2,693 results
All reviewsthe club loungeregent streetcan't beat the locationwest endsteam roomafternoon teaexcellent locationupgraded roomgreen parkbuckingham palacecentral locationlarge roomtube stopcovent gardenlondon hotelhyde parklondon eye
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I got this hotel as a last minute deal and paid a little more than I usually would because it was for a special occasion. The hotel is billed as a 5* but I would say overall it's no better than some of the decent 4* hotels in London.

The location of this hotel is brilliant, especially if you are a tourist - it's literally a minute's walk from Piccadilly Circus, Oxford St, Regent St etc.

The room was very nice, clean, spacious with nice extras like bottles of water, biscuits, good toiletries, bathrobes and slippers. We had a room on the 5th floor and it was nice and quiet (aside from an extremely loud man next door who I could hear talking through the joining door, but I think he was especially loud!).

We ate in the terrace restaurant which was lovely and the food and atmosphere was very good. It was a bit pricey, but probably as expected for central London.

The staff were friendly enough, when checking out there was quite a queue so another member of staff opened another desk for us. The concierge were helpful.

Although I can't really fault this hotel, I don't think I'd pay this price again when you can get a good 4* for a third of the price elsewhere (some which are actually nicer than this one). I feel like this is a kind of 5* hotel, but not quite, although equally we had a really nice stay so I can't fault the actual experience!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
LEMERIDIENPICCADILLY, General Manager at Le Meridien Piccadilly, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2013

Dear cathw66

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor following your stay with us at Le Meridien Piccadilly.

I was pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you appreciated the hotels’ facilities, in particular to highlight the spacious rooms and the Restaurant. We are proud of our Terrace Grill & Bar with its glass top roof and excellent cuisine in bright and stylish surroundings overlooking Historial Piccadilly.

It was certainly encouraging to learn that that you appreciated the friendly and helpful service provided by our associates as they are a great asset to the Hotel. I have shared your kind words with the entire team.

Thank you again for your feedback and choosing to stay with us. We look forward to welcome you again to Le Meridien Piccadilly on your future trips to London.

Hotel Manger

Reviewed 31 July 2013

I booked a room w/ 2 queen beds for my family of four at the end of our 3 week vacation. We travelled with quite a bit of luggage, so I was very pleased that the small room I was anticipating (300sqr feet) was much larger (about 500 sqr feet).

We checked in one late afternoon, only to be told by the front desk that our room was still being serviced. Despite booking a club level room, the front desk did not suggest that we cool our travel-weary heels in the club lounge, until I asked for access to the club while we waited. We were soon shown to our very nice (and large) room. Bell staff were excellent, deliverying the luggage quickly.

The concierge should get and read "Concierge for dummies," as they seem not to know why they exist. Prior to arrival, I asked for them to book a few restaurants, only to be told that the restaurants could not be booked and were full. I easily booked the restaurants myself online w/ opentable.com or email. Most of my simple questions about London could not be answered - it amazes me that I had less trouble communicating (in English) in Greece than London.

We had many problems with our wifi access, and the club lounge computer is primitive. I could not print two sets of tickets in the club- and it took much convincing to get the front desk to print the tickets for me.

My biggest beef with service was that we had no explanation of the hotel amenities - pool and club (hrs, food services, etc). The front desk should have at least told us the club hours for different services (breakfast, snacks, tea, drinks) rather than having to guess or ask the club personell. On this topic, the club personel seemed to have gigantic chips on their shoulder- I am not sure why they entered the hospitality industry when they always seemed to be angry and bothered by every question and request. Overall, the club receives a C or D grade based on terrible service. The food selection was fair, but contrary to others writing about a constant supply of food, when we visited, the plates were often empty for over 15 minutes.

The pool is dark and fairly dreary with very little room on the sides for chairs. Our children, who generally love pools, did not ask to visit again after we spent 1/2 hour there one day.

So, my very good rating is really based upon the location of the hotel and the physical property. The front desk personel and club need lessons in service and how to smile, and the concierge should learn something about the city and its many splendid offerings.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
LEMERIDIENPICCADILLY, General Manager at Le Meridien Piccadilly, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2013

Dear GRtraveler_8

Thank you for posting your comments on TripAdvisor following your visit to Le Meridien Piccadilly.

We always endeavour to ensure that every guest has an enjoyable and pleasant time at the Hotel. Therefore I am sorry to learn that we failed to meet your expectations on this occasion and rest assured that I have reviewed your comments with the associates especially those relating to shortcomings in service that you have experienced, for which I sincerely apologise. Concerning your comments on the WIFI, we are pleased to advise that we have changed our Internet provider that is expected to offer an improved Internet service for our guests. I am pleased to see that you have appreciated the Hotels’ enviable location within the heart of London which allows easy movement around the Capital City.

Once more, I am very sorry that we did not fully meet your expectations for your stay and I do hope that this experience will not deter you from choosing Le Méridien Piccadilly or Starwood Hotels for your next visit to London. Please feel free to contact my office directly and I will be pleased to assist you with your room allocation.

Yours sincerely

Sérgio Leandro

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Booked a night here on last minute.com. It was one of the top secret offers. Good price at £150 for a sat night.

When we arrived we were told we had been upgraded to a deluxe room ehich was very nice, clean and comfy. Had everything we needed for the eve. Staff were all helpful and friendly.

We used the pool and whirlpool before we left in the morning, clean pool.

Location is great and once inside you can easily forget the hassle and busse outside.

Would stay again

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
LEMERIDIENPICCADILLY, General Manager at Le Meridien Piccadilly, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

Dear jade12345

Thank you for choosing to stay at Le Meridien Piccadilly and for taking the time to post your feedback on TripAdvisor.

It was pleasing and rewarding to hear that you appreciated the friendly and professional service provided by our associates and I have shared your kind comments with them as they are all dedicated to make every guest feel special. Indeed, the Hotel’s unrivalled location is ideal for discovering London with ease and visiting most major attractions and sights.

Again thank you for your kind comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to Le Meridien Piccadilly in the near future.

Reviewed 26 July 2013

I stayed here for work but appreciated the fact that it was close to many of the tourist attractions and in the heart of Piccardilly. The hotel itself is spacious and well furnished. The room was of a good size and everything worked well. It was very comfortable, as was the bed. There was a restaurant bar in the hotel but I didn't eat there. All in all it was a good hotel in a very good location (especially for sightseers).

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
LEMERIDIENPICCADILLY, General Manager at Le Meridien Piccadilly, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2013

Dear Andy100668,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Le Méridien Piccadilly and for taking the time to post your review at TripAdvisor.

It was very pleasing to read that you enjoyed your stay with us as well as the Hotel’s unrivalled location within the heart of London. It was encouraging to see that you appreciated the comfort of your spacious room and the “Le Meridien Bed”, which is unique to our Brand.

Once again, thank you for posting your feedback and for choosing to stay with us. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again to Le Méridien Piccadilly.

Sérgio Leandro

Reviewed 26 July 2013

Le Meridien Piccadilly is now my favorite hotel in London. We're SPG loyalists, and I've stayed previously at the Park Lane and Knightsbridge SPG properties. Le Meridien Piccadilly is better than both of those by a long shot, especially for Plat members.

We were upgraded to a suite and the room was gorgeous. Absolutely huge with a six person dining table and lots of space to relax. Also had two bathrooms, which is a very nice touch. Everything in the hotel seems to have been upgraded/refurbished very recently since the entire hotel seemed almost brand new.

At check-in the staff was very warm and welcoming. The GM stopped by to say hello. After we were finishing checking in, they realized that our room wasn't ready yet, so they had a staffer escort us to the Lounge and help us get some refreshments while we waited. In 15 minutes when the room was ready, another staffer came to tell us that we could go up. The Lounge itself was very good overall. Very busy most of the time, and the breakfast options were limited, but the staff was attentive to refilling all of the breads and other items that were available.

All in, an excellent stay. Great location, very central to everything you'd want to see and a perfect property with nicely appointed finishes and a staff that's service oriented.

EXTRA TIP -- if eating breakfast at the lounge, you can ask the staff to see the full breakfast menu from the restaurant. That way, you can supplement whatever they have in the lounge for free with eggs, ham or whatever. They will obviously charge your room for this, but it's a great way to have a bigger breakfast while still benefiting from all of the other free food in the lounge.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Aristotlenova

Dear Aristotlenova,

Thank you for taking the time to post your favourable review on Tripadvisor following your recent stay with us at Le Meridien Piccadilly.

It was very rewarding and pleasing to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you appreciated the Hotel’s facilities, in particular to highlight the spacious and well-appointed Suite and our Club Lounge providing a unique experience having Continental Breakfast, Afternoon Tea and Evening Canapes in an exclusive environment.

I was delighted to read that you valued the friendly and professional service provided by our associated upon arrival. I have shared your kind comments with them as they all work very hard to make every guest feel special. The Hotel indeed has an enviable location within the heart of London, which allows easy movement around the Capital City.

Thank you again for your encouraging review and we do hope that you will continue to make many more enjoyable visits to Le Meridien Piccadilly. We very much look forward to seeing you in the very near future.