“Nothing special.”

Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes London
Ranked #307 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I booked this hotel for a really special occasion, I contacted the hotel in advance of our stay to arrange for some champagne in our room upon arrival. I promptly received a reply promising a bottle of complimentary prosecco, chocolates and a late checkout. When I received my e-mail a few days before arrival it confirmed our check out was 12pm not 2pm - I emailed back to confirm it's 2pm and they replied saying no. Eventually I had this late check out confirmed.

We arrived to check in and were told me hadn't booked a rate including breakfast - even though we had! I had a show an email on my phone to prove this, which they requested to forward on from my phone to their e-mail address. Once we were in the room the bottle of prosecco and chocolates were no where to be seen. i emailed the twitter team who flagged this with the hotel and still no prosecco showed up....

The room was tired with bits of paint missing on the wall, the bed felt like it could fall apart at any minute, didn't look like the pictures on the website of a studio room and we didn't have any towels in the bathroom my fiance had to go on a hunt for cleaning staff! Our view was into someone's office on both sides! The room didn't even have bedside tables!

If you are looking for a Park Plaza hotel in the central location go to Westminster or county hall I promise you won't be disappointed, they are simply amazing!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ellalou88
PPSH_12, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes London, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Dear Guest,

It is regretful to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us.
Please accept my sincerest apologies for the disappointment and inconvenience caused.

I would very much welcome the opportunity to make amends for your unsatisfied experience as this is not the norm at the Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes Hotel.

Thank you very much for reaching out to us in these matters and please contact me directly at jsobral@pphe.com should you wish to plan your next visit.

I look forward to your response.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

My third time staying at Park Plaza. Locations is great. Just along the road from Baker Street tube and so close to Oxford street.

Hotel has character and is very clean. Some areas could be freshened up but otherwise I really liked it. Rooms are decent size for London.

All the staff were friendly and welcoming especially during breakfast. Reception and concierge were also really helpful.

Great stay and will definitely be back.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
PPSH_12, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes London, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Many thanks indeed for your lovely comments following your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your return visit so much.

We look forward to welcoming you back to ou Hotel soon. Please let me know when you are planning a return visit to London as I would be delighted to handle your arrangements personally.

Warm regards,
csantos@pphe.com

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes was nothing special. The room was nice and clean. Staff were attentive. Our room key kept playing up and the staff did what they could but everyday for the 4 days we were there it gets quite annoying having to go down and fix it up. But the staff were great and the breakfast was delicious.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank ConnieD29
PPSH_12, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes London, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at our property.

I am happy to hear you found our breakfast delicious with great staff.

I also note your comment regarding the room keys and I would like to offer my sincere apologies for the inconvenience it might have caused during your stay.

On behalf of myself and my team we look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 8 April 2014

I was in london for 5 nights in Feb 2014.
Well to be very honest, my first impression was not so good as when i was guided to my room it was way too small (felt as if i'll hit the wall if i spread my arms yawning), so i had to upgrade my room means instant £40 per night (i.e. £200 for 5 nights) to be paid for studio room.
Studio rooms are nice and spacious facing road on the first floor, but not worth the charge.

The best thing about the hotel is location "Bakers St.", close to Londonn tube station, Madam tusad and even if u have booekd local tours their pickup points are in close proximity. Staff is friendly and helpful. I like the lobby and bar, just except its right on way to entrance.

If your vacation is for leisure and packed with sight seeing, may chose to stay in this hotel. All points to the location.

Room Tip: Look for a deal on studio rooms. For standard rooms you won't be able to justify even to your...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank VarunVerma

Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing valuable feedback on your recent stay at our Hotel. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our Location and you found our staff friendly and helpful.

I also note your comment regarding the size of your room and obviously I want to make sure you are 100% satisfied the next time you stay with us. I am therefore very confident we will have the perfect room for you, from both a space and cost perspective, so please contact me prior to your next stay on csantos@pphe.com so I can personally discuss the various options with you.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 7 April 2014

This hotel is ok.
Friendly and helpful staff made up for the flaws and snags.
A smiling and courteous staff makes ALL the difference in the world.

Marylebone High Street is just some 300 yards away, great area for breakfast/lunch we found.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank MisterCoconut

Dear Guest,

I was delighted to see your review and I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have passed on your good comments to the rest of our team here at the hotel and we all look forward to have the pleasure to welcoming you again in the near future.

Kind Regads,

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Felt strongly to leave a review after only checking out this morning! On arrival last night at the hotel, i was told i needed to provide my bank card to "hold" the funds of the cost of the room. I explained to them that i wouldn't be using this card to pay on check out, that i would be paying cash and they said it was the policy & they had to hold my card details (even though i had provided them previously when i booked on booking.com)
So having checked out and indeed paid by cash, i was told it would take 5 working days to release the funds back onto my card. So effectively i have paid twice and cannot use this money until 5 days time. Absolutely ridiculous !! I have never heard anything like it! So - if you can afford to pay twice, then book here!!

Also, the air con in our room was broken so we had to spend the whole night with the window wide open which was extremely noisy. The finishes in the bathroom were awful, there were many cracks in tiles and a bin was placed strategically to cover up a large brown splodge on the wall - Gross!

I will not be returning!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shelley M
PPSH_12, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes London, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your recent feedback on your stay at Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes Hotel.

It is regretful to hear that we missed the opportunity to create a positive experience this time and I would like to offer you my sincere apologies for the disappointment and inconvenience this might have caused.

I would also like to take this opportunity to explain that we take an authorisation of £25 per room per night in addition to the room charge in order to create a credit on your room account therefore, you are able to post any charges during your stay directly to the final bill.

Please feel free to contact me personally at the email below in order for me to be able to restore your faith in us.

Thank you again for taking the time to let us know of this experience and I do look forward to speaking with you.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Went to the hotel for two nights with my daughter while visiting O2 really nice team quite central to get about, tube station two minutes away. 7 minutes walk to Oxford street. Really clean and good value for money in such a great location. Would definitely use again

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank 84ElizabethC

Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing valuable feedback on your recent stay at Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes Hotel. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your accommodation, the location and the hotel in general.

We truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you, and we all look forward to your return.

Warm Regards,