“Convenient Location” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #532 of 1,086 Hotels in London
Austin, Texas
“Convenient Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

I'm do not like staying in time squares in NY- well that's what this is like. That is not the hospitals fault. But could become more modern to suit the neighbourhood. The staff was over the top nice and helpful. Expect Nicolas at the reception desk. He did speak to me but managed to give me displeasing looks all weekend.
I had no problem with my room like others have stated. I wish that hotels that boast 5 stars would Internet for free but no that was only for the lobby. At. 18£ a drink in the bar you can surely make up for free internet.
My room did smell musty when I first arrived.
I probably won't stay again but only because I want to be somewhere not so crowded with tourists. I know that is a hard one to come by In london.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank RebeccaWaldrop
LEMERIDIENPICCADILLY, General Manager at Le Meridien Piccadilly, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Dear RebeccaWaldrop,

Thank you very much posting your review following your stay on TripAdvisor.

I have reviewed your comments and I will share them with the Management Team so that we can together look into improvement opportunities of the points of concern you have raised.

I am grateful you have taken the time to share your comments on this platform.
We are looking forward to welcome you back to Le Meridien Piccadilly in the very near future.

Le Meridien Piccadilly

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (380)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Echo Beach
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

You can't beat the location close to everything. The rooms are small and tired, but London is not a place where you want to sit in your hotel room. The staff are excellent and try to help were ever posable. I always try to stay there when I'm in London.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear K L,

Thank you very much for posting your comments on TripAdvsior following your recent stay at Le Meridien Piccadilly.

With pleasure I discovered that you have enjoyed the hotel’s unique location close to many transportation links and we thank you for sharing your impressions within this platform. Furthermore I was pleased to read that you appreciated the friendly and professional service provided by our team and I have shared your comments with them as they are dedicated to make every guest feel special.

Thank you again, for your review and we do hope that you will continue to make many more enjoyable stays at Le Meridien Piccadilly and Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

The best thing about this hotel is its location. You can take a short walk and be at the tube, Buckingham Palace, Mall, Picadilly etc. This is the the main reason we stayed here. The hotel itself is really dated and could use a serious revamp, specially considering what they charge for the night (although compared to what other London hotels charge I guess it was not that bad). They have a nice bar/lounge with a wide selection of Gin, which my husband and I enjoyed. The bar tenders seemed knowledgeable and made some great suggestions of gins and garnishes. We found the staff to be very nice overall, but where a little put off by some of the staffs poor English skills which somethimes made it hard to communicate at all (specially considering that this is a hotel in England you would expect they should speak English!!!). The housekeeping was also a little dissapointing, they left a half finished glass of coke on the TV table when making the room, and the room overall did not feel "fresh" -but this could also be due to the dated furniture and finishes.

1 Thank BubblyT
Dear BubblyT,

Thank you for staying at Le Méridien Piccadilly and for taking the time to post your feedback on TripAdvisor.

We always strive to ensure that every guest has an enjoyable time and I was of course most disappointed to see that we did not fully meet your expectations on this occasion. With regards to your comments about the rooms please rest assured that I have shared your comments raised with our Engineer team. In addition rest assured that we are working closely with our owning company to look for improvement opportunities to enhance the overall room’s product. I was also concerned reading your comments about the services you have received from our Housekeeping Team and I have shared your feedback with the Department Head to look into improvement opportunities.

Thank you again for your feedback and for choosing to stay with us, we look forward to welcoming you again to Le Méridien Piccadilly on your future visits to London.

Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

We've stayed here many times. This hotel's biggest asset is its location in Piccadilly: a quick stroll to the Mall, Buckingham Palace, Green Park, the National Gallery, the Royal Academy, Regent St shopping, the arcades off Picccadilly, Saville Row, etc.

The hotel feels it's age and does need a serious revamp in the accommodation rooms, though the beds remain large and comfortable which is worth a lot to regular travellers and ageing backs. Rooms fronting Piccadilly can get noisy. Be careful with "quiet" back rooms as you can get one right near the noisy kitchen exhausts of adjacent restaurants. Bathrooms vary widely depending upon quirks in the design of the original building.

Very helpful front desk man who without demur allowed a change of room soon after we checked in and the wait staff work their tooshes off in the very very noisy breakfast restaurant (think about having breakfast outside the hotel in one of the many coffee/food lounges nearby in Piccadilly).

The few disappointments were (1) the local concierge who added little value to our requests and seemed bored throughout, (2) the Service Desk operator (a key role) who couldn't help with the most basic service questions because of her poor English skills ["I would like to check whether a parcel has arrived me" was a bridge too far], (3) several room service items appeared on our bill that we had never charged (the consequence of changing rooms?), (4) the in-room television picture is appallingly bad analog with lots of wavy lines behind the picture, and (5) breakfast is old-style unimaginative limp Brit cooking.

I'll stay here again because of the location and because I can use Starwood points.

Room Tip: For a quiet room, ask for the top floor at the back, up around 907-912.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Peter F,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us.

It was pleasing to see that you enjoyed the hotel’s great location being close to the major tourist attractions such as Buckingham Palace, National Gallery and the Royal Academy. I was concerned to read that the room’s product did not meet your expectation and be assured that we are working with our owning company to look further into improvement opportunities. I would like to inform you that I have addressed all other points of concern with the Department Heads involved to take action appropriately.

Once again, I am truly sorry for any shortcomings you have experienced and I sincerely hope that this experience will not deter you from choosing Le Méridien Piccadilly or Starwood Hotels for your next visit to London. Please feel free to make your reservation directly through my office and I will be pleased to assist you.

Le Méridien Piccadilly
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

We began our 25th anniversary trip at the Le Meridien Piccadilly. The fantastic staff greeted us with a sweet gesture of a rose petal heart on our bed. The hotel is gorgeous with the details one would expect from a well appointed building. The rooms are designed for comfort and are well kept. We also enjoyed the enclosed roof top terrace for drinks. It follows the hotels feel of being modern without losing the architectural details of an older building. We will book a room at the Le Meridien the next time we visit London.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kimberly B
Dear Kimberly B,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Le Meridien Piccadilly on this very special occasion and for posting your review on TripAdvisor.

It was encouraging to see that you had an enjoyable stay and valued all services extend by our associates. They are a great asset to the hotel and I have shared your comments with them. I was delighted to read that you appreciated the hotel’s well-appointed rooms and our Terrace Grill & Bar overlooking old Piccadilly.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind regards,

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel with our 10 year old son, and everything was perfect! The hotel restaurant was amazing! They have a buffet breakfast and really terrific dinners - the chef has a daily tasting menu with wine pairings, and they have great cocktails and a good kids menu too. I had emailed the hotel ahead of time because our son has a food allergy- chef emailed me back personally, and when we arrived, everyone already knew about us! We had a junior suite and it was very roomy and comfortable for the 3 of us.

The location is also really great - we were able to walk to Piccadilly Circus, SOHO, Buckingham Palace, Trafalgar Square, and even the London Eye. Also a short walk to either Piccadilly or Green Park tube stations.

Room Tip: Our junior suite was on the second floor - same level as the Terrace grill so that was convenient...
Dear KimT954,

Thank you for taking the time to share your impressions on TripAdvisor following your recent stay.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and appreciated especially the services extended in our Terrace Grill & Bar. It was encouraging to see that our Chef had positively contributed to your enjoyment and I have shared your kind comments with him. Indeed the hotel’s great location in the City Centre of London is ideally located for business and leisure guests.

Once again, thank you for posting your feedback and for choosing to stay with us. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again to Le Meridien Piccadilly.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

Le Meridien Piccadilly is ideally located just a minute walk from the central Piccadilly line. The hotel is not quite up to the standards of other Le Meridiens I have stayed at. The rooms were small which is typical for London. The beds were comfortable and it was quiet. The service was mixed. Some of the staff were very good and others very mediocre.

For over $400/night I expected more. Had the rooms been more moderately priced, I would have been more satisfied.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank deniseandy
Dear deniseandy,

Thank you very much for your comments posted on TripAdvisor.

It was very pleasing to read that you enjoyed your stay as well as the Hotel’s unique location within the heart of London. I was delighted to see that you valued the service provided by our associates. They are all working dedicated to make every guest feel special and I have shared your comments with them. Please rest assured that our pricing is in line with our competitors however we will certainly take your feedback on-board and look for improvement opportunities for next year.

Thank you again for your review and we do hope that you will continue to make many more enjoyable visits to Le Méridien Piccadilly and Starwood Hotels & Resorts. We very much look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kind Regards