“Great location, always a bit of treat to stay there”

Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes London
Ranked #304 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I really like this hotel. Staff are welcoming and always eager to help make the stay as hassle-free as possible. Quality of the rooms is good with comfortable beds, but the air conditioning/heating system available is a little odd in as much as if the room is too warm in the winter then you have to switch it off as it will only blow warm air... Apart from that, big screen LCD TV, reliable wi-fi, nice desk, plenty of wardrobe space, all make for a nice stay. Breakfast room is small but there's a great choice at the buffet. Some of the bathrooms in the rooms are a little tired and the shower cubicles can be cramped but given the location, overall quality of stay, staff, and price I always enjoy my time at this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Tobster_Irl
PPSH_12, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes London, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent stay in our hotel, for sharing your experience with us on Tripadvisor and for all the kind words about us.

It is always fabulous to read when our guests have an excellent stay and thank you for recommending us. We all look forward to seeing you soon.

Kind Regards

Guest Relations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,502)

Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

I've stayed here 3 times in the past few weeks for business reasons. It's a handy location, and a very decent rate for central london.
Downsides first: this hotel is in sore need of a refurb. Some rooms are tired, and small rooms are a bit too warm. Food choices are a bit limited. Breakfast room is small.
Now for the good points. And there are plenty! Yes, rooms are getting tired, but the style and quality of fixtures are still great. Pay the extra £20 and upgrade, bigger rooms are superb, quiet and very well appointed. The best feature of the hotel has to be the staff. I'm a regular park plaza/radisson guest, and this hotel really does have a great team in place. Examples for me: left my phone charger behind, kept securely, followed up with calls, and returned on my next visit at my request. Greeted by name at the desk on my 2nd and 3rd visits. Bar staff remember my tipple of choice (and my football team). No request an inconvenience, and despite some tired tiles here and there, cleaning and housekeeping are immaculate. I expect this standard, but it's nice to get the standard with a smile and a warm approach to guests.
I know there are better hotels where I can earn my points, but I like this one. I'll be back.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank CharlotteMummery

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on Tripadvisor. We were all delighted to know that you had a wonderful experience with us and that we managed to provide exemplary service your entire stay.

I hope that we will have pleasure of your company next time you are in town. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Fabulous location, great staff and service, lovely rooms!!

Just spent three nights at the hotel, and was thoroughly impressed. The staff actually make this hotel, they are very helpful, polite, friendly and all requests are dealt with promptly and efficiently. The rooms are very comfortable, and after a long day sightseeing the beds are an absolute dream!!!! I would highly recommend this hotel to others. An added bonus is location location location!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Pratima T
PPSH_12, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes London, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear Guest,

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience at Sherlock Holmes Hotel.

Our customers are paramount to us and I am heartened by your kind comments regarding the staff and service you received at the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back to ou Hotel soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 4 May 2014

The location is good but otherwise one would be better off staying elsewhere. Here is why
1. Room planning was the worse I ever encountered. Entrance to the bathroom is directly from the room, and the door is made of semiopaque (or semitranslucent) glass. If there is another person in the room this person will not only hear what is happening in the bathroom but pretty much see it as well.
2. The bath is slippery when wet but there is no rubber mat there. After you slip and fall you may notice a sign that the rubber mat is available upon request. Why someone needs to fall first before requesting a mat is a mystery to me. Clearly hotel's priority is not customer's safety but rather saving few pounds
3. The hotel advertises that WiFi is included in the room price. When you actually try to log on you get a message that only 256 kb are free, after that one needs to pay. Clearly deceptive advertising.
4. Hotel that claims to be 4 stars should provide bathrobes. They were amiss.
5. I have yet to see another $350 a night hotel that charges 25 pennies for a printed sheet of paper. The printer was not working anyway however.
In short: there are much better hotels for the money in the same neighbourhood

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank alekseyNewYork

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your honest feedback regarding your stay at Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes Hotel. It is regretful to hear that we missed the opportunity to create a positive experience for you and I would like to offer you my sincere apologies for this.

I can assure you that your experience is far from what we intend to offer to our guests and I do hope to be able to welcome you back at the Hotel in a very near future.

Next time you stay with us please email me on csantos@pphe.com and I will ensure we exceed your expectations.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 3 May 2014

We booked four rooms for us and our adult children, their partners and our granddaughter to celebrate my 60th birthday. The hotel is in a great location for sightseeing and walks in the Park. The rooms also good. We dined in the restaurant on the first night and the food was excellent. The one thing that makes this hotel outstanding are the staff who are just so friendly and helpful but also very efficient. Couldn't fault the welcome and service we received.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
PPSH_12, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes London, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that you and your family had a satisfying stay with us on such a special occasion.

It is great that you could take such good use of our central location and specifically you could appreciate our excellent food.

I have passed on your good comments to the rest of our team here at the hotel and we look forward having the pleassure to welcome you again in the near future.

All the best,

csantos@pphe.com

Reviewed 28 April 2014

This hotel has a great location on Baker Street near the Baker Street underground station which has connections to 4 different lines. The staff here is very nice, and the rooms are great as well--high ceilings, tvs with internet capabilities, and nice showers. Although it is a bit pricey (as are all hotels in London), my wife and I felt that it was a great value.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
PPSH_12, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes London, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your Excellent review.

We are very proud to read that you enjoyed our services, location and facilities.

It is most rewarding for us and our Team to get such a nice feedback and it encourages us to continue with our work and efforts.

On behalf of myself and my team we all look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights with my 80yr mother. Was very very impressed with the staff and the hotel. Everyone was very polite and friendly. The room we stayed in was a great size for London standards and very clean and tidy....I have stayed in some hotels in London that were supposed to be " a good hotel" and this one beat them easy....will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: April 2014
PPSH_12, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes London, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Guest,

We are pleased to hear that you value our care of our guest. It will be an honour for us to have you with us again during your next stay in London.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back in our hotel.

Kind Regards