“Best Location and Great Staff!”

Le Meridien Piccadilly
Ranked #506 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 19 August 2012

We were here throughout the Olympic Games and a week beyond, and I can't imagine staying anywhere else when we're in London again. We had stayed here rwo years ago, and when we knew we'd be coming for the Olympics, we got busy booking the number of days we needed.

This is a hotel in a grand, old, historic building in the center of one of the busiest spots in London - Piccadilly Circus - so the roons reflect that reality. What you get is a comfortably furnished and well kept, spotlessly clean room. The housekeeping staff is second to none - prompt, efficient, genuinely friendly. Turndown service was offered to us each evening. The rooms may or may not have a view of consequence (ours didn't). The fact is, the view is not why you stay here. This hotel has the best location in the city: the Piccadilly tube station (connecting with four major stations) is a hundred yards from the front door (it also can take you directly to and from Heathrow). You are adjacent to the theater district, Regent Street shopping is around the corner, Buckingham Palace is about a ten to fifteen minute walk, Trafalgar Square is a five minute walk, and Westminster is not too far.

The Club Lounge is wonderful - offering a gererous selection of items at breakfast, fresh scones (with clotted cream) and other sweet treats at teatime, and various (and changing) appetizers, wine and spirits in the early evening. Coffee (excellent), tea, soft drinks and bottled water are always available. The Club's location overlooks the main reception floor of the hotel and so it "participates" in the life of the hotel. The staff of the Club are really wonderful. We often visited with them, and they always had a smile, were interested in us and did what they could to make our experience there the best it could be. Special mention must go to Margueth, Laura, Alessandra and Andrea --friendliness and service "above and beyond"!

The staff at reception were very professional, and friendly. Kerstin handled a rather complicated reservation with aplomb and a wonderful smile -- also arranging special occasions for us. The Duty Manager, David, was proactive - if he saw you standing in the lobby, he came to you to ask if he could help with anything - taking you to his desk to work for you.

We felt secure here. There were always well dressed staff in the lobby who clearly were there to watch what was happening. The doormen also provided a level of security.

Last but certainly not least is the Terrace restaurant. Our advice is this: if you stay in this hotel eat at the Terrace for dinner - at least once. You will have one of the best meals you've ever eaten (especially the beef!). It is now our favorite restaurant in London.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
LEMERIDIENPICCADILLY, General Manager at Le Meridien Piccadilly, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2012

Dear JKinLouisville,

thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Le Méridien Piccadilly.

I have taken the liberty to share your review with the entire team here at the hotel - our associates are the heart and soul of Le Méridien Piccadilly and I know that they will be greatly motivated by your comments.

Thank you also for your review of our Terrace Grill & Bar. We relaunched the restaurant only a few months ago, sourcing all our beef locally and I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the food on offer.

We are all looking forward to welcoming you back to Le Méridien Piccadilly on your next trip to London. Thank you again for your great feedback and your kind words.

Oscar del Campo

Write a ReviewReviews (2,526)

Reviewed 19 August 2012

All the staff were very attentive and helpful, the rooms were really comfortable we had the best nights sleep it was in a really super location central to everywhere we needed to be, and the Gym was fantastic, I would recommend to everyone

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Dear Dianne W,

thank your for taking the time to share your positive feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Le Méridien Piccadilly.

It was particularly rewarding to see that we managed to excel in the two most important areas for a hotel - having helpful and attentive associates and providing you with a good night's sleep.

Many thanks for recommending us and for your kind words. I sincerely hope that we will be able to welcome you back to Le Méridien Piccadilly on your next visit to London.

Reviewed 18 August 2012

The best thing about the Meridien in Piccadilly is the fact that it's right in the centre of London only minutes from theatres, shops and loads of restaurants. The worst thing is that because Regent Street is on one side and Piccadilly is on the other it's very noisy. Our bedroom had Double glazed windows but done a long time ago and very inefficient. Hearing buses at 6.30 am is a bit annoying. The air con made a rumbling/clattering noise and we couldnt keep it on overnight on the hottest day of the year (18th Aug). That all makes us sound as if we expect a London hotel to be out in the quiet countryside, we don't ! On the plus side the staff were good,it has a nice bar and the breakfast buffet is excellent. Disappointing room size for £300plus VAT

Room Tip: We swapped rooms as 209 has no windows. 340 looks out over Regent Street but is quite small for an E...

Dear Ollie1952,

thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Le Méridien Piccadilly.

I am glad to see that you found the location of our hotel to be ideal - it is indeed the perfect place from which to explore London's most interesting sights and most of it on foot.

As you quite rightly point out the hotel is almost right on Piccadilly Circus, with one side facing Piccadilly and the other Regent Street. Although our rooms have soundproof windows, being in the centre of such a large metropolis does make it difficult to be totally isolated from outside nosie. Some of the noise though might also be down to our slightly antique London buses - as beautiful as they are they are not exactly equipped with purring smooth engines.

Please accept my apologies for the problems you experienced with the air conditioning. Unfortunately I cannot establish whether you reported this issue during your stay, but I hope that if you did we managed to rectify the problem.

I was delighted to read that you appreciated the service delivered by our associates as well as our extensive breakfast offering and our Longitude bar.

I hope that we will be able to welcome you back at Le Méridien Piccadilly in the future. Please do reach out to me prior to making your reservation so that I may assist you with your room choice - I am sure we can improve your first impression if we get a second chance.

Reviewed 16 August 2012

We recently spent 5 days at the LeMeriden hotel in Picadilly Circus. Large rooms and very clean. Great buffet breakfast. Walking distance to many areas. Safe area with a lot to do. We walked to covent Gardens, Trvalgar Square, National musuem. close to the tube as well.

Room Tip: Get on in the back of building. Very quite.
1  Thank Ray D

Dear Ray D,

Receiving this kind of feedback is always hugely encouraging and motivating. I hope that you will make many more visits to Le Méridien Piccadilly in the future - thank you again for your kind words.

Best regards from London,

Reviewed 15 August 2012

I admit that I was overjoyed to get a room in such a centrally located hotel during the Olympics. The room was on the ninth floor, reminiscent of where the servants were lodged before elevators were invented. The room was fine, nothing exceptional. We had an excellent view of the roof. Overall the hotel was just very ordinary. The staff was polite but we didn't have much interaction with them. The best part about the hotel is the location. Very close to many attractions and the theatre district. I wouldn't go out of my way to stay here again but I really can't single out anything really bad about the hotel.

Room Tip: I would have taken a cab or the Picadilly Express but the tube goes directly from the airport and th...
1  Thank JohnLosAngeles_CA

Dear JohnLosAngeles,

thank you for taking the time to post your review following your recent stay at Le Méridien Piccadilly.

I was happy to see that you enjoyed your stay overall - not being able to single out anything bad about the hotel I guess is at least some type of achievement, but I am very sorry that we did not manage to provide you with a more memorable experience.

Please accept my apologies if you felt that we were unable to meet your expectations on this occasion. I would however very much hope that the experience will not deter you from giving us another chance on your next visit to London. Please do make your next booking directly through my office so that I may assure you of my personal attention.

Reviewed 14 August 2012

Two night business stay. This hotel appears to be pretty well run and I had good interactions with the hotel staff who seemed competent but not overly engaging. I had a very small room with very old furniture with exceptionally uneven creaky floor boards under the carpet that felt like they would pop through the carpet at any moment. Bathroom was clean but again very old fixtures. It was an OK stay because all I did was sleep here and I receieved a good rate through Hotwire. Next time I will pay up and get a decent room at a better hotel in Mayfair.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Longreach06830
LEMERIDIENPICCADILLY, General Manager at Le Meridien Piccadilly, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2012

Dear Longreach06830,

thank you for posting your feedback on TripAdvisor following your stay at Le Méridien Piccadilly back in May.

I am delighted to see that you found our associates to be competent and our hotel to be well run. I am sorry however if you were left with the impression that staff could have been more engaging, I can assure you that they work very hard to create a memorable experience for all our guests.

Le Méridien Piccadilly was opened back in 1908 and has been a landmark in Central London for over a century. Over the past 2 years the hotel has undergone extensive work and our design team has tried to mantain the historic architectural features wherever possible whilst adding a more contemporary touch. I am very sorry to hear that were unable to meet your expectations on this occasion.

I very much hope that you will give us another chance on your next visit to London. Please do make your next reservation directly through my office so that I may assure you of my personal attention.

Reviewed 10 August 2012

We had five nights booked here but decided to stay another night. We had to switch rooms on the last night which was fine as we decided last minute. The first room we had was great, nice and spacious, very clean, the floors were very creaky, I felt sorry for the people below us every time I walked around. The second room we had was nice too but the noise first thing in the morning was absolutely ridiculous. I've never heard so much banging in my life. It was almost as if someone was deliberately trying to make as much noise as they could. Even with ear plugs I could not sleep in. That was one of the only negatives. The other negative is that some of the staff came across a bit rude to us, but certain other staff members were very helpful. Everything else was great. The gym was great and the pool and spa area is amazing!! The best thing about this hotel though is the location. It's right in the middle of everything. The breakfast was nice but way too expensive considering there are so many nice places to get breakfast nearby. We only had breakfast there the first day then went elsewhere. We'd stay here again but wouldn't want a noisy room!

2  Thank Jess P

Dear Jess P,

thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay here at Le Méridien Piccadilly.

I was glad to read that you liked both the rooms you stayed in and that you enjoyed your time with us. I am sorry to hear though that some of our associates did not live up to your expectations, please accpet my apologies for any inconvenience experienced.

I am unable to establish what room you were in when you felt disturbed by noise. I can only imagine that there might have been some noise from an adjacent building or from outside - the only work that was going on at the beginning of August to our knowledge was some refurbishment in a restaurant located in an adjacent building, but we had no other noise complaints during the entire month. Please do contact me directly in order to establish the possible source of the noise and allow us a more thorough investigation.

Thank you again for your positive feedback, and I am delighted to hear that you would choose Le Méridien Piccadilly for your next visit to London. Please make your next reservations directly through me so that I may assist you with your room allocation.