“Don't miss the underground spa” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Le Meridien Piccadilly

Ranked #534 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Don't miss the underground spa”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

Of course the location is great, and the the indoor pool and spa are one of the most unique and relaxing you could imagine. The breakfast is luxurious and offers fresh exotic fruits that feels like it was brought from Organic landscapes in South America just a moment a go. And it used to be my favorite hotel in the past. But then every time we came it started to feel older, smelly rooms with old carpets, broken staff, noisy appliances in the room, or broken staff. The prices however stayed the highest. So we moved on.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LEMERIDIENPICCADILLY, General Manager at Le Meridien Piccadilly, responded to this review, 31 August 2014
Dear ron I,

Thank you for posting your comments on TripAdvisor following your stay here at Le Meridien Piccadilly.

It was pleasing to discover that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found your breakfast experience very satisfying. Indeed, we are proud to offer the largest pool in Central London and our Health Club and Spa is ideal to relax after long business hours. I feel sorry to hear about the inconveniences you encountered with regards to your room’s product and I will certainly investigate further on your comments provided.

We are looking forward to welcome you back at Le Meridien Piccadilly in the very near future.

Le Meridien Piccadilly

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (380)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel is very well located in order to visit the many attractions and also has a underground station at the corner. The hotel staff is very courteous. My only negative issue is that the complimentary lobby wifi is very slow and that at breakfast one morning I took ages to be seated.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Richard L,

Thank very much for posting your review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us.

Our aim is to create memorable experiences for our guests and we are pleased if this was the case. All of our associates are working passionately to make all of our guests feel special and I will share your kind comments with them. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed the hotel’s facilities and unrivalled location within the City Centre of London. I have shared your comments about the slow Internet with our IT Manager so that appropriate action can be taken.

Thank you again for your encouraging review and we do hope that you will continue to make many more enjoyable visits to Le Meridien Piccadilly. We very much look forward to seeing you in the very near future.

Lexington, MA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

One cannot argue with the location.

The hotel itself it in an older "quaint" building. Its dark inside but could do with some better illumination. Same applied to the room.

Lounge was decent. Staff was fine.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear MeMyselfNOT_I,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on this platform.

I have taken the liberty to share your comments with the rest of the Management team.

We do hope that you will continue to make many more enjoyable visits to Le Meridien Piccadilly. We very much look forward to seeing you in the very near future.

Dammam, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

The hotel outside looks ancient, classic and huge, but when we entered we found the lobby is so modest and not too much elegant, the first problem we met was that there is no parking in front of the hotel and the taxi driver had to stop in a street beside and we carried our luggages to the hotel, we stayed there for nine days, our room was perfect, it marked as " for preffered guest ", it was large, clean and has two bathrooms, but the furniture was too old except the bed was modern style, so I think all the hotel need refurbishment to update the interior design of the whole hotel to be in a harmony, the great thing in this hotel is its location, it is perfect, and all what you need is surrounding, piccadily square, Regent st., bus stations, underground, coffe shops, restaurants... everything you will find it. our package included breakfast, it was not bad but I think need to has more varities, staff was helpful, we may go there again but only for his location nothing else.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
      Rooms
Dear nabilaaaaa,

It was very pleasing to discover that you appreciated the hotel’s unique location within the City Centre of London. I must sincerely apologise for the shortfalls in product you have experienced during your stay. We always strive to ensure that every guest has an enjoyable time and I was of course very disappointed to see that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion. Rest assured that we are working closely with our Owners to improve our service and product.

Once again, I am truly sorry for any shortcomings you may have experienced and I sincerely hope that this experience will not deter you from choosing Le Méridien Piccadilly or Starwood Hotels for your next visit to London. Please feel free to make your reservation directly through my office and I will be pleased to assist you.

Le Méridien Piccadilly
Amstelveen, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

Although it was not all that bad, Le Meridien Piccadilly did not meet my expectations. I give my overall rating based on similar hotels I stayed at the same price range. The hotel is located in the centre and within walking distance of mayor attractions like restaurants, bars & pubs, musea, shopping streets and Big Ben. The staff was friendly and the room was relatively clean. Plus the hotel offered some extras, like umbrellas or a car service to the airport. Unfortunately they charge for internet access while it should be standard for a €350+ per night hotel. After a word with and email to the manager on duty, the charge was removed from the bill, but still, ... Our room was dark, very small and the bathroom even smaller. Not very convenient for two people and hardly room to store two suitcases. The amenities where to basic for a 5-star hotel. As a Starwood Preferred Guest I requested a late check-out because I planned to have lunch at the hotels restaurant and wanted to fresh up prior to our departure. Although it was promised upon check-in I had an extensive discussion with the manager and was ultimately given 1 hour while I requested half a hour more. Upon check-out I found out that the occupancy was only 68%. Thus in my view no reason to enter into a discussion with your guests and the requested late check-out could easily been granted. We took the 1 hour but skipped our lunch and decided to have a meal at the airport. Thus all in all did I leave with a negative feeling about a hotel that likes to squeeze every penny from their guests (even their so called preferred guests). I would definitely not recommend Le Meridien and will not return to this London hotel. The next time I'll book a hotel for another trip, Le Meridien will not be top of mind anymore.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear GlobalTraveller3_0,

Thank you for taking the time to advise us of your comments posted on our website.

May I offer my sincere apologies for your dissatisfaction with your recent experience during your stay at our hotel.

I was most concerned to learn that our room’s product did not live up to your expectation. I would be delighted to personally assist allocated a more spacious room, perhaps you would be so kind enough to reach out to me directly on a future occasion. I will share your comments about the late check-out charges with our Guest Services so that appropriate action can be taken.
Once more, I am truly sorry for any shortcomings that may have occurred and I sincerely hope that this experience will not deter you from choosing Le Meridien Piccadilly or Starwood Hotels for your next visit to London. Please feel free to contact my office directly and I will be pleased to assist you with your room allocation.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

Like other reviews on this Meridien, location of the is indeed a major asset. Then again, so are many hotels in many location London when Subway is so convenient and everywhere.

Compares to other Meridien properties in Asia, the one in London is really OLD and really not worth the price. It needs an upgrade.

SPG Platinum member only given an upgrade to a slightly bigger room which is quite disappointing. That's probably because Piccadilly area is packed with tourists. IF you needs to clock night, then it is unavoidable. IF you are not SPG members, save your $$ and go somewhere newer and better in London.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Ernie W,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience on this platform.

Our hotel is a historic landmark in the heart of London and opened in 1908 and the rooms may vary in size and views as they do in most hotels in Central London. As such it maintains many of the original features whilst at the same time offering a contemporary look and feel; please accept my apologies for not having met your expectations on this occasion. We are working close with our owning company to look into improvement opportunities on our room’s product and please be assured that your comments will be taken into consideration.

My apologies again for any shortcomings in service you have experienced during your stay. I sincerely hope that this experience will not deter you from choosing Le Méridien Piccadilly for your stay on your next visit to London.

Le Méridien Piccadilly

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

Centrally located in London for shopping, sightseeing, and nearby restaurants. Helpful, friendly staff, especially one doorman who greeted us by name, when returning to the hotel. Very close to the Picadilly Circus station for tube access to other areas of the city. Our room, #219, had a king-size bed and was large, considering European standards. Bath towels are hung on a towel warmer in the large bathroom. A small refrigerator housed beverages, not complimentary, of which we did not partake

The view from our room looked out into the office building next door, so we kept our curtains closed when we were in the room. In-room Wi-fi charges apply, but it's available in the lobby at no charge. One drawback I found was that there was no electrical outlet in the bathroom for dryer or curling iron--signage indicated it was only for electric shaver, which we thought odd. I used my appliances at the desk because there was a large mirror and outlet there.

The restaurant is a beautiful, large, open dining area, with lots of large glass panels that open the view to the outdoors. Breakfast was included in our travel package and there was an awesome selection of typical breakfast foods, including eggs, bacon, sausage, yogurts, salmon and accompaniments, cereals, juices, coffee, tea, breads, and more.

Our stay was comfortable and safe, and we'd definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Room 219 was large and comfortable; had a king-size bed.