“Super location, friendly staff, refurbished Bright rooms”

Ranked #531 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Bangkok, Thailand
“Super location, friendly staff, refurbished Bright rooms”
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here on a business trip recently so as to be walking distance to the clients office near St James place. The hotel was easy to get to near Piccadilly Circus and there are many restaurants and theatres within easy walking distance. Also fairly close to the National Gallery and Trafalgar Square. The room I got was recently refurbished. Very comfortable, clean, modern and the brightest hotel room I have ever had - the lights were full on unlike most hotel rooms that try to keep things dim. Street noise was a bit of a problem due to late night rev-heads given that I was on the first floor but only on the first night. The club lounge was really nice but they charged for eggs (£7 for two fried eggs). The service was very friendly and professional all round but the biggest selling point is location, location location.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank pelachi
LEMERIDIENPICCADILLY, General Manager at Le Meridien Piccadilly, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear pelachi,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Le Meridien Piccadilly and for posting your review on TripAdvisor.

It was a great pleasure to read that you had an enjoyable time with us and that you found all of our services to your satisfaction. Indeed, our hotel is well located for business and leisure travellers and I am grateful you have taken the time to share your comments on this platform.
Please feel free to reach out to my office directly should you plan your next trip to London.

Le Meridien Piccadilly

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (397)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Let us start with the positives: location, location, location: bang in the middle of London's shopping and cultural heart. Front desk reception was warm and genuinely welcoming. I was asked whether this was my first ever stay at Le Meridien which I confirmed. Despite that, I was assigned a dingy, quirky room on the 6th floor, with split level floor plan, tiny work space and no other view than that of the sky. Room 634 is right next to staff service corridor. Entrance door kept squeaking and banging all day and all night long. Of course I could have packed up again and ask for another room, but I felt tired after an overnight journey from Africa, just wanted to relax and unwind and catch up with some sleep.
My simple lunch order was mixed up and had to get sorted out after I called after it to find out what happened having waited for it for 40 minutes.

Room Tip: Stick to floors below level 6, with higher ceilings and proper windows to look out through; hotel...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank 0rtelius
Dear 3DJs_dad,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your stay with us.

First and foremost please accept my apologies for not meeting your expectations on this occasion. I am sorry that you found your assigned room dissatisfying. I will certainly share your detailed feedback with my Management team to look into improvement opportunities. I feel also sorry for the poor lunch experience you have encountered and I would appreciate if you could reach out to my office directly so we can update your profile with your recent experience and so you’re well looked after on your next stay.

I would like to sincerely thank you for your contribution, I do hope to have the possibility of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

I stay two days in early June. It is a great and convenience location but nothing more than that. The limited choice for buffet breakfast and ageing furniture around the hotel especially inside the room are not what I am expecting from it. May be it is not fair compare it to Asian hotels but I certainly expecting it to be a lot better than B&B given the price difference. Unfortunately it is not in my case.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Will L
Dear Will L,

Thank you for your review posted on TripAdvisor.

It was pleasing to see that you appreciated the hotel’s great location in the City Centre of London, indeed ideally located for business and leisure travellers being close to the major tourist attraction and transportation links. I feel sorry to discover that you were dissatisfied with our breakfast choice and I have shared your comments with the Food & Beverage Manager so that we can together look into improvement opportunities. We value guest feedback and I am grateful you have taken the time to share your comments on this platform.

Once again thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to Le Meridien Piccadilly in the near future.

Le Meridien Piccadilly

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Elmhurst, Illinois
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with my daughter for a weekend in London. Amazing location with walking distance to the theater and many dining options. The staff are very helpful and the tube is just blocks away. There are so many shopping options on a Regent and Oxford streets. The rooms are comfortable with wifi.

Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Just finished up our last minute family London getaway with my wife and our 2 girls here. Quite simply there is no better hotel than Meridien Piccadilly in all of London. From the personal touch and warmth you get from everyone from the hotel manager to the staff...size of rooms...club lounge...amazing pool...fantastic central London location near everything...this is the best hotel in London.

From check-in to turn-down service Meridien Piccadilly deserves the highest marks and makes your vacation no-stress and very smooth allowing you to truly relax.

Meridien Piccadilly has a plethora of room types that can accommodate everyone from the single business traveler to the larger families of 4+.

And at the end of the day when you arrive back at the hotel for a solid nights sleep after a long day it is incredibly quiet.

As a 9 year platinum traveler I have stayed everywhere and this hotel ranks at the top of my list...go with it over all other London hotels...you will be happy you did!

Room Tip: Great views from the front...rooms in the middle are incredibly quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Starman S
Dear Starman S,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor following your recent family trip here at Le Meridien Piccadilly.

I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable time with us and that you found the breakfast experience very satisfying. I have shared your kind comments with the rest of the team as they are tirelessly working to enhance the overall guest experience. Indeed, it was very pleasing to discover that you appreciate the Hotel’s unrivalled location which is ideal for discovering London with ease and for visiting most major attractions and sights. I am grateful you have shared your kind comment within this platform and it was encouraging to discover that Le Meridien Piccadilly is at the top of your list for future trips to London.

Thank you again for your review and we do hope that you will continue to make many more enjoyable visits to Le Méridien Piccadilly and Starwood Hotels & Resorts. We very much look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best regards,

Sérgio Leandro

Le Méridien Piccadilly
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We chose this hotel because of its location. It's walking distance to a lot of London attractions and very close to the Tubes. The service at the hotel was excellent and everyone was this helpful as they could be. The rooms are extremely comfortable and in very clean. There was one minor problem that we encountered which was that the one of the elevator on was out of service the 5 days that we stayed here. This only tended to be an inconvenience during high traffic times

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Stevec418,

Thank you for sharing your impressions on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay and valued the friend services extended by our associates. I have shared your comments with them as they working very hard to make very guest feel special. Indeed the hotel is ideally located in the heart of London close to the major tourist attractions. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused by one of the elevator being out of service. We are currently working very closely with the outside lift company to look into improvement opportunities to avoid reoccurrence.

Once again, thank you for posting your feedback and for choosing to stay with us. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again to Le Méridien Piccadilly.

Sérgio Leandro

Halesowen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We have just returned from a one night stay at Le Meridien. The entire stay was beyond our expectations. the location is central and close to transport links, restaurants, nightlife and theatre. The attention to detail was unbelievable and the service was impeccable.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear selinatromans,

Thank you for your post on TripAdvisor following your stay.

I was delighted to read that you had a wonderful stay and appreciated the hotel location within the City Centre of London. Indeed our associates are working dedicated to make every guest feel special and it was enourgagin to read that you valued the service and the attention to detail.
Thank you again for your feedback and choosing to stay with us. We look forward to welcome you again to Le Meridien Piccadilly on your future trips to London.