“Best Location, and Service”

Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes London
Ranked #294 of 1,068 Hotels in London
San Francisco, California
“Best Location, and Service”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

What a delight it was, to visit London with my 15 year old, and to stay at the well known establishment of Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes hotel. The hotel is centrally located to the Underground, as well as historical attractions. Each day we set out on a new adventure. Coupled with Booking.Com and Viator, Tripadvisor brought our vacation/my birthday celebration, up a notch, most definitely.

We highly recommend the Park Plaza to all tourists, vacationers and business people alike. The excellent customer S\service, particularly by one most attentive Receptionist Ms. Ines De Fotso, made us feel welcome and informed. Thank You again,
Angela Rouede, San Francisco, CA USA

Room Tip: Go for a larger room, if possible. We upgraded, and would have been satisfied with the smaller room...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank angela r
PPSherlockHolmes, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes London, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Dear Guest,

I am really happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you for acknowledging the excellent service you received all round from the team, in particular from our receptionist Ines. We are all thrilled to see you had a brilliant stay.

I am glad to hear that you also took advantage of our great location and all of its surroundings.

We all look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 14 July 2014

My wife and I stayed here for a few nights on our honeymoon. We were delighted with the location, amenities, and above all service - and would unreservedly recommend this hotel for travellers looking for reasonably priced accommodations in a very central location.

First and foremost, the service was top notch. Booking and check in were handled seamlessly, despite potential complications (as the hotel stay was actually booked for us as a wedding present, we were concerned there would be issues given that we were not the ones to make the reservations). Not only was check in smooth, but we were even given a complimentary upgrade and arrived to find a nice treat of chocolates, wine and a lovely greeting card. Needless to say this was a very nice touch. Full credit to the staff, especially Catarina!

Location is fantastic. A very short distance from Paddington Station (and only blocks from Baker St. station), the hotel is well situated. It's very central and close to transit hubs, yet far enough from the truly dense and busy areas around Oxford St, etc. Since this was far from our first time in the city, we knew exactly how to navigate our way around - but even if you have never visited London, it is extraordinarily easy to get around from the hotel.

Many dining options are in the immediate vicinity, and the hotel restaurant downstairs (Sherlock's) is also fantastic. I've stayed in enough places to have become disillusioned with many a hotel restaurant, but in this case the food and service were top class.

Finally, on to the room itself. While by no means expansive, our room was perfectly fine for two people. With older (original?) wooden floors contrasting with a very modern bathroom, the room has quite a bit of character. Amenities such as cable TV and internet (both wifi and ethernet connections) are included. A point here - though wifi/internet is almost de rigueur nowadays, what was nice here was the speed of the network. All too many places offer internet that, while free, barely works. Not the case here, which I suspect is especially important for business travellers reading this review. The only half-complaint (and it is incredibly minor) I would have about the rooms is the frosted glass sliding door to the bathroom; while my wife and I had no issues, I could imagine some people may have modesty issues with it. All told a very minor point.

Overall, my wife and I had a fantastic stay at the Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes. The location and amenities were great, and above all we received incredible service that well exceeded expectations.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Derek W
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic review!

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and found that all aspects of your stay met your expectations. I have shared your comments with our team at the hotel and they really appreciate your kind words.

Thank you very much for choosing the Sherlock Holmes hotel in such a special occasion and we all look forward to seeing you soon.

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This is a lovely hotel although a little rough round the edges. The reason for this is that it is currently going through a face lift. I am sure when this is complete it will be fabulous. It is very clean and the staff are lovely. Position of the hotel is great for Oxford Street, and Madam Tussauds is a quick walk away. The tube is just across the road so you wont struggle to get anywhere really.
A lovely old building with wonderful creaky floorboards. I would stay there again anytime.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Daisymay2014349
PPSH_12, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes London, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your glowing feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I am very glad that you have rated the Hotel, the facilities and our team so highly and we will certainly continue striving to deliver excellent service.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

Yours sincerely,

Clare, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Booked a stay here to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Upon arrival the greeting was very friendly we checked in and because our room wasn't ready went exploring. When we returned our room was ready, it was clean and comfortable and a very good size the bathroom was big with a good size bath in it. We went to the bar area, again all the staff were really friendly nothing seemed too much for them. Without me telling them the bar staff knew my name and used it which I thought was a good personal touch they also remembered straight away what drinks we were having so we didn't have to ask again when one of the bar staff finished her shift she came up to us said goodbye and that she hoped we had a good evening. The next morning she saw us and made a point of saying hello. We decided to eat in the hotel the food was exceptional well worth it I had the steak it was so tender and cooked exactly how I liked it there was no long wait between courses although they didn't try to rush you either.
The next morning when we checked out it was quick and easy I have stayed in other Park Plaza hotels in London and have had to queue to check out, there was none of that here. I said when we were checking out that this was the best Park Plaza we have stayed in in London they did ask if I said that every time but the answer is no I genuinely mean it.
Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes there is no mystery as to why the stay was so good its the little things like the friendliness of your staff thank you very much for a lovely stay we will definitely be coming back again very soon and I would recommend this hotel to anyone who has a trip to London planned.

Room Tip: We upgraded to the executive room it only cost a bit more but I believe was well worth it
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
PPSH_12, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes London, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review here on TripAdvisor.

I am always pleased to read that a guests stay has exceeded expectations, as it seems the case for you on this occasion!

I am also pleased to read that all the staff was able to leave a most pleasant and lasting impression upon your departure.

We look forward to seeing you again!!

Redditch, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Booked here for our wedding anniversary getaway, but with kids in tow (4 1/2 year old and 4 month old). The staff were wonderful, really couldn't do enough to help and the Hotel was clean and tidy at all times. The food was great and the lounge areas very pleasant after a day in the town.
All in all a great hotel and will most definitely be back

Room Tip: Rooms not facing onto Baker Street will be quieter
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

I am so pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us, specially while such a special occasion. I am also delighted to read that you found our lounge confortable and you also had the opportunity to enjoy our great food!

Should your travels bring you back to London again in the future, I do hope you stay with us again at Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes.

Warm Regards,
Stockton Heath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I stay here with colleagues every April for work event. Excellent location, great meeting rooms, bar and restaurant etc....
Hotel is a short walk from Baker Street tube station, which is just 15 mins from Euston Station.
Lots of nice bars and restaurants nearby.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Hearing that your experience with us at Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes was so enjoyable, I would like to thank you for sharing your comments here on TripAdvisor.

I look forward to welcoming you again in the near future and do sincerely appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Excellent location within a minute of Baker St underground and 10 min walk to Oxford St for shopping. Set right on the heart of Westminster and close to all major attractions in addition to a few nice restaurants near the hotel. I sprung for an upgraded room which was well worth the money, large bath, good size living area, the bed was really comfortable however let down by the air conditioning which was far too hot and could not be adjusted any cooler. Staff were nice, helpful and very well presented. Next time I stay in London Sherlock homes will be at the forefront of my mind.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to write a comment regarding your stay at Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes.

I am delighted to read that you had a most enjoyable stay. Our location, a short walk to Oxford Street is indeed extremely useful when looking to do some shopping or take in the sights of London.

We do look forward to welcoming you again!

With kind regards,