“A well earned family trip.”

London Marriott Hotel Regents Park
Ranked #301 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Macclesfield, United Kingdom
“A well earned family trip.”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We have just returned from a 3 night stay at this wonderful hotel and have thoroughly enjoyed our stay. I had booked another hotel initially and am so pleased that I changed my mind!! I contacted the hotel before arrival and spoke to a wonderful gentleman on the phone who had actioned my requests on our arrival. We had a slight hiccup with our room on the first night and were moved straight away without question. Room was big, comfortable and well equipped. Breakfast had everything and more. Hotel facilities were fabulous, from the leisure facilities to the executive lounge and in a fabulous location. All staff we encountered were a credit to the Marriott group. What more could anyone ask for.... we have found our preferred London bolt hole. Thank you for making our stay perfect.

Room Tip: Noise in room 502 needs to be addressed.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Tony O, General Manager at London Marriott Hotel Regents Park, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your fantastic review of the London Marriott Hotel Regents Park and for awarding us top marks for every aspect of your stay. It was our pleasure to look after you and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you once more for your comments and feedback and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back on your next visit to London.

Warmest regards from the team at the London Marriott Hotel Regents Park

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (357)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We stayed for 5 days as a family. During the stay we were impressed from very good, frendly service of concierge-desk staff. Quick check in/check out. Good room service. Located near Swiss Cotage station.

Room Tip: my room has all needed and was good located, 4th floor near elevator
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive review of the London Marriott Hotel Regents Park. We are so pleased that you liked the hotel. Thank you for your kind comments regarding our concierge team, front desk service and room service which we have passed on to the entire team.

We hope you and your family had a wonderful time in London and we hope to welcome you all back soon.

Oslo
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 5 days as a family of four and thanks for the excellent service from all in the staff, and especially all in the concierge-desk. The service is at the level of a much more expensive hotel.

The Hotel is situated near Camden Market and close to the underground.

We can warmly recomend this Hotel!

Best regards

Terje Andersen

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Mr Andersen,

Thank you very much for your excellent review of the London Marriott Hotel Regents Park and for awarding us top scores. It is very rewarding to receive such positive comments and especially those regarding our staff and the service they deliver which we have passed on to the entire team.

Thank you once more for your review and for recommending us to the TripAdvisor community. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

TEL-AVIV
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I came back to the hotel after 15 years. The area changed for the best and the neighbourhood is nice. Hotel has remnovated and managed extremely efficiently . Rooms are large clean dand breakfast is plentiful. Highly recommended for thos who have money and like to enjoy a less expensive restaurants than in the center.
Transportation is good with the Jubillee line

Room Tip: They change prices on the net so wait for an opportuninity
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding the London Marriott Hotel Regents Park and for choosing to return to the hotel after 15 years! We are delighted that you were pleased with the hotel; thank you very much for the recommendation.

We hope you had a brilliant time in London and we hope to welcome you back on your next visit to the city.

Ash, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Good value for money. Lovely clean room. Hotel staff very helpful & Daniel Harry on reception was superb. Would definitely stay there again as it is so close to theatreland and London Zoo. My friends and I would recommend this hotel to anyone thinking of staying.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Pamela B
Tony O, General Manager at London Marriott Hotel Regents Park, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear Ms Pamela B.,

Thank you for your very kind review of the London Marriott Hotel Regents Park and for your recommendation. It was a pleasure having you at our hotel and I am very glad that you and your friends enjoyed your stay with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind regards,

Daniel
Front Office Host
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 17 April 2014

We'd hoped that by spending the money on a chain hotel we'd at least get decent service and a reliable, clean room in which we could have a good night's sleep close to St. Pancras & our early morning train Alas, it was not to be at the Marriott Regent's Park.

You do get all the trappings you'd expect in a run-of-the-mill Marriott in North America -- 24-hour reception desk, full bath, on-site restaurants, recent renovation, pool, etc. But there were a couple of unfortunate surprises lurking behind the facade:

- The service -- no follow-through. On check-in, I noted that my husband was joining us late at night, and would need to pick up a key at reception. The hotel associate said this would not be a problem as long as I wrote his name on top of my reservation form so the front desk would note it, and if he had his passport (which he did). Yet when he arrived at midnight the front desk refused to give him a key. He had to call my cell and wake my daughter and I up to get into the room.

- The maid service. When we arrived in the room and I went to the washroom, I went to throw something away, opened the trash can, and found someone's used sanitary products in there. Otherwise the room appeared clean, but...eww. Just...eww.

- The loud party. We were on the third floor. The late-night party was on the ground floor, I imagine. However, we could hear the bass thumping and conversations late into the night. Apparently the hotel is an acoustic wonder? How was I hearing this three floors away?

- The beds. They're on wheels that aren't locked. If you're a kid: Whee! If you're an adult, it's a nuisance. I guess it makes it easier for the staff to vacuum? (Can't think why else...)

- The wifi. There isn't any in the rooms, unless you want to pay $30 a day. After spending $500 for the night, why should they expect you to spend an additional $30 for the wifi? True luxury hotels do not do this.

- And one last service issue: If you're a foreigner, they will try to charge you in your home currency, which is a sneaky little trick called dynamic currency conversion, in which the hotel and its bank take a 3-4% markup over the Visa/MC exchange rate and split it amongst themselves. I know they'd respond with "Our guests love the convenience, blah, blah", but it just seems like they're trying to nickel and dime their guests. You will almost certainly pay less by paying in GBP and having Visa/MC do the conversion -- even if your bank charges you a foreign currency conversion fee on top.

Summary: Over the years, I've stayed in both luxury and more budget hotels in London. I've done far better in London than the $500/night I paid for my room at the Marriott. (Even the pension-type places empty the trash before the next guest.) This stay would have been disappointing even if I'd paid the $120 this room would have gone for in North America. I can't say I recommend this hotel. I just didn't get the feeling that they were putting their guests first.

2 Thank OffTheBeatenPath
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the London Marriott Hotel Regents Park.

We are truly sorry to read that you were disappointed with your stay at the hotel and apologise for the inconvenience caused. Since we are not able to locate your booking based on the information given in your review, we cannot accurately respond to all your comments, including your feedback about your husband’s check-in experience, noise from a party and the servicing of your room. We would be very grateful if you could respond to our private message with the details of your booking so that we may investigate these issues. Please rest assured that the disappointing experiences which you describe do not reflect the usual levels of service at the London Marriott Hotel Regents Park and we sincerely apologise for these.

In the meantime, we would like to take this opportunity to respond to the points you raise in the second part of your review. Wi-Fi is currently offered complimentary in the lobby, restaurant and bar, while it remains chargeable in the guest rooms, unless it is part of a room package. This charge is in line with many hotels and chains of a similar level in London and the UK. We appreciate your feedback on this subject and will be sure to escalate this to our head office. Thank you also for your feedback regarding the beds. We are currently reviewing our beds and bedding packages so it is very beneficial to get your view on how we can improve our product. Finally, the hotel’s exchange rates are fixed by the third party company which Marriott UK employs. We display these rates clearly on the reception desk and guests are welcome to choose whether they prefer to pay in GBP or in another currency. It is certainly not our aim to trick our guests so we apologise if this was the impression you received.

Our goal is to deliver the best guest experience possible and your feedback is very valuable in helping us to address areas of our product and service which require attention to better meet your needs in the future. We truly hope that you will be able to respond to our private message so that we can ensure that the points you raise in your review are addressed and resolved.

Thank you once more for your review and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in order to showcase our usual high standards of hospitality.

Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Comfortable pillows, a clean room and good value for money only go so far, at this hotel the staff stand out and make each stay so enjoyable. I have stayed at the hotel 7/8 times now and I wouldn't stay anywhere else in London. On my most recent trip I met a gentlemen named Pablo who was working in the executive lounge. Pablo could not have done more to make me feel comfortable, at ease and happy in the executive lounge. His attitude to customer service was one that I wish I could bottle and take with me wherever I go. I have no idea what they pay him, but they should double it! In addition to that the other staff are fantastic, they were flexible in providing me a meal for lunch that wasn't available usually until the evening, the barman remembered my drink of choice from the day before, the receptionists and concierge are all so helpful and happy. I wouldn't only recommend staying in this hotel, I'd recommend getting an executive room and spending some time being taken care of by Pablo.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a view over London... the views are spectacular.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Tony O, General Manager at London Marriott Hotel Regents Park, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear Mr. Tossell,

Thank you very much indeed for your warm words regarding your stay at the London Marriott Hotel Regents Park. It is always a pleasure for us to do our best in order to provide the best experience for all our guests. Your words make us stronger and more confident in our pursuit of providing excellent customer service and in order to make our hotel feel like your second home.

Thank you very much and we hope to see you back in the near future!

Yours sincerely,