“Beautiful Hotel Perfect Location London 11/ 2010”

Le Meridien Piccadilly
Ranked #504 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed 16 June 2012

Location: Perfect for the tube, taxi, and buses. Walking distance to a lot of places we wanted to see.

Rooms: We had 2 adjoining rooms on one of the top floors. It was like looking out over the rooftops of London. The beds were so comfortable, the bathrooms were very large and had great water pressure. The Rooms were large and had a cozy feel.

The Pool: Probably one of the best pools I have ever been to. It was like something out of a movie. We were traveling kids and when we do we always like to make sure there is a pool so we can burn off energy if we have been in museums all day. I find a pool also helps with jet lag. The location was so great we would go get coffee in the morning. Spend most of the day enjoying London, then back to the pool for a swim and then out to dinner. By the end of the day everyone was wiped out.

The restaurant in the hotel also was able to serve our large groups we had over for dinner,

Room Tip: Ask if you can see the room first. They were very helpful and allowed us to look at the rooms we w...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 2 July 2012

Dear AngusJames,

thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback on TripAdvisor following your stay at Le Méridien Piccadilly last November.

I was delighted to hear that you and your family enjoyed your time here with us and appreciated the generous rooms and particularly the comfortable beds - by the sound of it those beds were certainly needed after a day packed with activities and rounded off with a swim in what is indeed one of the largest hotel swimming pools in London.

I very much hope that you will make many more visits to London and to Le Méridien Piccadilly in the future and I look forward to welcoming you and your family back with us.

Oscar del Campo

Write a ReviewReviews (2,524)

Reviewed 14 June 2012

First let me say the location of this hotel is beyond perfect. It is less than a half of a block from the tube station, within walking distance of the British Museum, Trafalgar Square, and Leicester Square. I would have to say that the location outweighs any negative thing I am about to say which is why we stayed.

The moment we got the we stood in line with one person in front of us while another half dozen front desk employees just stared at us. Finally after about 5 minutes of standing there and feeling like I missed an important piece of information someone finally offer to help us. We had added another night to our stay through the travel agency, but they had booked it under an entirely new reservation. When I explained that, the man told us it was fine and that the morning of the start of the new reservation, we would just have to come down and reactivate our room access cards. When the day came for us to reactiviate them, we were told we needed some sort of proof of identification, since we weren't told that before, I had left my passport in the room safe which was locked and the access card didn't work. When I explained that to the woman, she just looked at me like it wasn't her job to problem solve the issue. So I was digging through my pack looking for anything with my name on it, and I think I finally came up with my Tower of London reservation or something, but again, the front desk staff made me feel like a complete idiot.

The hotel is old, so the floors creaked A LOT! Our floor, the room next to us's floor, the room above us's floor. Also the wall are pretty thin so we heard all the conversations of the guests next to us. I think I could have ignored most of this stuff if it wasn't for the complete lack of water pressure in our room. We were on the 5th floor, and I know other reviewers mentioned this too on the higher floors. I think an outhouse would have been a better situation than using a toliet that has no water pressure. Let say, my husband and I got to have the first of many akward conversations on our honeymoon.

The breakfast was good, I wish there had been more protein options without having to order the full English breakfast. On the weekends there is a lot of people on the streets and you can hear them, but it is Picadilly so it was expected.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
LEMERIDIENPICCADILLY, General Manager at Le Meridien Piccadilly, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2012

Dear Jessica K,

thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor following your stay at Le Méridien Piccadilly in December of last year.

I was of course very concerned to read of your experience with our Front Desk at check in and subsequently when asking for a new key. We generally get very positive comments about our associates as you can also see from other reviews posted here on TripAdvisor. Please accept my apologies for any shortcoming in service you experienced.

Six months have passed since your visit - I very much hope that you might give us another opportunity on your next visit to London to show you that we can do better. Feel free to reach out to me directly so that I may assist you with finding a suitable room that meets your expectations.

Thank you again for your honest feedback.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 10 June 2012

Stayed here in a deluxe room for 4 nights. Check-in process was smooth and staff friendly amd courteous. The room was very spacious and clean. The bathroom was quite large and despite the room being right across from the lifts, it was still fairly quiet. The bed was comfortable and room cooling perfect.

The gym is well equipped and the largest I've seen in a hotel. The location of the hotel is perfect for getting to all the main tourist attractions and the picadilly line is just round the corner. I think this hotel is good value for money and would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank VeeJayL

Dear VeeJayl,

thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback on TripAdvisor following you recent stay at Le Méridien Piccadilly.

Reading that our associates are friendly and courteous is always the most rewarding part of any review on TripAdvisor and certainly a big motivation for the entire team.

Our newly refurbished rooms do indeed boast the very comfortable Le Méridien beds, and as part of the refurbishment the hotel was also equipped with brand new lifts that whisk you quietly from floor to floor.

Thank you again for your encouraging review - we very much look forward to welcoming you back at Le Méridien Piccadilly in the future.

Reviewed 6 June 2012 via mobile

Enjoyed a four night break here for the jubilee holiday! Opted for a club room which was very spacious, bathroom on the small size but clean and well stocked. Club breakfast was adequate if you like a continental diet. Evening drinks and canapés also very good! Staff were exceptional, friendly and courteous from check-in to check-out!!! Only negative was getting confused in the lift system going up and down to different floors but prob my own fault as got into wrong lift without the club mezzanine floor stop!!! Location was excellent for most of Lindons attractions! The added bonus was seeing Prince Charles and his missus at the jubilee street party right on the hotel doorstep!!! Would I stay again?

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Medicma3

Dear PrincessAida,

thank you for posting your favourable feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Le Méridien Piccadilly.

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your time here with us - the location is indeed unbeatable, but more importantly our associates made you feel welcome throughout your stay.

Our Club Rooms do indeed offer excellent value, with access to the Club Lounge where Contintental Breakfast as well as snacks and drinks are served throughout the day. If however you do prefer a Full English Breakfast there is of course always our Terrace restaurant offering a sumptuous buffet in the mornings.

I very much hope that you will choose Le Méridien Piccadilly again for your next visit to London - we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 5 June 2012 via mobile

After reading the reviews of this hotel at TA I was a little worried but THANKS GOD I CHOOSE IT for my stay in London. Room number 806, with view ro the London Eye and a champagne bottle
as welcome! Make sure you ask for CLUB ROOM, with particular priviledges like private breakfast room and swimming pool. King size bed, sooo confortable that we had difficult to wake up lol.
Top location, I am sure the best in London, you can simply go to the main attractions walking or get a subway ( tube ) which is like 50m of the Hotel. Perfect in a word.
SPECIAL THANKS TO WAGNER SILVA ( reservation) and to Van der Meer ( front desk) who helped me a LOT with everything I needed.

2  Thank GuiMilani
LEMERIDIENPICCADILLY, General Manager at Le Meridien Piccadilly, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2012

Dear GuiMilani,

thank you for posting your positive feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Le Méridien Piccadilly.

It is always a pleasure to read of a positive stay, but I am again particularly proud to see that two of our associates were able to deliver outstanding service. I will forward your comments to Bastiaan and Wagner, I am sure they will appreciate you taking the time to mention their contribution to your stay with us.

I hope to be able to welcome you back to Le Méridien Piccadilly on your next visit to London.

Reviewed 4 June 2012

We stayed for 5 nights on this visit to London.
The hotel has some fine attributes, including very friendly lobby service.
However what made it fr us was Bastieen who works t the front desk.
His thoughtful caring service was a joy and he should be commended and prompted - he epitomizes what service means.

Room Tip: The Club Level, once priced within 75 pounds of a regular room is a good investment.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Dlopes,

It was good to see that you enjoyed your experience here at the hotel, and I was particularly pleased to read your comments about Bastiaan which I have shared with him. Very motivating and it truly shows that each and every associate can make a difference.

Thank you again for your kind words. I very much hope that you will make many more visits to London and to Le Méridien Piccadilly.

Reviewed 3 June 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights at the end of May 2012. The hotel staff were brilliant - they only had a twin room ready when we arrived but we said we wanted 1 bed not 2 and got upgraded to a bigger room without quibble. The room was clean, relaxing, quiet and we could not have asked to be in a better place to walk around London. What a City. So much to see and do and the hotel was in the very best place possible. Definately recommend and would return without hesitation.

Room Tip: Our room was facing Regent Street - There were roadworks, but with earplugs we didn't hear a thi...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Gravnilles,

thank you for sharing your positive feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Le Méridien Piccadilly.

Our associates are a great asset to our hotel and I am delighted to read that they were able to assist you with your request on check in.

London is a wonderful city with a huge array of things to do and see - and Le Méridien Piccadilly happens to be right in the centre of it all. A few metres more to the East and famous Eros on Piccadilly Circus could literally shoot his arrow through our front door.

I am also happy to be able to tell you that the streetworks on Regent Street have been completed and everything is ready for the Olympic Games 2012.

I very much hope to be able to welcome you again at Le Méridien Piccadilly on your next trip to London.