“a solid city hotel”

Ranked #504 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Excellent location for business and tourism...
Check in is a process... I guess we are never going to get a personalised name using hotel, the numbers of customers are just too big for the hotel to bother... its super irritating to be a room number... I have a name... I really do!
Breakfast is good, though the service is a bit basic and appears understaffed...
All in all a good city hotel with a nice room 637 but no view unless you stand on your tiptoes and peer over the balcony.
Would recommend

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ideaz
LEMERIDIENPICCADILLY, General Manager at Le Meridien Piccadilly, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2014

Dear Ideaz,

Thank you for your feedback posted on TripAdvisor.

I was delighted to see that you would recommend and please get in touch with us on your next occasion so that we can ensure you are well looked after. I feel sorry if you felt your arrival experience was not personalized and very transactional. I have shared your feedback with our Guest Services Manager to further looking into improvement opportunities.

Once again thank you for your contribution and we do hope that you will continue to make many more enjoyable stays to Le Meridien Piccadilly and Starwood Hotels & Resorts. We are looking forward to seeing you again in the very near future.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

All the SPG hotels (Sheraton, Le Meridien, & W) have great locations so you certainly can't go wrong on that front. You are close to the action where ever you stay.

However with that said the quality of the assets is where you can get fooled. Since I have already explained why you shouldn't stay at the Sheraton in a separate review I want to tell you why you should feel comfortable about staying here.

As I said before the location is outstanding. The check in is usually a bit better manner than their other hotels. I don't know why but check in here has been a lot smoother. The lobby is better organized and the concierge, bell stand, and check in are all within 30 feet of one another. I also think the staff take a bit more pride in their work as they were all very friendly and remembered my family as we entered and exited the building.

The rooms are typically priced in the middle of the Sheraton and W with a difference of about 40 pounds either way. This is with advanced booking and is obviously influenced by what groups might be in house.

For those with SPG status this is the best place to stay. The club lounge is great, has working high speed wifi and it looks out over the lobby from the 1st floor so its easy to wait for someone if you are meeting someone. The other hotels don't have the club lounge so if you need to do work and don't want to do it in your room with dodgey wifi on a 20 year old rickety old desk like at the Sheraton then you will love this option.

Rooms are nice, and clean. Not as fancy as the W but equally as functional and if you want your wet area separate from your sleeping area then the best option. In some of the rooms the W has its sink in the sleeping space (don't get me wrong it is very well designed and not an issue) so its a bit weird brushing your teeth but you'll get used to it.

Frequent travels this is the best option and worth any additional money you might pay over the sister property down the street.

Room Tip: If you have heavy luggage there are a couple of weird levels which make moving luggage a bit odd so...
2  Thank BruceGlobal

Dear BruceGlobal,

Thank you very much for your post on TripAdvisor.

It was pleasing to discover that you had an enjoyable stay and appreciated the hotel’s unrivalled location in the heart of London and all its facilities such as our Club Lounge. I am grateful you have taken the time to share your comments within this platform.

Thank you again for your feedback and for choosing to stay with us, we look forward to welcoming you again to Le Méridien Piccadilly on your future visits to London.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed in the family room which had 2 queen beds. The neighborhood was amazing, our room which was on the top floor was quiet and the kids loved the indoor pool in the basement. The gym,,,was amazing - full of great equipment for lifting weights and doing other things. The maid service was great and they did a great job! This wasn't the highest tier hotel or anything, but it wasn't overpriced and I think provided us a good value, clean room, amazing location and great for our kids!

Room Tip: Family room on top floor at the corner.

Dear bongo60745,

Thank you for your review posted on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed all services provided. Our aim is to create memorable experiences for our guests and we are naturally pleased if we did so. I have shared your comments with the team on site as they are great asset to the hotel.

Once again, thank you for your review and we are looking forward to welcome you with your family back in the very near future.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

First visit to Le Meridien - being a SPG gold member was allocated a very nice club room on the 2nd floor. It had high ceiling and a large window overlooking Regent stret which was very nice. Location is superb - close to 2 underground stations and the bus station is just out front.
The club room is great if you have kids because the sofa bed extends to become a full size bed so no extra charges.
The only drawback is the club facilities in my opinion. It's rather small and not enough tables at peak hours. The spread for breakfast is also rather thin and I would expect slightly better. Overall, we will return as the location is simply unbeatable.

Room Tip: Join SPG - they can allocate you to SPG member rooms which are typically better
1  Thank dsiewmy

Dear dsiewmy,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Le Meridien Piccadilly and we appreciated your feedback posted on our website.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us and appreciated the hotel's great location within the heart of London. It is always a pleasure to read that our guests have valued the services that we offer. Please be informed that we are certainly taking on board your feedback about the Club Lounge and currently working on improvement opportunities.

Thank you once again for your contribution and we do look forward to having the opportunity to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

This beautiful hotel is centrally located and great for the traveler who would like to see the sights. My husband, myself, and our 13 year old son walked all over the city for 2 days and had a wonderful time! We loved the blend of traditional and modern decor. The club lounge was well stocked and well staffed. The beds were super comfortable - in fact this was the easiest transition we have ever made to a new time-zone, and we travel 2-5 months out of the year. Fabulous experience. We will return!

Room Tip: Stay in a room that gives you access to the club lounge, and you will save on food and drink!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Adelle I

Dear Adelle I,

Thank you for posting your feedback on our website following your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to discover that you enjoyed your stay and appreciated the hotel’s great location in the City Centre of London. I was also pleased to see that you valued all services provided by our associates and I will certainly share your kind comments with the team. I was glad to see that you found the Club Lounge experience very satisfying. Indeed, it is a great benefit for our guests enjoying breakfast, afternoon tea and evening canapés in an unrivalled ambience when booking one of our Club Rooms.

Thank you again, for your review and we do hope that you will continue to make many more pleasant stays here at Le Meridien Piccadilly and Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Fantastic Sunday Lunch, food was amazing, the Prosecco flowed, and the staff were attentive but not in your face - would recommend this to all to try. The live music was an added bonus, again, not too loud, just perfect

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear MrsG1964,

Thank you for posting your comments on TripAdvisor.

I was pleased to discover that you enjoyed your lunch at our Terrace Grill & Bar. I have passed on your kind comments to the Terrace team as they are aiming to exceed customer expectation at all times.

Once again thank you for your contribution and we do hope that you will continue to make many more enjoyable visits to Le Meridien Piccadilly. We are looking forward to seeing you again in the very near future.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Second visit to Le Meridien in London. This trip was a milestone birthday for me. We were upgraded to an beautiful executive suite as Platinum members. On my birthday we came back to find a tray with 3 birthday desserts and Happy Birthday written in icing on the tray. When I went back to the bedroom, I was surprised to find balloon all over the bed.

This is a great place to stay. The hotel has a wonderful staff, great location, and great lounge for SPG members. We were in walking distance of theatres, Buckingham Palace, Thames, Hyde Park, and Harrad's. I wish I could return every year to London and stay here.

Thanks to the staff.

Room Tip: Both times I stayed here the rooms were quiet on street side and back side.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rebecca B

Dear Rebecca B,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on this very special occasion and for posting your review on TripAdvisor.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay celebrating your birthday. I was delighted to read that you appreciated the hotel's great location within the heart of London. It is always a pleasure to read that our guests have valued the services that we offer. I will pass on your encouraging feedback to them as they all are working very hard to make every guest feel special.