“Poor room planning”

Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes London
Ranked #305 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 4 May 2014

The location is good but otherwise one would be better off staying elsewhere. Here is why
1. Room planning was the worse I ever encountered. Entrance to the bathroom is directly from the room, and the door is made of semiopaque (or semitranslucent) glass. If there is another person in the room this person will not only hear what is happening in the bathroom but pretty much see it as well.
2. The bath is slippery when wet but there is no rubber mat there. After you slip and fall you may notice a sign that the rubber mat is available upon request. Why someone needs to fall first before requesting a mat is a mystery to me. Clearly hotel's priority is not customer's safety but rather saving few pounds
3. The hotel advertises that WiFi is included in the room price. When you actually try to log on you get a message that only 256 kb are free, after that one needs to pay. Clearly deceptive advertising.
4. Hotel that claims to be 4 stars should provide bathrobes. They were amiss.
5. I have yet to see another $350 a night hotel that charges 25 pennies for a printed sheet of paper. The printer was not working anyway however.
In short: there are much better hotels for the money in the same neighbourhood

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank alekseyNewYork
PPSH_12, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes London, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your honest feedback regarding your stay at Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes Hotel. It is regretful to hear that we missed the opportunity to create a positive experience for you and I would like to offer you my sincere apologies for this.

I can assure you that your experience is far from what we intend to offer to our guests and I do hope to be able to welcome you back at the Hotel in a very near future.

Next time you stay with us please email me on csantos@pphe.com and I will ensure we exceed your expectations.

Kind regards,
Guest Relations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,502)

Reviewed 3 May 2014

We booked four rooms for us and our adult children, their partners and our granddaughter to celebrate my 60th birthday. The hotel is in a great location for sightseeing and walks in the Park. The rooms also good. We dined in the restaurant on the first night and the food was excellent. The one thing that makes this hotel outstanding are the staff who are just so friendly and helpful but also very efficient. Couldn't fault the welcome and service we received.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
PPSH_12, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes London, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that you and your family had a satisfying stay with us on such a special occasion.

It is great that you could take such good use of our central location and specifically you could appreciate our excellent food.

I have passed on your good comments to the rest of our team here at the hotel and we look forward having the pleassure to welcome you again in the near future.

All the best,

csantos@pphe.com

Reviewed 28 April 2014

This hotel has a great location on Baker Street near the Baker Street underground station which has connections to 4 different lines. The staff here is very nice, and the rooms are great as well--high ceilings, tvs with internet capabilities, and nice showers. Although it is a bit pricey (as are all hotels in London), my wife and I felt that it was a great value.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
PPSH_12, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes London, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your Excellent review.

We are very proud to read that you enjoyed our services, location and facilities.

It is most rewarding for us and our Team to get such a nice feedback and it encourages us to continue with our work and efforts.

On behalf of myself and my team we all look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights with my 80yr mother. Was very very impressed with the staff and the hotel. Everyone was very polite and friendly. The room we stayed in was a great size for London standards and very clean and tidy....I have stayed in some hotels in London that were supposed to be " a good hotel" and this one beat them easy....will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: April 2014
PPSH_12, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes London, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent stay in our hotel, for sharing your experience with us on Tripadvisor and for all the kind words about us.

We are pleased to hear that you value our care of our guest. It will be an honour for us to have you with us again during your next stay in London.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back in our hotel.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 21 April 2014

I stayed at this hotel,over the Easter weekend with my girlfriend. Excellent rate for London and very convenient location. The staff were all very pleasant and helpful. The room was clean, cozy and comfortable. The corridors meander and this gives a feel of having nooks, which I quite liked at it felt more homely. The bar service was excellent and the bar food very good. However, the breakfast was outstanding with lots of choice and very well priced. Overall I was very pleased with the standard of the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
PPSH_12, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes London, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Many thanks indeed for your lovely comments following your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit so much.

We look forward to welcoming you back to ou Hotel soon. Please let me know when you are planning a return visit to London as I would be delighted to handle your arrangements personally.

Warm regards,
csantos@pphe.com

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Room booked for 3 adults - 16 year old daughter, full time education, they insisted she was to pay adult rates. The room had a child 'zed bed' // put you up bed for her - not an adult bed that they insisted we paid for.
Room for 3 - only 1 robe
Room for 3 - only 2 mugs
Faulty hairdryer
No lock on glass bathroom door - no toilet privacy
Asked to speak to manager when checking out - dealt with receptionist lady Chris - to be told that all managers were in a meeting (8am???) and that there was nothing she could do to help me and no one could deal with my complaint !
This I class as poor service and not willing to listen to customers dissatisfaction
I would not bother booking for the 'Sherlock Holmes' factor - absolutely nothing at all to do with it - and they couldn't care less about customer satisfaction !
I would be happy for the hotel to contact me directly to discuss this further - if they can be bothered !

Room Tip: Room facing Baker Street had scaffolding outside of both windows on floor 1
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent feedback.

First and foremost, I must sincerely apologise that your recent stay was not to your satisfaction. The matters that you have raised are absolutely not indicative of the level of service and quality that we pride ourselves on providing, and I am very sorry to hear that you have had such an experience.
In order to fully investigate this matter, I would ask you to please contact me at csantos@pphe.com to provide me with the name that the booking was under so that I may follow up with the relevant members of upper management.

Thank you very much for reaching out to us in these matters, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 17 April 2014

I visited Sherlock bar with my fiancée and we had really good time.I would like to thank the Asian barman with glasses to make our time special with some amazing cocktails.I think i will be there again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
PPSH_12, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes London, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting such a lovely review on Tripadvisor.

We are very proud to read that you enjoyed our bar cocktails.
Our staff work very hard so positive feedback such as yours is always a pleasure to read.

On behalf of myself and my team we look forward to seeing you soon.

Warm regards,