“bad sleep quality”

Ranked #531 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Germany
“bad sleep quality”
Reviewed 8 September 2010

stayed here for one night on a business trip and would not come again. the hotel has very old doublewindows that don't close properly so you will have all the noise from the street. the bed sags in the middle and the room was very tiny. i had stopped to count how often i stumbled over my luggage. also you can see that this hotel understands renovation by just painting over everything again and again. just looks ugly and this is not a renovation.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank das_ubersoldat
Pepa2008, Associate at Le Meridien Piccadilly, responded to this review, 9 September 2010
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to post your comments on the Tripadvisor website.

I am sorry to read that you were disturbed by the noise emanating from the street. May I suggest that for any future stays you request a quieter room.

Once again, thank you for your comments and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Le Méridien Piccadilly.

Le Méridien Piccadilly

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (397)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 7 September 2010

We stayed here September 3-6, 2010. I was nervous after some of the bad reviews I read on this site, but it turned out to be a great choice. We asked for a renovated room at check-in and the hotel was happy to oblige. The room was lovely! It looked exactly like the pictures on the website (queen bed w/ gray upholstered headboard, a red arm chair, and dark wood wardrobe, desk, and side tables). It was not large, but basically what I would expect from a standard room in a big city. We were on the 5th floor and had a nice view of a red-roofed church and clocktower. The bed was comfy, no noise at all from the street, and the bathroom was nice. One morning we did hear a baby crying in the next room, but as to people talking or anything like that there was no noise through the walls.

The location of the hotel is fantastic. We're both very busy (and not big planners) so we didn't read any guidebooks or make any plans before we left. Luckily, all we had to do was step out our door, buy a map at the newstand on our block, and we had the whole city at our fingertips. We were able to walk almost everywhere (Hyde Park, the British Museum, the National Gallery, the Tate, etc.) and easily got a cab or hopped on the bus or subway to get to other attractions. The hotel is also a short walk to great shopping and restaurants -- I really can't imagine how the location could be better.

As for the service and amenities, the staff is very friendly and anytime you call with a request they call you up a few minutes later to make sure you got what you needed. The hotel also provides free passes for the Tate, so you don't have to pay to see the special exhibitions (basic admission is free, but the special exhibitions were by far the most worthwhile when we visited). I never looked at the pool or gym, so I can't comment on those.

My one complaint is that, like some other high-end hotels where I have stayed, they charge PER DEVICE for internet access. This is a big pain and causes needless inconvenience and discomfort. I don't mind paying for internet access (although I prefer when it's free!), but to pay 16 GBP per day for each device adds up to an extortionate amount for the average modern family. My boyfriend and I each brought our laptops and blackberries, and in my case my blackberry cell service wasn't working in London, so to access my work email I needed to use the WiFi connection. But to connect two laptops and one blackberry would have been 48 GBP per night (around $75) -- about a quarter of the cost of the room itself! We settled for just connecting one laptop so we could read restaurant reviews and check google maps on the larger screen, but missing my blackberry service was a source of stress I didn't need. I need my blackberry to access my work email, so each day I had to find a cafe with free WiFi before I could see if I had any new work emails. Why put people through this? Just make internet access free, or charge per room rather than per device. This hassle is the reason I can only give the experience 4 stars. Otherwise I think I would have given a 5-star review.

One final note: as to hotel class, Le Meridien Piccadilly looks, feels, and operates like a really nice 4-star hotel, not a 5-star as it is rated. However, the prices are not 5-star prices either (the super fancy places were running about 2-3 times as much when I looked). Whether you pay with Starwood points (as we did) or cash, the value for the money is excellent. I would definitely stay here again, and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kate0614
UK
Reviewed 3 September 2010

We felt that the room was what you would expect in a 4* the bathroom was more a 3* but the staff were a 5*+. Its a great location for sightseeing around central London. The swimming pool was lovely and the breakfast was superb.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jools08
Pepa2008, Associate at Le Meridien Piccadilly, responded to this review, 6 September 2010
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to post your favourable comments on the Tripadvisor website.

We are delighted to learn that you found the Hotel had an amazing location for the shops and Central London’s historical sites also that you appreciated the food, the friendly and professional service as well as the facilities that the Health Club - Le Méridien Piccadilly offers.

Once again thank you for your kind comments and we hope to welcome you back to Le Méridien Piccadilly.

Glasgow
Reviewed 2 September 2010

My colleagues and I were dreading going to the hotel following the bad reviews on Trip Advisor. They couldnt have been more wrong. We stayed for 4 nights and loved every minute of it. Having stayed in several hotels in the London Area in the last year this has been by far the best one. Hotel staff from concerige, reception staff, restaurant staff to the cleaning staff were all extremly helpful and pleasant. Staff at breakfast were always courteous and we even had her toast made for us without asking.
Rooms were the best we have stayed in this year, very spacious and clean. Have booked to stay again in October.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
Pepa2008, associate at Le Meridien Piccadilly, responded to this review, 3 September 2010
Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing to stay and Le Méridien Piccadilly and for taking the time to post your favourable review on trip advisor.

We were elated to read your positive feedback that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you found our facilities very comfortable. We are delighted to hear that our associates are a huge asset to the Hotel and that they delivered Le Méridien Band standards of service to our guests. I have passed on your kind words to all associates.

Once again thank you for your visit to Le Méridien Piccadilly and we look forward to welcoming you back to soon.

New Jersey
Reviewed 1 September 2010

We had a great stay! We had a very large room - the exec suite - which accommodated all 4 of us. We were also in a great location within walking distance of everything. The only exception was the concierge which we felt was not as helpful as we would have liked. Maybe bad time of year with all the tourists.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Pepa2008, associate at Le Meridien Piccadilly, responded to this review, 2 September 2010
Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing to stay at Le Méridien Piccadilly and for taking the time to post your kind comments on the Tripadvisor website.

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at Le Méridien Piccadilly and that you appreciated the comfort and spaciousness of the Executive Suite. Also, please accept our apologies for any shortcomings in service by our Concierge Desk and I have shared your comments with the relevant associates to ensure Le Méridien Brand Standard is maintained.

Once again thank you for your comments and for staying with us. We hope to see you again in the near future.

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 31 August 2010

Spent nine nights and the staff at every level could not have been better. Got great play tickets on a few hours request. Someone was always avaible to give directions or make us a drink. Room service was fast and food was excellent. Location matched the service of the hotel. Nothing could be better. Our room had two seperate bathrooms which was nice. It was room 525, I suggest you request it. I can only assume the complaints I read are from people who travel little or are never happy.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tiburonel
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to post your complimentary comments on the Tripadvisor.

We were thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and it is always wonderful to hear that our associates provide a high stand of service to our guest as they are a great asset to the Hotel. I have shared your kind reviewed with all the associates.

Once again thank you for favourable review and may I take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay at Le Méridien Piccadilly. We look forward to welcoming you to again in the near future.

Your sincerely

Fishkill, New York
Reviewed 28 August 2010

There were several reviews in July that painted this hotel as declining. During our week stay we found the hotel to be a great stay. Our room was normal for a European city [small]. The club room was good and we enjoyed breakfast every day. Service was good and staff was friendly. The concierge was helpful but most of them had limited knowledge of attractions. Location excellent to all London attractions and shows. The underground is right outside the hotel door.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Pepa2008, Associate at Le Meridien Piccadilly, responded to this review, 31 August 2010
Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing to stay at Le Méridien Piccadilly and for taking the time to post your favourable comments in the Tripadvisor website.

We are glad to read that you enjoyed your stay at Le Méridien Piccadilly and that you appreciated the benefits our Hotel has to offer. Also, I am pleased to hear that you found our associates professional and friendly.

Once again thank you for your kind comments and for staying with us. We hope to see you in the near future.