“Long stay in London”

Ranked #531 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Frisco, Texas
“Long stay in London”
Reviewed 11 November 2012

I was here in late October for two weeks. Overall, I recommend the hotel. It is pricey but no more so than any other good quality hotel in this part of London.

I was here for business, but being next to Picadilly Circus, you cannot help but notice all the tourists. If you are looking for shopping, Oxford Circus is nearby. For theatre-goers, many theaters are nearby. All in all, the location is fantastic.

I was given a room with two single beds since I wanted to check-in early. It was on street-side (Regent Street) and had a little bit of a view. The room was not tiny nor was it large. It was clean and the bathroom was clean and good. Given other London rooms I've experienced, the size of the room was very good.

Front desk service was good though they could get busy at times. The hotel has a GREAT fitness area and indoor swimming pool. If you need to work-out while on the road, this hotel is one of the best-appointed that I've seen, and the indoor pool was so relaxing and big enough to do swimming exercises.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Maur75
LEMERIDIENPICCADILLY, General Manager at Le Meridien Piccadilly, responded to this review, 16 November 2012
Dear Maur75,

thank you for taking the time to post your positive feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Le Méridien Piccadilly.

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed the facilities and the room of the hotel - the Health Club is indeed very special featuring one of the largest hotel indoor swimming pools in London.

Thank you again for your positive comments. We hope to be able to welcome you back here at Le Méridien Piccadilly on your next visit to London.

Best regards,

Oscar del Campo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (397)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 November 2012

I love this hotel and the service especially in the club lounge. The staff are atentive and friendly. Alexesia in the club Lounge is the best host ever!! she is always smiling and gracioius!!
Will certainly come back

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
LEMERIDIENPICCADILLY, General Manager at Le Meridien Piccadilly, responded to this review, 15 November 2012
Dear Andrew S,

thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay at Le Méridien Piccadilly.

I have shared your positive and encouraging comments with the team - we are all delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Very central location but very tired and dated hotel. Think Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen circa 1996 in Changing Rooms. Certainly not a 5 star hotel. You are basically paying to be on Piccadilly Circus. Staff were polite but the reception was small and quite busy. Did not try the restaurant at the hotel so cannot comment. Seems silly to eat in the hotel when Mayfair/Soho has so many options to choose from.

The room (220) was small and odd.The bed and linen was excellent but that was the only thing. The room was clean but the bathroom was dirty. I took photos of the dirty curtains so please take a look. The street is busy and loud, double glazing did not help much. I had brought earplugs so I slept pretty well.

I must admit that I agree with Simon W's review that this was not cheap nor cheerful. A bit dreary to be honest. The decor did not help. There are so many other nice hotels in this price category in London that will offer so much more such as the The Athenaeum and The Academy to name a couple. I cannot believe I was fooled into staying at the Le Meridien. I learned my lesson - never again!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank TGeir
Dear TGeir,

thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Le Méridien Piccadilly.

Please accept my apologies for the shortcomings you encountered during your stay - we have addressed the issue of the bathroom window with our Housekeeping team in order to avoid a recurrence in future.

All our rooms have double glazing but the hotel is of course located right on Piccadilly and on Regent Street, two of the busiest streets in Central London. I am very sorry to hear that you were disturbed.

Thank you again for your valuable feedback - should you change your mind and consider giving us a second chance, please do contact me directly so that I may assist you with your reservation.

Oscar del Campo

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Booked last minute, read reviews and though mixed feelings, me and my wife got there and it just got better and better.... We were treated so good, the room was great, all you could expect from an old building made to look new in places, the staff were so good, bar was nice... Proper 5star in my book.
We would stay there again for sure, again every review is different, all depends on your expectations before you get to locations.
Well done le meridien and staff
Mr Mrs B

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
LEMERIDIENPICCADILLY, General Manager at Le Meridien Piccadilly, responded to this review, 13 November 2012
Dear Paulnjackie,

thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Le Méridien Piccadilly.

A hotel stay is indeed a highly subjective experience, and our associates work hard every day to deliver excellent service and meet guest's expectations. Thank you for your encouraging feedback, I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your time with us.

I hope we will be able to welcome you back very soon here at Le Méridien Piccadilly.

W.Sussex
Reviewed 2 November 2012

I stayed at the hotel for 2 nights with my wife and two children during the October half term holiday. The total cost of our family room (with an early booking discount) came to £493.66. To have breakfast would have cost us an additional £108 per day.

The hotel staff were all very professional and polite. Although the hotel location is excellently situated for many of the local attractions the room we were assigned was old and shabby. Early impressions were not brilliant when we were met by a loud howling wind blowing through the rotting exterior window. I attempted to secure the window shut which meant sliding the internal glazing to one side. This glass fell out of the runner, fortunately I caught it and placed against the wall. The matter was resolved quickly by maintenance, however the noise continued for sometime. I was informed the hotel was a listed building and there was little that could be done about the condition of the windows. Brilliant!

Although I am fully aware the hotel is located in an historic building, the floor boards were rediculously loud in our room resulting in everyone be woken up in the middle of the night if someone had to use the bathroom. The bathroom itself was cold with no heating and yet another noisy insecure window. Unfortunately there was no secondary glazing in ths room. The final nice touch was mould on the ceiling.

We did not sample the facilities the hotel had to offer due to our busy schedule, with the exception of the bar located on floor 2. My wife an I were the only guests present on the upper tier. Again the service was good, but £48 for two Martini's and a Double Tia Maria and coke I felt was slightly excessive.

My family and I generally stay in 5 star accommodation when we travel around the world and have enjoyed many happy experiences, unfortunately this particular hotel is in desperate need of a major refurbishment (not just a soft refurbishment). Sadly we will not be returning.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Dear Jabawokee,

thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Le Méridien Piccadilly.

First and foremost I would like to apologize for the various maintenance issues you encountered in your room. This is certainly not indicative of the overall standard we strive to achieve.

Please feel free to get in touch with me directly to discuss your experience, we will hopefully be able to restore your faith in our hotel.

Reviewed 2 November 2012

Don't be deceived by the funky lobby and check in area. This is an old, tired hotel, albeit one in a great central location. Poor quality rooms with noise from the street up to floor 5 and from the corridors. Some of the staff work hard and well, but i wont stay again.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank Simon W
Dear Simon W,

I was very pleased to read that you appreciated the excellent service level provided by our associates but naturally disappointed that you did not like the hotel.

Le Méridien Piccadilly was opened in 1908 and has been a landmark here in Piccadilly ever since. We continously strive to maintain and improve our facilities, and as such all our public areas as well as all our bedrooms undergo regular updates. We completed a two-year soft refurbishment in spring last year, I am very sorry to hear that we were unable to meet your expectations.

I nevertheless hope that you might consider giving us another chance, maybe we can change your opinion and convert you into a Le Méridien loyalist after all. Please do make your next reservation directly through my office so that I may be of assistance with your room choice.

Best regards,

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 27 October 2012

On my recent trip to London, i've stayed at all 3 SPG hotels in piccadilly, by far i would have to say this one excelled! The staff are amazingly nice and the rooms were well maintained and very spacious! The bed is amazing!!!! i'm pretty sure the king bed could fit all 4 adults in it! Definitely my hotel choice if i am ever back in London!

Room Tip: try not to get a room facing the street, it can be a little noisy, if an ambulance drives by!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
LEMERIDIENPICCADILLY, General Manager at Le Meridien Piccadilly, responded to this review, 2 November 2012
Dear Shirlz99,

thank you for posting your positive review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Le Méridien Piccadilly.

It is always very rewarding to read that guests enjoy our hotel, the rooms and other facilities, but the most encouraging part is positive feedback about our associates. Thank you for your kind words which I know will be very motivating for the entire team.

I am delighted to see that we will be your hotel of choice should your travels take you back to London and I look forward to welcoming you back here at Le Méridien Piccadilly.