“Not Inexpensive, But Worth It”

Ranked #502 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 30 April 2014

While we have typically rented flats in London for about 70% of the price, Le Meridien Piccadilly is well worth the price for the location, convenience, friendly staff and amenities. The upcharge for the breakfast/cocktails is incredibly reasonable for what you receive. Having spent two weeks there in the last two years, we are returning again this July. I recommend it highly.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Excellent location right in the heart of London. However I was not impressed with the staff. the Concierge was not helpful felt like I was bother him to the point that the Bell Men came over and helped they where very nice and directed us to some nice spots. Also when asked for a restaurant suggestions he could not give one. I ended up coming across a restaurant around the corner and came back to give them a card and he said they already new about it and referred people there all the time. I guess just not me.

It was good for the location and room only for me. Would not stay again

2  Thank Erin M
LEMERIDIENPICCADILLY, General Manager at Le Meridien Piccadilly, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear Erin M,

Thank you for your feedback posted on TripAdvisor.

We pride ourselves in offering a high level of service. I am very disappointed that we were not able to meet your expectations during your stay.

We would very much like the opportunity to discuss the points you have raised further, therefore can I kindly ask you, to contact my office directly. I have passed on your comments to our Head Concierge to share with his team and take appropriate action.

Once again thank you for your feedback and we look forward to hear from you at your convenience.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Apologies for late review! Stayed here as a late deal as a 'secret hotel' in late october for 2 nights for my boyfriends birthday and a gig we were attending. When i booked i emailed the hotel to see of there was anything they could do re upgrading or wine etc in the room, i had a prompt response saying they would note my request regarding an upgrade and could sort some wine in the room. Wonderful! I emailed to say could i have a wine list to choose what i wanted and never had a response! I let it go as it wasnt important just would have been nice. When we arrived after our check in time we were told our room wasnt ready but the receptionist said shes see of we could have another, few phonecalls and no we couldnt have any room-could we return in an hour? So we decided to leave our bags and go for a drink, when we returned almost an hour later we were given the original room! The room was lovely i cant remember which room- floor 3 i think. Although not massive it had everything we needed and was tasefully decorated with a massive bed! Although a lovely hotel and a great deal for a central london hotel i do believe their service could be improved slightly and would definately stay again-at the right price.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear jemima1183,

Thank you very much for posting your review on TripAdvisor following your stay in October.

I was concerned reading your comments about the lack of response in regards to your amenity request. Please accept my apologies and rest assured that I will share this piece of information with my team. It was pleasing to see that you appreciated our well-appointed rooms and the hotel’s great location in Central London. With regards to your comments about pricing please be informed that we are in line with our competitors however we will certainly take your feedback on board in order to look into improvement opportunities.

We do hope that you will continue to make many more enjoyable stays at Le Meridien Piccadilly and Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Stayed here with my husband and 2 sons (5 & 4 years old) on Easter bank holiday weekend.

We arrived at the hotel at 4pm ready to check in. The room hadn't been cleaned so we had to wait until 6.45 to check in, the girl on reception told us it would only take 40 minutes!!

The hotel bar just off the lobby was lovely and staff very friendly. We all enjoyed breakfast the 3 mornings we were there apart from the very poor service-each morning we had to constantly ask for basic things like coffee, milk, spoons, forks etc. 2/3 mornings there weren't saucers for our cups which we wouldn't expect from a 5* hotel.

The family room was nice and clean, however the bathroom is in desperate need of some attention and seemed only half cleaned. I usually bath the children but had to put them in the shower as there was some sort of blue bleach/cleaning product around the plugs.

The hotel is in a perfect central location but won't be returning as felt it was all very overpriced for the service we got.

Dear Laura A,

Thank you for posting your comments on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us.

I was delighted to read that you appreciated the hotel’s location which indeed allow for ease of movement to the major tourist attractions in Central London. With regards to your arrival experience, I was concerned to read that you had difficulties upon check in and please be informed that I have shared your feedback with our Rooms Division Manager. It was pleasing to see that you appreciate our friendly associates and be assured that I will certainly share your feedback with the Management team.

Thank you once again for your contribution and we do look forward to having the opportunity to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

Its bang in the center of everything, walking distance from a metro station and bus stop and has many major attractions at walking distance

Comfortable hotel, good service, cozy rooms apart from some minor issues in the bathroom which seem to need an upgrade

Will come again !

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Sneha C

Dear Sneha C,

Thank you for sharing your impressions on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us.

I was delighted to read that you appreciated the hotel’s unrivalled location within the heart of London. We always appreciate receiving guest feedback and we will certainly share your feedback with the entire team. I have shared your comments about the bathroom to be upgraded with the Senior Management Team and be assured that we will certainly take your feedback on board.

Once again thank you for your post and please feel free to reach out to my office directly so we can ensure your future trips to London will be comfortable ones.

Hotel Manger

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Room fine apart from cosmetic issues in bathroom (dripping tap, plug not working).

Terrace restaurant service poor and cooked breakfast luke warm.

Service excellent and we will return.

Apparently trip advisor requires me to say more so blah blah blah

Dear John C,

Thank you for sharing your impressions on TripAdvisor following your recent stay.

I was delighted to read that you appreciated the services provided by our team here at Le Meridien Piccadilly. Our associates are working very dedicated to make every guest feel special and I will share your comments with them. Our aim is to provide create memorable experiences for guests and I will certainly pass on your feedback about your Restaurant visit with the Management Team involved.

Once again, thank you for posting your favourable feedback and choosing to stay with us. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again to Le Meridien Piccadilly in the very near future.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Stayed here for one night on Easter weekend. As I am a Platinum SPG member I used my points and also suite upgrade for this stay. I'm happy to say that I was given the suite room.

The hotel is located in Piccadilly which is about 100 yards from Piccadilly Circus tube station. The hotel is on the main road but my room was very good in terms of sound proofing. The lobby area was small for the size of the hotel. On the right is stairs leading to the Club Lounge, and again this area is also quite small.

My suite on was on the 5th floor. There is 2 bathroom, a very big dining table (never understood the point of this), a telly, sofa, and a work station in the lounge. The bedroom is not the biggest I've been in. There is a table, a double wardrobe and the tea/coffee making facilities in the wardrobe. Then there is a smallish bathroom off the bedroom.

The bathroom is not quite 5 star, I would give it only 3 star at the best. Towels are not Egyptian cotton, there are not toothbrush and shaving kit, the bath has plastic handles which are a bit worn out and lastly there was a strand of hair on the shower wall. The cleanliness is not the best. I understand the hotel is located in a rather old building but I am sure it's not too difficult to install a shower cubicle with rain shower which is the rave in all hotels now. The carpet in the room doesn't look clean, the paint on the doors and wardrobe.

I didn't try the gym but had a look. It's split into 3 different areas and over 2 floors. There is also an indoor pool. Finally the breakfast is on the 2nd Floor with only continental breakfast. Nothing special to be honest, the usual bread, cereal, sausages, eggs, bacon, fruit, juices, ham, salami. There should be an eastern choice too I feel seeing there are quite many Asians guests staying here.

Overall a nice hotel and very good location, just behind Regent Street and near to Chinatown, Soho, Oxford Street, Old Bond Street, etc but the hotel is old and needs lots of work doing to it. Staff are quite friendly too.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
LEMERIDIENPICCADILLY, General Manager at Le Meridien Piccadilly, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dear R L,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Le meridian Piccadilly on the Easter Weekend.
I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and appreciated our friendly associates which are indeed a great asset to the hotel. I have shared your comments with the team as we are only able to improve our services with guest feedback such as yours. Thank you for highlighting the hotel’s unrivalled location in London’s city ideally located for business & leisure purposes.

Once again, thank your for sharing your comments within this platform and we are hoping to welcome you to Le Meridien Piccadilly in the very near future.