“Modern Hotel in an Historic Location”

Ranked #530 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Bellmore, New York
“Modern Hotel in an Historic Location”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Just a few steps from historic Piccadilly, this hotel is lovely. The staff were professional and helpful, the rooms spacious, clean and comfortable. The small bar/club downstairs was fun, and the breakfast buffet was more than adequate. I missed the traditional turn-down service and new, fresh towels that are usually offered at 5 star hotels. Location is the key to this hotel's success.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
LEMERIDIENPICCADILLY, General Manager at Le Meridien Piccadilly, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear kathiwinograd2,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Le Meridien Piccadilly and we appreciated your feedback posted on TripAdvisor.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us and appreciated the hotel's great location within the heart of London. It is always a pleasure to read that our guests have valued the services that we offer. I am delighted to discover that our associates have positively contributed towards this enjoyment. I will pass on your encouraging feedback to them as they all are working very hard to make every guest feel special.

Thank you once again for your contribution and we do look forward to having the opportunity to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Le Meridien Piccadilly

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (397)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Lovely hotel, in a great location. We wanted somewhere nice to stay, close enough to walk to a show in the West End. We found the staff, the facilities, the rooms and the bars nothing short of first class! Weill definitely be staying again!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank David R
Dear David R,

Thank you for your post on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to read that you had a wonderful stay and appreciated the hotel’s unrivalled location in the heart of London. It was highly encouraging to see that you appreciated the helpful services provided by all of our associates. They are a great asset to the Hotel and are dedicated to make every guest feel special. I will ensure your kind comments are shared with the team.
Thank you again for your review and we do hope that you will continue to return to Le Méridien Piccadilly and Starwood Hotels & Resorts in the future. We very much look forward to seeing you again soon.

Le Méridien Piccadilly
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 7 July 2014

In this day and age of free internet in cafes, hotels and almost everywhere the charge of $30 a day for internet in one's room in an expensive hotel like the Le Meridien Piccadilly takes the cake.
Yes, there is free wifi in the lobby but it is like a busy railway station and the few seats taken up by people working on tablets and lap tops.
Best to go to one of the coffee shops all around. Breakfast is cheap in these places and it comes with free wifi!
The hotel has a good location- the only thing really going for it. Rooms are average, service friendly but nothing more than you would expect from a five star hotel.
At most five star hotels there is also a turn down service and fresh towels in the evening. In three days did not have anything like this.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Ian H
Dear Ian H,

Thank you very much for your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I was concerned reading your feedback about our Internet pricing structure as we are always ensuring that our pricing is compatible to pricing charged in similar establishments in London. I can safely state that our pricing is competitively positioned. It was pleasing to discover that you appreciated the hotel’s unique location which is indeed very close to public transportation links and attractions alike.

Thank you again for your feedback and for choosing to stay with us, we look forward to welcoming you again to Le Méridien Piccadilly on your future visits to London.

London
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I've stayed here a couple of times on business in recent months and I find the hotel to be a mixed experience. On the one hand, it is very clean and modern-looking. The location is great. The bedrooms are reasonably-sized (but nothing special). The club is acceptable (although a bit small) and the breakfast has a good selection. On the other hand, I found the front desk staff to be of mixed ability. There is always a queue to check in, and rarely do the staff voluntarily mention that there is another front desk in the next room (even when the queues get quite long). There was no recognition of SPG platinum, either in welcome or in room upgrades (which I maybe received once in the past five stays). I hate asking for an upgrade (being English, it makes me feel a bit dirty) but on the rare occasions I've mentioned it, I got an immediate response that they're fully booked or that there are no better rooms available. However a brief glance at spg.com shows this is not true. On one occasion, I actually showed this to the girl on the front desk, but she shrugged her shoulders. Also, the senior management team were totally invisible. Not once on my stays did I see any of them welcoming guests at breakfast or being on the front desk at any time. I didn't have any major complaints though, so would stay again (and have indeed booked for one night later in the month).

Room Tip: Higher rooms have lower ceilings but are quieter. Avoid rooms near the lifts/elevators as they had...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank dYquem
Dear dYquem,

Thank you for your detailed feedback posted on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us.

First and foremost please accept my apologies for not meeting your expectations on this occasion. I am sorry that you found our services especially at the Front desk below your expectations. I will certainly share your detailed feedback with my Management team involved to look into improvement opportunities. I would appreciate if you could reach out to my office directly so we can update your profile with your recent experience and assist making your future stay a memorable one.
I would like to sincerely thank you for your contribution, I do hope to have the possibility of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 6 July 2014

My husband and I have stayed at this hotel a ton...him for business and the two of us for pleasure. It's always proved to be a good location and comfortable - not to mention Starwood points. But I doubt we will stay here again. The "starwood preferred" room we were put in originally was so small - we asked to be moved - we got moved to a bigger room, but with a bathroom that makes the Days Inn look nice and a toilet that did not work. Customer service is lacking now to say the least....and this is for a person who has stayed 100 nights at a starwood hotel in a year.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Btravel247
Dear Btravel247,

Thank you for your comments posted on TripAdvisor.

I feel sorry to see that you did not enjoy your stay with us and I have noted your comments with regards to the room that has been assigned to you. I also apologise for the poor customer service you have encountered and would appreciate if you could let me know further details on that matter so that I can ensure appropriate actions will be taken to avoid reoccurrence.
I do hope that your mixed experiences will not deter you from choosing Le Meridien Piccadilly for your next visit to London when we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel.

Le Méridien Piccadilly

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Montebello, California
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Having been to London on several ocassions I try not to stay in Piccadilly Circus. I feel the same way about it that I do Times Square in New York. This time, my sister who had never been to London went with me and we had plans to do some site seeing and see a show. The hotel was in a great location to walk to Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, Musicals and well...Touristy things. I can' t say you will find good food in the area nor the hotel. I can't say it was personal, warm and comfy. But I can say it was clean and it a good location. Oh, and the gentleman at the front desk did not give me my Starwood points and I had to fight for them afterwards. I would not stay here again if I didn't have to, but I would recommend it to someone who is looking to site see and do all of the tourist events. Warning. At night Piccadilly Circus is very loud and crowded. It's like a big party with drunk people and loud obnoxious tourists.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank E M
LEMERIDIENPICCADILLY, General Manager at Le Meridien Piccadilly, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Dear E M,

Thank very much foradvising us of your comments following your stay with us.

We highly appreciate your comments. I was disappointed to hear that your recent experience at the hotel did not meet your expectations and I would like to offer my most sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. I sincerely thank you for advising us of your comments and rest assured that your opinion is very much valued as indeed our aim is to provide excellent service at all times especially in a five star environment.

Thank you again for your feedback and choosing to stay with us. We look forward to welcome you again to Le Meridien Piccadilly on your future trips to London.

Hotel Manger
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

I'm do not like staying in time squares in NY- well that's what this is like. That is not the hospitals fault. But could become more modern to suit the neighbourhood. The staff was over the top nice and helpful. Expect Nicolas at the reception desk. He did speak to me but managed to give me displeasing looks all weekend.
I had no problem with my room like others have stated. I wish that hotels that boast 5 stars would Internet for free but no that was only for the lobby. At. 18£ a drink in the bar you can surely make up for free internet.
My room did smell musty when I first arrived.
I probably won't stay again but only because I want to be somewhere not so crowded with tourists. I know that is a hard one to come by In london.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank RebeccaWaldrop
Dear RebeccaWaldrop,

Thank you very much posting your review following your stay on TripAdvisor.

I have reviewed your comments and I will share them with the Management Team so that we can together look into improvement opportunities of the points of concern you have raised.

I am grateful you have taken the time to share your comments on this platform.
We are looking forward to welcome you back to Le Meridien Piccadilly in the very near future.