“Don't Waste Your Money”

Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes London
Ranked #296 of 1,064 Hotels in London
“Don't Waste Your Money”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Room booked for 3 adults - 16 year old daughter, full time education, they insisted she was to pay adult rates. The room had a child 'zed bed' // put you up bed for her - not an adult bed that they insisted we paid for.
Room for 3 - only 1 robe
Room for 3 - only 2 mugs
Faulty hairdryer
No lock on glass bathroom door - no toilet privacy
Asked to speak to manager when checking out - dealt with receptionist lady Chris - to be told that all managers were in a meeting (8am???) and that there was nothing she could do to help me and no one could deal with my complaint !
This I class as poor service and not willing to listen to customers dissatisfaction
I would not bother booking for the 'Sherlock Holmes' factor - absolutely nothing at all to do with it - and they couldn't care less about customer satisfaction !
I would be happy for the hotel to contact me directly to discuss this further - if they can be bothered !

Room Tip: Room facing Baker Street had scaffolding outside of both windows on floor 1
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
PPSH_12, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes London, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent feedback.

First and foremost, I must sincerely apologise that your recent stay was not to your satisfaction. The matters that you have raised are absolutely not indicative of the level of service and quality that we pride ourselves on providing, and I am very sorry to hear that you have had such an experience.
In order to fully investigate this matter, I would ask you to please contact me at csantos@pphe.com to provide me with the name that the booking was under so that I may follow up with the relevant members of upper management.

Thank you very much for reaching out to us in these matters, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely,
Catarina Santos

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I visited Sherlock bar with my fiancée and we had really good time.I would like to thank the Asian barman with glasses to make our time special with some amazing cocktails.I think i will be there again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
PPSH_12, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes London, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting such a lovely review on Tripadvisor.

We are very proud to read that you enjoyed our bar cocktails.
Our staff work very hard so positive feedback such as yours is always a pleasure to read.

On behalf of myself and my team we look forward to seeing you soon.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We booked this hotel for its fair price and excellent location...and it proved to be a good decision. The hotel was very cute, with a nice restaurant/bar located on the ground level that was lively but not noisy. The hotel has windy hallways, which leads to various rooms and give it a homey feel. Our room was located on the mezzanine level and was very quiet, located at the back of the hotel away from the busy road. Our room was spacious and the bathroom was nicely updated. The location was great -- near metro stops, shopping areas, and great restaurants. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The hotel faces a busy street -- we asked for a quiet room at the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jes0217
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent stay in our hotel, for sharing your experience with us on Tripadvisor and for all the kind words about us.

We are pleased to hear that you value our care of our guest. It will be an honour for us to have you with us again during your next stay in London.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back in our hotel.

Kind Regards

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I booked this hotel for a really special occasion, I contacted the hotel in advance of our stay to arrange for some champagne in our room upon arrival. I promptly received a reply promising a bottle of complimentary prosecco, chocolates and a late checkout. When I received my e-mail a few days before arrival it confirmed our check out was 12pm not 2pm - I emailed back to confirm it's 2pm and they replied saying no. Eventually I had this late check out confirmed.

We arrived to check in and were told me hadn't booked a rate including breakfast - even though we had! I had a show an email on my phone to prove this, which they requested to forward on from my phone to their e-mail address. Once we were in the room the bottle of prosecco and chocolates were no where to be seen. i emailed the twitter team who flagged this with the hotel and still no prosecco showed up....

The room was tired with bits of paint missing on the wall, the bed felt like it could fall apart at any minute, didn't look like the pictures on the website of a studio room and we didn't have any towels in the bathroom my fiance had to go on a hunt for cleaning staff! Our view was into someone's office on both sides! The room didn't even have bedside tables!

If you are looking for a Park Plaza hotel in the central location go to Westminster or county hall I promise you won't be disappointed, they are simply amazing!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ellalou88
PPSH_12, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes London, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing valuable feedback on your recent stay at Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes Hotel.

It is regretful to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us.
Please accept my sincerest apologies for the disappointment and inconvenience caused.

I would very much welcome the opportunity to make amends for your unsatisfied experience as this is not the norm at the Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes Hotel.

Thank you very much for reaching out to us in these matters and please contact me directly at jsobral@pphe.com should you wish to plan your next visit.

I look forward to your response.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

My third time staying at Park Plaza. Locations is great. Just along the road from Baker Street tube and so close to Oxford street.

Hotel has character and is very clean. Some areas could be freshened up but otherwise I really liked it. Rooms are decent size for London.

All the staff were friendly and welcoming especially during breakfast. Reception and concierge were also really helpful.

Great stay and will definitely be back.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
PPSH_12, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes London, responded to this review, 12 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Many thanks indeed for your lovely comments following your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your return visit so much.

We look forward to welcoming you back to ou Hotel soon. Please let me know when you are planning a return visit to London as I would be delighted to handle your arrangements personally.

csantos@pphe.com
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes was nothing special. The room was nice and clean. Staff were attentive. Our room key kept playing up and the staff did what they could but everyday for the 4 days we were there it gets quite annoying having to go down and fix it up. But the staff were great and the breakfast was delicious.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank ConnieD29
PPSH_12, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes London, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at our property.

I am happy to hear you found our breakfast delicious with great staff.

I also note your comment regarding the room keys and I would like to offer my sincere apologies for the inconvenience it might have caused during your stay.

On behalf of myself and my team we look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Guest Relations Executive
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I was in london for 5 nights in Feb 2014.
Well to be very honest, my first impression was not so good as when i was guided to my room it was way too small (felt as if i'll hit the wall if i spread my arms yawning), so i had to upgrade my room means instant £40 per night (i.e. £200 for 5 nights) to be paid for studio room.
Studio rooms are nice and spacious facing road on the first floor, but not worth the charge.

The best thing about the hotel is location "Bakers St.", close to Londonn tube station, Madam tusad and even if u have booekd local tours their pickup points are in close proximity. Staff is friendly and helpful. I like the lobby and bar, just except its right on way to entrance.

If your vacation is for leisure and packed with sight seeing, may chose to stay in this hotel. All points to the location.

Room Tip: Look for a deal on studio rooms. For standard rooms you won't be able to justify even to your...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank VarunVerma
Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing valuable feedback on your recent stay at our Hotel. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our Location and you found our staff friendly and helpful.

I also note your comment regarding the size of your room and obviously I want to make sure you are 100% satisfied the next time you stay with us. I am therefore very confident we will have the perfect room for you, from both a space and cost perspective, so please contact me prior to your next stay on csantos@pphe.com so I can personally discuss the various options with you.

Kind regards,