“Great hotel! great location!”

Ranked #526 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Great hotel! great location!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel with our 10 year old son, and everything was perfect! The hotel restaurant was amazing! They have a buffet breakfast and really terrific dinners - the chef has a daily tasting menu with wine pairings, and they have great cocktails and a good kids menu too. I had emailed the hotel ahead of time because our son has a food allergy- chef emailed me back personally, and when we arrived, everyone already knew about us! We had a junior suite and it was very roomy and comfortable for the 3 of us.

The location is also really great - we were able to walk to Piccadilly Circus, SOHO, Buckingham Palace, Trafalgar Square, and even the London Eye. Also a short walk to either Piccadilly or Green Park tube stations.

Room Tip: Our junior suite was on the second floor - same level as the Terrace grill so that was convenient...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
LEMERIDIENPICCADILLY, General Manager at Le Meridien Piccadilly, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Dear KimT954,

Thank you for taking the time to share your impressions on TripAdvisor following your recent stay.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and appreciated especially the services extended in our Terrace Grill & Bar. It was encouraging to see that our Chef had positively contributed to your enjoyment and I have shared your kind comments with him. Indeed the hotel’s great location in the City Centre of London is ideally located for business and leisure guests.

Once again, thank you for posting your feedback and for choosing to stay with us. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again to Le Meridien Piccadilly.

Le Meridien Piccadilly

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (388)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

Le Meridien Piccadilly is ideally located just a minute walk from the central Piccadilly line. The hotel is not quite up to the standards of other Le Meridiens I have stayed at. The rooms were small which is typical for London. The beds were comfortable and it was quiet. The service was mixed. Some of the staff were very good and others very mediocre.

For over $400/night I expected more. Had the rooms been more moderately priced, I would have been more satisfied.

1 Thank deniseandy
Dear deniseandy,

Thank you very much for your comments posted on TripAdvisor.

It was very pleasing to read that you enjoyed your stay as well as the Hotel’s unique location within the heart of London. I was delighted to see that you valued the service provided by our associates. They are all working dedicated to make every guest feel special and I have shared your comments with them. Please rest assured that our pricing is in line with our competitors however we will certainly take your feedback on-board and look for improvement opportunities for next year.

Thank you again for your review and we do hope that you will continue to make many more enjoyable visits to Le Méridien Piccadilly and Starwood Hotels & Resorts. We very much look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kind Regards

Sérgio Leandro

Le Méridien Piccadilly
San Anselmo, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

We are Starwood a Preferred Guest members so chose Le Meridien because it is in the middle of things we wanted to see and do.

I'm in the architecture field so design is as important as hospitality. The LM building is classically beautiful; the soaring lobby area has black and white marble pattern on the entry floor with 8-10 inch baseboard and crown moulding throughout. What's neat is that the decor and furnishings are contemporary enough to make the place feel modern and current but not too trendy or edgy. The mix of old and new styles would be fine for most any guest. Our room is a suite with lots of lite and plenty of room to spread out. We are sharing a room with our 13 year old daughter but the layout allows her to have her own zone. I LUV the king size bed but most of all are the face towels which apparently are not standard bathroom amenities (seriously). I need them.

As a SPG member you can have access to the mezzanine club level which looks out over the lobby-- you can see all the comings and goings and take in a bit of people watching. Club level means you get hosted breakfast, afternoon tea and cocktail hour nibbles. Two fridges are stocked with coke, still and bubbly water, tonic and beer. The food served is not a full-on meal but certainly filling enough to have one skip costly dining at a nearby restaurant. For example breakfast is good quality yogurt in glass containers, fruit, nuts, cereal, ham and toast. The espresso machine is there 24/7. As a family, we appreciate having this amenity.

I mention the Club Level not to focus on food or being an SPG member (anyone can sign up to be a member-- it's a loyalty program). I mention it because it is on this floor that my review resides. It was busy during our stay and the club level was buzzing with business and tourist travelers. Kids and adults clambering about. The staff on this floor were put to the test ranging from having to communicate in different languages, picking up after everyone with a smile and grace, replenishing all the food/drinks and more. They were earning their wages. These professionals demonstrated exemplary service and attitude, not to speak of being very attractive and engaging. I cannot recall all the names but the most stars go to Andrea for being excellent at everything she did. She was awesome!! Domenico, Beatrice and Jack were also notable teammates-- these are the staff who happened to be around when we were in the lounge but it's my guess they are all on top of their game. Thomas, the manager of this floor was super, too.

To quote famous and recently deceased author, Maya Angelou: "People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."

The staff here have made me feel wonderful!

Room Tip: 549 was great--it looks down over the front of the Main Street and at the building facade with lovel...
1 Thank willylabradoodle
Dear willylabradoodle,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your favourable review on our website following your recent stay with us.

Our aim is to create memorable experiences for our guests and we are pleased if this was the case. Our entire associates are working passionate to make all guests feel special and I will certainly share your kind comments especially with the Club Lounge Team. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed the hotel’s facilities and unrivalled location within the City Centre of London.

Thank you again for your encouraging review and we do hope that you will continue to make many more enjoyable visits to Le Meridien Piccadilly. We very much look forward to seeing you in the very near future.

Cheshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

We stayed for one night to enjoy theatre and london sights. Great base for shopping etc. we got a great deal through lastminute.com ( judging by the prices quoted we paid about half). Bed was big and comfy, room was quiet and clean. room was a bit small with no view but we slept well. Good service.I would say it was great value for what we paid but not sure id be happy to pay circa £300 to stay here. But if you can get a deal, it may not excite but it won't disappoint.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Visitor75
LEMERIDIENPICCADILLY, General Manager at Le Meridien Piccadilly, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Visitor75,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review.

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay and appreciated all services provided.
Once again, thank you for posting your feedback and for choosing to stay with us. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again to Le Méridien Piccadilly in the near future.

Sérgio Leandro

Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here on a business trip recently so as to be walking distance to the clients office near St James place. The hotel was easy to get to near Piccadilly Circus and there are many restaurants and theatres within easy walking distance. Also fairly close to the National Gallery and Trafalgar Square. The room I got was recently refurbished. Very comfortable, clean, modern and the brightest hotel room I have ever had - the lights were full on unlike most hotel rooms that try to keep things dim. Street noise was a bit of a problem due to late night rev-heads given that I was on the first floor but only on the first night. The club lounge was really nice but they charged for eggs (£7 for two fried eggs). The service was very friendly and professional all round but the biggest selling point is location, location location.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank pelachi
Dear pelachi,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Le Meridien Piccadilly and for posting your review on TripAdvisor.

It was a great pleasure to read that you had an enjoyable time with us and that you found all of our services to your satisfaction. Indeed, our hotel is well located for business and leisure travellers and I am grateful you have taken the time to share your comments on this platform.
Please feel free to reach out to my office directly should you plan your next trip to London.

Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

Let us start with the positives: location, location, location: bang in the middle of London's shopping and cultural heart. Front desk reception was warm and genuinely welcoming. I was asked whether this was my first ever stay at Le Meridien which I confirmed. Despite that, I was assigned a dingy, quirky room on the 6th floor, with split level floor plan, tiny work space and no other view than that of the sky. Room 634 is right next to staff service corridor. Entrance door kept squeaking and banging all day and all night long. Of course I could have packed up again and ask for another room, but I felt tired after an overnight journey from Africa, just wanted to relax and unwind and catch up with some sleep.
My simple lunch order was mixed up and had to get sorted out after I called after it to find out what happened having waited for it for 40 minutes.

Room Tip: Stick to floors below level 6, with higher ceilings and proper windows to look out through; hotel...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank 0rtelius
Dear 3DJs_dad,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your stay with us.

First and foremost please accept my apologies for not meeting your expectations on this occasion. I am sorry that you found your assigned room dissatisfying. I will certainly share your detailed feedback with my Management team to look into improvement opportunities. I feel also sorry for the poor lunch experience you have encountered and I would appreciate if you could reach out to my office directly so we can update your profile with your recent experience and so you’re well looked after on your next stay.

I would like to sincerely thank you for your contribution, I do hope to have the possibility of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

I stay two days in early June. It is a great and convenience location but nothing more than that. The limited choice for buffet breakfast and ageing furniture around the hotel especially inside the room are not what I am expecting from it. May be it is not fair compare it to Asian hotels but I certainly expecting it to be a lot better than B&B given the price difference. Unfortunately it is not in my case.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Will L
Dear Will L,

Thank you for your review posted on TripAdvisor.

It was pleasing to see that you appreciated the hotel’s great location in the City Centre of London, indeed ideally located for business and leisure travellers being close to the major tourist attraction and transportation links. I feel sorry to discover that you were dissatisfied with our breakfast choice and I have shared your comments with the Food & Beverage Manager so that we can together look into improvement opportunities. We value guest feedback and I am grateful you have taken the time to share your comments on this platform.

Once again thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to Le Meridien Piccadilly in the near future.

Le Meridien Piccadilly

Travellers are raving about these London hotels