Le Meridien Piccadilly
US$189
galahotels.com
US$203
2,612 results
All reviewsthe club loungeregent streetcan't beat the locationwest endsteam roomafternoon teaexcellent locationupgraded roombuckingham palacegreen parkcentral locationlarge roomtube stopcovent gardenlondon hotellondon eyehyde park
Reviewed 13 July 2012

asked for dinner reservation, No Name of restaurant on address. Asked for a newspaper, as a Gold and was asked to hand over $3.

Asked for the gym and was told tough luck not open until the middle of the morning and a work out before work is out of the question.

Room Tip: only stay if cheap. not a five star hotel but a three star pretending to be.
1  Thank woodskier
LEMERIDIENPICCADILLY, General Manager at Le Meridien Piccadilly, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2012

Dear Woodskier,

thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Le Méridien Piccadilly.

I am very sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your experience. Unfortunately your comments do not provide enough detail to investigate the points you have raised further, please feel free to contact me directly to discuss.

Our Health Club opens its doors at 6.30 am every morning which has so far been well received by our guests. Please accept my apologies if the opening time did not meet your expectations.

The hotel provides a free daily newspaper of choice for SPG Gold members. There would only be a charge if multiple newspapers were requested. I am very sorry if you were misinformed and a charge was added to your bill - please feel free to contact me so I can arrange an immediate refund.

I look forward to your call in order to be able to review the issues raised with you personally and I hope that we will be able to correct any possible misunderstandings that might have caused you inconvenience.

Geneal Manager

Reviewed 11 July 2012

I booked a room on a last minute discounted rate so my stay was fabulous value. The room was adequate in size and at the back of the building so very quiet although you could look right into the office building behind it and presumably the same applied vice versa although net curtains were supplied. It was as far away from the lift as you could get so no passing noisy people so perfect.

The furnishings and bathroom were a little old fashioned but the bed linen and red armchairs made up for that so the overall impression on the room was good. I particularly liked the black and white prints of London above the bed. I was a bit skeptical about the shower over the bath but actually, it was a great shower with lots of power. The toiletries were of good quality.

The main entrance to the hotel is small and not very imposing. On arrival there were two people being served at the desk by two staff members with something complicated and I waited for what seemed an eternity with not so much as an acknowledgement by the staff behind the desk that they had seen me. I was greatly relieved when a friendly lady from a different desk in the corner rescued me and checked me in. I don't feel that one should have to wait 10 minutes to check in at a 5* hotel. I was not told that you had to insert your room card to activate the lift (hadn't come across this before) when I checked in but another guest explained it to me when I had failed to make the lift go up!

It's a shame that wifi costs 50p per minute. That seems rather steep!

Everything else was fine and the downstairs bar is particularly impressive. The service was friendly and efficient and we enjoyed the nibbles with our drinks. It is a good place to meet people.

Checkout did not entail as much of a wait as there were more people behind the desk and that went smoothly.

The best thing about this hotel is of course its location in the heart of the West End with everything on your doorstep and within easy walking distance. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others but with the proviso that it is not as luxurious as one would expect from a 5* hotel in the centre of London. As long as you don't go there with overly high expectations it is a good experience.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quiet but overlooked.
1  Thank ehzoyzdcr
LEMERIDIENPICCADILLY, General Manager at Le Meridien Piccadilly, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2012

Dear Ehzoyzdr,

thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Le Méridien Piccadilly.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the location of our hotel as well as the size and comfort of your room. Please accept my apologies for having to wait such a long time at check in, this is not usually the case and you should have of course been acknowledged much earlier. The staff should have also informed you about our safety device in our lifts - this enables only registered hotel guests to access the guest room floors.

Our Longitude Bar is indeed a lively and friendly place, well known in London for the excellent Cocktails served by our Bar Manager and Mixologist and his team, I am delighted to hear that you had a good time when you visited.

I very much hope to be able to welcome you back to Le Méridien Piccadilly on your next trip to London. Thank you again for posting your review.

Reviewed 9 July 2012 via mobile

The room at the 8th floor looking at Picadilly Str was a great dissapointment. It was small, we could hear the water running at other rooms's barhrooms, we could see under the door the lights on the hall , could hear other customers talking on their way to their rooms. The water on barhroom ' s taps not enough.We slept for one night and informed the reception that we were not satisfied by the room. The alternatives offered were as bad.Although we are Spg gold members we left for another hotel.The spot is great but the hotel should be renovated immediately.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank lidi A

Dear Lidi A,

thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Le Méridien Piccadilly.

I was of course very concerned to read about the extent of your disappointment. All our rooms have undergone a soft refurbishment over the past two years, I am very sorry that we were unable to find a room that met your expectations during your stay.

I sincerely hope that you will consider contacting me directly for your next trip to London - we would certainly do our best to hopefully regain your trust and I would be delighted to assist you with your room allocation.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 8 July 2012

I have just arrived back in Australia from a month long European Vacation with my wife. We are Amex Platinum members and paid for a single night accommodation at the end of our holiday by Amex.
We were allocated room 227, which we believe must be a converted store cupboard with a window onto the lift shaft but incapable of being opened. Therefore the air con had to be on at all times when it was only 16 c outside, no fresh air, and the aircon was very loud, complaints were answered by very very busy. Both my wife and I were also suffering from the flu so needed to spend the time in the room not sight seeing.
We paid full rack rate well over 500 AUD and instead of a possible Amex upgrade we consider we were downgraded to the converted store room. Beware room 227 your complaints will fall on deaf ears if they are busy, well what can they do once the hotel is full. Absolutely disgraceful.
The rest of the hotel was more than adequate. Busy writing to Harvey World Travel and American Express but after the horse has bolted. Be warned, I believe there must be other similar rooms on each floor facing the lift shaft.

Room Tip: Ask to check the room prior to moving bags in due to reports of some rooms being inferior to that paid for.
Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John L
Management response:Responded 12 July 2012

Dear John L,

thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor following you recent stay at Le Méridien Piccadilly.

I was very sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the room allocated. Room sizes and layout vary throughout the hotel depending on the type and category of room booked. Please accept my apologies if you found the room to be unsatisfactory - I can assure you though that we did not downgrade your room category.

The windows in all our rooms can be opened slightly however not fully for safety reasons. This is also the case in room 227. None of our bedrooms face a lift shaft, but we do have rooms facing the street as well as rooms facing the interior light well. Whilst the rooms facing the street offer a view, rooms on the inside are generally quieter.

I very much hope that your experience will not deter you from choosing Le Méridien Piccadilly for your next trip to London. Please feel free to contact me directly for your next reservation so that I may assist you with your room allocation.

Reviewed 7 July 2012

The location of the hotel is excellent. There's tons of stuff nearby. It's also almost right on top of the Piccadilly tube station. I had to bounce hotels on this trip and Le Meridien had easily the best service. The lobby was nice and modern but the rooms are still old. There's nothing wrong with the rooms, just don't expect a new modern renovation.

Management response:Responded 12 July 2012

Dear Plu1995,

thank you for taking the time to post your positive feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Le Méridien Piccadilly.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the excellent service offered by our team and that you took full advantage of our location right in the heart of London.

Le Méridien Piccadilly first opened its doors in 1908 and since then it has become one of the iconic landmarks in and around Piccadilly. During our recent soft refurbishment of all our rooms and public areas our designers tried to add a contemporary feel whilst preserving the historic substance of the building. Old and nice are thus not necessarily a contradiction but often combine to make for a pleasant experience.

I sincerely hope that you will choose Le Méridien Piccadilly again on your next visit to London - we would love to welcome you back very soon. Thank you again for your encouraging review.

Kind regards,