“Great location but expensive” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Le Meridien Piccadilly

Ranked #533 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Hong Kong, China
“Great location but expensive”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

We stayed here for almost a week. We are gold starwood preferred members but were very disappointed in the first room that they gave us. I couldnt standup in the shower as the bath was raised to close to the ceiling. They did change our room though which was much better.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank starmanistanbul
LEMERIDIENPICCADILLY, General Manager at Le Meridien Piccadilly, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Dear starmanistanbul,

Thank you for your feedback posted on TripAdvisor.

I am glad to see that you had an enjoyable stay with us and appreciated the professional service provided by our Front Desk team moving you to a different room. Should you plan a future trip to London please feel free to reach out to my office directly so we can ensure your room preferences are met and ensure your next stay will be an enjoyable and comfortable one from the very first moment.

I would like to sincerely thank you for your contribution, I do hope to have the possibility of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Le Meridien Piccadilly

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (380)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Eastbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

We stayed here last weekend and weren't quite sure what to expect having read some of the reviews posted here. We chose the hotel as we found a very good deal and had enjoyed a stay there several years ago.
Positives - Reception staff were very pleasant, check in and check out were both very efficient; a special request in advance of our stay was taken forward very well (thank you Colinda in Reservations); our room was huge and nicely decorated, very clean, quiet, comfortable bed, good aircon, hot water and housekeeping, with tea/coffee/water & toiletries all being refreshed - a request for extra pillows was dealt with promptly and with a follow up call to make sure we were happy. Room service was prompt and the food was hot.
Just a couple of negatives - breakfast on Saturday morning was a bit chaotic and not really a relaxing experience; a minor point, but the floor boards in our room were very creaky, most noticeable at night times.
So overall we enjoyed our stay and would definitely return, although we wouldn't do breakfast again, but there are plenty of alternative places to eat very nearby.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Valerie480,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback within this platform following your stay here at Le Meridien Piccadilly.

It was a great pleasure to read that you had an enjoyable time with us and that you found all of our services to your satisfaction. I was pleased to see that your arrival experience was a pleasant one and I will share your kind comments with our Guest Services and Reservations Manager. It was encouraging to read that you appreciated our well-appointed rooms and professional services provided by our Housekeeping team. They are a great asset to the hotel and I will certainly share your kind comments with them. Indeed, the Hotel’s wonderful location within the Centre of London is ideal for discovering the city and visiting major attractions and sights.

Once again, thank you for posting your favourable feedback and choosing to stay with us. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again to Le Meridien Piccadilly in the very near future.

Montreux, Switzerland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

I m going to London at least twice a year and this is from far the worst experience i ve ever had. The room was old, the paint on the wal was dirty, the floor was noisy, the hot water was taking about 3 minutes to come, i didn t have a window in the room ( there was one but with a wall on the other side ). And all that for an expensive rate.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Audrey_BonvinDechoux
Dear Olivier Audrey D,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your stay with us.

We pride ourselves in offering a high level of service. I am very disappointed that we were not able to meet your expectations during your stay.
We would very much like the opportunity to discuss the points you have raised further, therefore may I kindly ask you, to contact my office directly.

Once again thank you for your feedback and we look forward to hear from you at your convenience.

Kind regards,

Le Meridien Piccadilly

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Warsaw, Poland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

I have already accepted that my gold spg card is not working in London somehow, but this time they decided to "upgrade" my de-luxe room into the family room. I was travelling with my spouse and was given small room with two beds, set similar to low-cost US motels - fantastic for a romantic evening. My complain was ignored. They were even upset that the upgrade is not appreciated by us! In the early morning a fire alarm was activated. As instructed, we left our room and went downstairs to the reception. They met us there with a smile: it is a false alarm, go back upstairs. No apologies, no official information that alarmn is false (on the way up we met other people still going down not believing us that the PA message is not true). After complaining to the manager, they promised me a better service the next time. Well, next time I will be in London for business and I don't care what room will be allocated to me.

Room Tip: Do not expect friendly responses to your needs
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ryszard W
Dear Ryszard W,

Thank you very much for your comments posted on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us.

I was disappointed to hear that your stay was not up to your expectations and that you felt that you did not receive our usual high standard services. Our associates work tirelessly to create memorable service experiences for our guests and when we fail to do so we are, naturally, very disappointed and regret it immensely. I have shared your comments with our Guest Service Manager to share with his team.

Once again, I am truly sorry for any shortcomings you have experienced and I sincerely hope that this experience will not deter you from choosing Le Méridien Piccadilly or Starwood Hotels for your next visit to London. Please feel free to make your reservation directly through my office and I will be pleased to assist you.

Sérgio Leandro

Le Méridien Piccadilly
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

Good location for a work or first time to London. I love this hotel, it has a sweet charm and as I was travelling solo for work it ticked all the boxes (and a short walk to Goucho Grill!). Would not recommend if you want a quiet stay as it is amidst the bustle of Piccadilly Circus.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Dear AnnaStavSydney,

Thank you for taking the time to share you feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us.

It was pleasing to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and appreciated the hotel’s great location. Indeed we are close to the major tourist attractions and transportation links and I am thankful you have shared your comments within this platform. The team here at Le Meridien Piccadilly are dedicated to making every guest feel special and I will certainly share your kind comments with them.

Once again thank you for your post and please do contact my office for your next reservation so that I may assure you of my personal attention.

Northampton, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

Ate at this restaurant for pre-theatre dinner. Found on interest for £25.00 per head -3 course meal.

Arrived at 5.50pm for a 6pm dining room booking. After half an hour - managed to catch the attention of a waiter, explained that we needed to leave at 7pm to get to theatre. Although meals were fine, the service was extremely slow and not very attentive. Although we had paid for a 3-course meal, we explained that we had to leave to get to the theatre and miss our desserts - thankfully the waiter advised us to return for desserts after the theatre, as last orders were at 11pm - this we did - unfortunately we were greeted by an unhelpful and dismissive waitress who said " you really came back for desserts - really?. Well we close at 10.30pm so you better be fast!" We were shocked and amazed that due to the slow service, we were now being asked to "hurry up". I decided that I would have coffee - surely this would be 'on the house' due to poor service? No, they asked £5.50 for the one coffee.

I have emailed the restaurant regarding our disappointment - they replied a day later advising that if we returned - they would provide us with a cocktail! I though a meal would be offered but no.

Needless to say - we will definitely not be returning.

Wish we had dined at The Caxton Bar and Grill at St Ermine's Hotel where we were stay - the hotel service and the service in general was far superior.

Oh by the way - the £25 per head does not include vegetables! They are £4 each!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
LEMERIDIENPICCADILLY, General Manager at Le Meridien Piccadilly, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Dear MLK384,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

It was obviously very unpleasant to read about your experience at the Terrace Grill & Bar. I would like to express my apologies for not meeting your expectation on this recent experience. As you know our Food & Beverage Manager has already liaised with you on this matter via various other channels and we will certainly take your feedback on board and looking into improvement opportunities.

We wish that we could turn back the clock but I hope that you can accept our apologies and that we will have a pleasure of welcoming you back to Le Meridien Piccadilly in the very near future.

Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

I arrived to an unfinished bed, stained toilet seat, dirty tub. Went back to the lobby to ask for a room change since front desk didn't pick up the phone. They kindly gave me a new room. The bed and bath looked better but stains on the carpet and walls. It took 15min to get hot water, no hair dryer, loose floor boars under the stained carpet, my bath towels smelled like urine. When I undid the bed there were black hairs all over the sheet. I will defiantly never stay here again.