The location is good but otherwise one would be better off staying elsewhere. Here is why
1. Room planning was the worse I ever encountered. Entrance to the bathroom is directly from the room, and the door is made of semiopaque (or semitranslucent) glass. If there is another person in the room this person will not only hear what is happening in the bathroom but pretty much see it as well.
2. The bath is slippery when wet but there is no rubber mat there. After you slip and fall you may notice a sign that the rubber mat is available upon request. Why someone needs to fall first before requesting a mat is a mystery to me. Clearly hotel's priority is not customer's safety but rather saving few pounds
3. The hotel advertises that WiFi is included in the room price. When you actually try to log on you get a message that only 256 kb are free, after that one needs to pay. Clearly deceptive advertising.
4. Hotel that claims to be 4 stars should provide bathrobes. They were amiss.
5. I have yet to see another $350 a night hotel that charges 25 pennies for a printed sheet of paper. The printer was not working anyway however.
In short: there are much better hotels for the money in the same neighbourhood
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional Regency-style Hotel situated 200 yards from Baker Street tube station & convenient to West End. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes London reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes London Hotel London
- Park Plaza London
- London Park Plaza