Méridien Piccadilly and for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay.

We were elated to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us. It was marvellous to learn that we made you feel at home during your stay and I have shared your kind comments with all the associates as everyone works very hard to deliver Le Méridien Brand standard of service.

Again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again at Le Méridien Piccadilly soon.

Le Méridien Piccadilly

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (397)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 24 May 2011

As part of a weekend trip we stayed atthis hotel. An early check in was no problem, and we were profesional welcomed and checked in. We were told that we got an room upgrate which surprised us because we weren´t memebers of the loyalti programm.
The room turned out to be on the second floor with a window to the Restaurant. It seemed that the window was not really surposed to be there, because i was behind a wall, anyhow the last 40 cm on the top where open so that a little bit day light had the chance to lighten up the otherwise dark room. I´ve never stayed in a room like that before, and surely not in this price range. Two steps up above room levl was the The Barthroom,which was quiet old but otherwise was everthing in place where it should be. I did not care much about a "walk in wardrobe, but other surely do.
With every step th ancient floorboards gave a noise, so that you couldn´t sneak to the barthroom, or the minibar.
After all the room seemed to be one of those which you just sell at for the guests you hoped that they wouldn´t show up, or for the one you don´t care for.
The gym and spa area was very good, nice and clean, brand new.
The breakfast buffet was o.k. a good variaty of cerealls ald sliced fruit. A cooking station could have been nice so, that would have made the buffet a 5 star buffet.
The rest of the Hotel did its job o.k. and the most important was the bed and this was good.
I would not choose this Hotel again and rather choose a newer 4 star one, where the rooms are well fit and where you kind fidn the way around.
Every Hotel chaine gets one shoot at, Le Meridian missed that one, and won´t get an other one. But i think that the weekend tourist like us, are for then just to fill up the room during the weekend. Who cares about them anyway.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Dear Guest
Thank you for posting your TripAdivsor review following your recent stay at Le Méridien Piccadilly.

I was pleased to learn that on the whole you enjoyed your visit to London. Rooms in the Hotel may vary in size and shape as they do in most historic landmark hotels in Central London. However, on this occasion I am very sorry that we failed to allocate a room to your liking.

Rest assured that weekend tourists are extremely important to any hotel in Central London and most certainly to us. The variety of different room types makes our hotel, which opened its doors in 1908, so fascinating – I therefore was very sorry to read of your disappointment.

Once again please accept my apologies for not meeting your expectations during your stay. I sincerely hope that this experience will not deter you from choosing Le Méridien Piccadilly for your next visit to London. Please feel free to make your reservation directly through my office so we may assist you with the room allocation.

London
Reviewed 16 May 2011

As a treat for after the marathon, my friend & I decided to treat ourselves to a spa day. We were really disappointed as the massage was supposed to be 55 mins & I only had 45 mins. Had a word with the staff & they said they'd have a word with the manager( no one dealt with it) The jacuzzi was out of action...... The was pool cold & the relaxation room very impersonal. It was a shame that this was the case.
The lady staff member in the coocktail bar was very attentive & saved the day. I emailed the hotel to let them know our disappointment, but no response. Probably a large central London hotel doesn't feel the need to worry about this.....

Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank SMJLondon
Dear Customer

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your visit to the Health Club.

My sincere apologies that we failed to meet your expectations during your visit. Our customers are our utmost priority and we strive to ensure that every customer has very enjoyable time at the Hotel.

I have shared your comments with the Health Club Manager to ensure that our service is delivered in a professional manner.

I do hope that this experience will not deter your from choosing to use Le Méridien Piccadilly Health Club again. Please feel free to make your SPA appointment directly through my office so that I may assure you of my personal attention.

Oscar del Campo

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Bournemouth,
Reviewed 16 May 2011

We had the pleasure of staying at this hotel for one night on Sat 14th May 2011.

We had booked through last minute as a secret hotel and I think we got an amazing deal.

We arrived at approximately 11.30am so we were not expecting our rooms to be ready so we were pleasantly suprised to be told that they were.

After a smooth check in with the lovely Joanna we headed up stairs to freshen up and leave our bags, only to find our room was definitely not ready! That wasn't really a problem as we were early, so we popped back down to let them know and we were swiftly upgraded and given a complimentary bottle of wine for the inconvenience! First class customer service.

The bar area was lovely and the complimentary snacks were delicious too.

We didn't have breakfast included with our booking and at a price of £22.50 each we decided to grab breakfast out, which was a shame.

Every member of staff we spoke to was friendly, polite and very helpful. There always seemed to be lots of porters about who looked busy, not just standing around and the concierge was very helpful.

Our upgraded room was fantastic, massive bed, very comfy and a large bathroom too. Our friends who hadn't been upgraded were more than happy with their standard room aswell.

I am not a seasoned hotel visitor and certainly not to 5* hotels, unfortunately(!) so maybe my expectations are not as high as some but I honestly couldn't fault this hotel. Perfect location, brilliant staff, spotless ..... I could go on and on but I'll end by saying that the hotel made my birthday trip to London a very special experience. I hope one day we can return.

Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MrsBofBournemouth
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to post your kind comments on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Le Méridien Piccadilly.

It was wonderful to read that you enjoyed the Hotel’s facilities, in particular the snacks served in the Longitude 0°8' Bar, as well as your room upgrade, indeed most of our rooms are very spacious with a king bed.

It was marvellous to learn that you appreciated the level of service provided by our associates as they are an excellent asset to the Hotel. I have shared your kind words with all associates and especially with Joanna.

Thank you again for your favourable feedback and we very much look forward to seeing you again at Le Méridien Piccadilly.

Makati, Philippines
Reviewed 8 May 2011

We wanted our honeymoon to be special so we decided to stay at Le Meridien. My husband even used up his Starpoints to get free nights.

The location was great and it was convenient to catch a bus, walk to/from a metro station or just walk along the streets (Regent Street just behind the hotel).

We got a bit of special treatment too - a room upgrade and champagne from management. We were also able to use the pool and hot tub which were nice.

However the staff for some reason were quite unfriendly (except the bellboy whom we generously tipped). The biggest letdown was the concierge (seemed to be always away from his desk and when he was there, he wasn't particularly helpful - from directions to West End tickets - he didn't seem knowledgeable at all). I feel that it was more of a business hotel. Although I can't be too sure, I also feel that we could have felt more at home and maybe even received a just-as-if-not-more-special treatment in a hotel that's not part of a large chain like Starwood Hotels if we were to pay the same amount.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank daphiness
LEMERIDIENPICCADILLY, General Manager at Le Meridien Piccadilly, responded to this review, 16 May 2011
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to add your review on the TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Le Méridien Piccadilly.

I was pleased to learn that you had an enjoyable stay with us and appreciated the upgrade as well as the champagne amenities you received on this special occasion. It was great to read that you did have an opportunity to take advantage of our well appointed Health Club facilities. However, I am truly sorry that we failed to make you feel more at home and I can assure you that I will follow up on your comments with our Head Concierge.

Once again, thank you for posting your feedback and for choosing to stay with us on such a special occasion. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again to Le Méridien Piccadilly.

Pamplona
Reviewed 8 May 2011

Following a rather critical review last January, hotel management contacted me to suggest I stay at the hotel again. We all make mistakes so I thought I’d give it another try during a swing through London April 5-7, 2011, and I was very satisfied with the results. While my stay wasn’t perfect, it was certainly much better than my laughably bad experience a few months ago. Starting with the positives, the Meridien has an unbeatable location just a half block from bustling Piccadilly Square. It’s a bit like staying near Times Square in NYC. The hotel has one of the better gyms in London and a fantastic swimming pool, sauna, and jacuzzi. Check in was efficient, my room was clean and tidy, and the upgrade to a suite was much appreciated. I particularly liked the breakfast room – bright, good service, and an excellent selection. The bar staff were also friendly, efficient, and mixed very good drinks. What follows are some suggested improvements as I know the hotel routinely reads these reviews. First, while there was never any shortage of porters (up to 3 at a time by my count) yet again no one offered to help me with my bags. In fact I walked by a porter to check in, he glanced my way, and went back to chatting with a colleague. As a 5-star hotel, this has to change. The hotel should have automatic sliding doors at the entrance. Not only would this brighten a beautiful lobby, porters could see approaching guests, and it would alleviate the headache of waiting for a porter to open a heavy side door or push the too-narrow revolving doors. Second, I’d suggest having a full-time porter on station outside the hotel and encourage them to focus on guests rather than talk to each other as I saw almost every time I walked through the lobby. And finally, my room was beautiful but required at least 3 visits and 2 telephone calls to the in-house engineer to sort out the heating/AC system. This is a Victorian-era hotel with rather creaky heating/plumbing systems in need of an overhaul. Would I stay at Le Meridien again? Yes. The hotel needs to focus on bringing its front-line porterage staff and infrastructure up to the same high standards of its reception and restaurant staff but that didn’t take away from a very positive experience.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for posting your comments on TripAdvisor following your second visit to Le Méridien Piccadilly.

We were delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the service provided was to your satisfaction. Please accept my apologies for the shortcomings of our porters, rest assured that our Head Concierge will follow up on your comments.

The Le Meridien Piccadilly is a true landmark in Central London, it opened its doors in 1908. We have taken your comments very seriously and will continue to work on improving our services. Our A/C is being upgraded step by step, new chillers have been installed and should ensure a hassle free operation in future. With regards to the front entrance, although I agree with your observation regarding a sliding door, this might prove difficult as the hotel is a grade II listed building and the revolving door is an integral part of the exterior. We nevertheless will review our procedures with regards to our doorman, who should have been present at the front of the hotel – please accept my apologies if this was not the case on this occasion.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to give feedback directly to my P.A. on your departure and of course for giving us a second chance. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Tuktoyaktuk, Canada
Reviewed 6 May 2011

As noted by many on TA, the hotel is well located (100 yards from the circus and subway) but is a real oasis of calm in the relative cacophony of Picadilly. We stayed at the Le Meridien Piccadilly five nights on Starwood points in April 2011. Even though this stay cost us nothing we were treated as if we had paid the moon for the place. Amanda at the front desk provided a friendly and professional start to a wonderful stay.
She upgraded us to club level (as a platinum level Starwood member I am entitled but as I was not paying I did not expect it). The club lounge was one of the best we have encountered in our travels...clean, well stocked and with pleasant staff. Considering how busy London was for the Royal Wedding and how may people we saw in the lounge, it was rare to see an empty serving tray (and these were quickly refreshed).

The room was spacious with comfortable beds and two sets of windows looking onto quiet streets; the bathroom was small but well equipped with copious amounts of hot water. The room was kept exceptionally clean. A treat was left by the turn down service on Easter Sunday as we arrived back to Easter treats on the table and beds. As a platinum member high speed internet access was free and was fast.

The neatest part about this hotel was the focus on the arts....the elevator plays host to a soundscape art program that we would love to get a copy of as it was meditative (at times), energizing (at times) and really invited one up to the rooms.

There is a beautiful pool and well equipped exercise area to burn off the nibbles from the club lounge.

In the area is a Tesco's for a snack along with many good restaurants.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank nickannetteandem
LEMERIDIENPICCADILLY, General Manager at Le Meridien Piccadilly, responded to this review, 1 June 2011
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your favourable review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us at Le Méridien Piccadilly.

We were delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and found the hotel to be a perfect oasis of calm within the heart of London. It was great to learn that you appreciated the hotel’s facilities especially the Club Lounge and the services provided by our associates. I am pleased to advise you that I have shared your kind comments with all the associates, above all Amanda, as everyone works very hard to deliver Le Méridien Brand standard of service.

Le Méridien has created unique partnerships to provide guests with access to contemporary cultural centers around the world. Our partners here in London are Tate Britain and Tate Modern, where our guests can enjoy free access to both galleries including exclusive events. LM100 is a group of cultural innovators and artists who define and enrich the guest experience at Le Méridien. The group comprises a global array of visionaries, from painters to photographers, musicians to designers, chefs to architects. The lift music and sounds are created and developed by Henri Scars Struck, who is a member of LM100. You will find more information on his website.

Thank you once again for your positive feedback – we look forward to welcoming you back soon at Le Meridien Piccadilly.