“Still quite good but!”

Ranked #296 of 1,064 Hotels in London
Abu Dhabi
“Still quite good but!”
Reviewed 6 September 2013

I have been staying at this hotel for about 4 years whenever I need to be in Central London. The location is great , the staff very pleasant and the rooms are good enough. However I think the bar area is a little tired now, and the range of draft beers that are available is not really adequate to the average tourist. Also the internet provision needs to be more in line with other hotels as the speed and continuation is not up to scratch.

Anyway that aside , it is still a nice place to stay but with a little more work could be a very nice place to stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
PPSH_12, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes London, responded to this review, 15 September 2013
Dear Valuable Guest,

I would firstly like to thank you for your continued loyalty to Park Plaza Hotels & Resorts, it is always an immense pleasure to welcome you back at our Hotel!

I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I was however, disappointed to hear about your impression of our bar area and internet issues. I am sorry that your stay was marred due to this.

I have forwarded your feedback to the relevant management within the hotel to address immediately.

We all very much look forward to welcoming you back the hotel next time you are in the area.

ktalwar@pphe.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
England
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Stayed recently for one night. The staff were extremely friendly and efficient - nothing was too much bother. The room was on the small side - executive - but clean and with good facilities. It is very close to the Tube Station which was great. We dined in the restaurant - good but not great food, service was excellent. There are fast food places close by. Oxford Street and the Wallace Collection are both within walking distance. Would recommend the Wallace as a great place to see some excellent pictures and furniture in relative calmness and peace. Overall, would not like to stay more than one or two nights, but very good for a weekend - away from the hustle and bustle of some areas and it seems has if it has very competitive rates. So well worth a look!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes Hotel and for taking the time to share your valuable comments about us on TripAdvisor.

The next time you stay with us please email me on ktalwar@pphe.com and I shall ensure a large room is allocated.

On behalf of myself and my team we look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 6 September 2013

I would say that the main feature of this hotel is its location. A few blocks away from Baker St subway station and on a very walkable distance from quite a few attractions. There are a lot of restaurants in the area. I really enjoyed my stay.
The room looks kind of old but they are rather spacious and nice. Bathroom was very nice with a lot of toilettries.
In my room they left as a welcome gift some truffle chocolate. That was a nice gesture from them (it would have been nicer if the card that accompanied the truffles would've had my name instead of someone's elses.... anyway).
There is a bar in the entrance and it seems to be always quite busy. It was the first bar I ever went to in England in which I had to settle for a japanese beer because that was the only lager they had on tap. That is simply strange in England!
I would say that this is a very nice hotel to stay if you are in London.

Room Tip: Stay away from the janitor room, might get noisy in the morning.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your detailed review regarding your recent stay at Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes Hotel.

We are pleased to hear that we were able to fulfil your expectations with regards to the service and the location of our hotel.

All the other points that you have raised will be reviewed immediately.

It was a pleasure to have you at the Sherlock Holmes and we look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you back to the area!

Kind Regards,

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 5 September 2013

An allround exceedingly pleasant stay.

Very attentive staff (withouth being overwhelming and intrusive).

Incredibly helpful concierge.

Breakfast - both in terms of range, quality and service was super. An impromptu and great stay!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your Excellent review.

I am very glad that you have rated the Hotel, the facilities and our team so highly and we will certainly continue striving to deliver excellent service.

I look forward to welcoming you back in a near future.

Regards,

Bournemouth
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I stumbled across this hotel when searching for a reasonably priced hotel within walking distance to Regents Park. The cost was perfect compared to other London hotels and it was only a 2 minute walk away from Baker Street tube station.

On check in staff were helpful and assisted in getting taxi's booked for us for the following morning. Our room was in a perfect location at the back of the hotel, so there was no street noise at all which was excellent. The room was not modernised like the images on the website but this did not bother me that much due to the position and it was clean and well presented.
Breakfasts in the morning were lovely, plenty of variety and very tasty.

Venturing out of the hotel, makes this hotel a good location being close to the tube station and surrounded with reasonably priced restaurants. A 10 min walk in one direction takes you to Regents Park and in the other directions takes you to Oxford Street.

I will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your kind words regarding our service and product were well received and I will be sure to share your review with our team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

With Kind Regards,

Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 3 September 2013

The hotel is very nice and pleasant. The breakfast is not included. It is near the Baker street station in the Bakerloo line. They have brasilians and portugueses working there - very helpful when we need to say some words in our own language. Rooms good enough.I strongly recomend.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Silvia1960999
PPSH_12, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes London, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing valuable feedback on your recent stay at Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes Hotel. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your accommodation, the Location and the hotel and especially our multilingual staff.

We truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you, and we all look forward to your return. Please do reach out to us at ppshres@pphe.com or myself directly at ktalwar@pphe.com when you are next planning a visit to London.
Skåne
Reviewed 2 September 2013

A wonderful hotel, great staff and a very good service.
I just wish that breakfast had been included in the price, but we solved that by eating at one of the local places.
We made a habit of eating at the pub in the hotel since we found that the food was very very good as was the service.
Easy to get around London since Baker street underground is just around the corner, there are buses stopping almost right outside and it doesnt take more than 10-15 minutes to walk down to Oxford street.
I highly recommend this hotell!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes Hotel and taking the time to give us a superb review here on Tripadvisor.

We are very proud to read that you enjoyed our services, location and facilities.

It is most rewarding for us and our Team Members to get such a nice feedback and it encourages us to continue with our work and efforts.

Warm regards,