“Terrific service great personnel”

London Marriott Hotel Regents Park
Ranked #305 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Leesburg, Virginia
“Terrific service great personnel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

We had a terrific stay at the Marriott Regents Park, largely due to the great staff. Walter the concierge was exceptionally helpful and professional. The front desk staff also were very accommodating and helpful in coordinating a better room for us than we had reserved. The staff in the Executive Lounge were great, friendly and prompt in refilling the foodstuffs. It's a wonderful location, for a reasonable price,a M&D very nice rooms. I definitely will return on my trips to London.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Tony O, General Manager at London Marriott Hotel Regents Park, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear ‘M. B.’,

Thank you very much for your excellent review of your stay at the London Marriott Hotel Regents Park and for your kind words regarding the service you received from my colleagues and me. Our priority is to provide high quality service to our guests so it is very encouraging to read your positive comments, and I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Best regards,

Walter
Concierge Porter

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (350)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed here for 3 nights in June. It was a nice location and felt safe. There is a school across the street. The Swiss Cottage Tube Station is a short walk away. The Executive Lounge was a plus as we enjoyed breakfast here every morning and the selection was plentiful. In the evening they offered wine, beverages, cheese and crackers and sweets. We always ended our long days of site seeing relaxing in the lounge and watching the World Cup games. The gentleman who tended to the lounge in the evening was very attentive and did a fantastic job of keeping food stocked and tables cleaned. You can tell he took pride in his job. Kudos to him! When we got to our room upon checking in there was an envelope on the desk addressed to someone else. My husband took it to the front desk. Two mornings later there was an envelope addressed to a different person stuck under our door. It appears they were one floor off. That too we returned to the front desk. The room we were put in wasn't the room we paid for. The woman at the front desk said we should have had a room with a bigger balcony. The balcony off of our room was very small. I doubt we would have gone out even if we had the room with the bigger balcony. The concierge was very helpful with directions and arranging for a taxi on our departure day. I arranged for a wake up call, which I received. Also a little while later I received a call from the front desk double checking I received our wake up call. Very nice! We'd definitely would stay here again!

• Stayed June 2014
Tony O, General Manager at London Marriott Hotel Regents Park, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your very kind review of the London Marriott Hotel Regents Park. It is wonderful to read that you were pleased with the hotel and that you would stay with us again. We really appreciate your positive comments regarding the Executive Lounge, concierge and front desk which we have passed on to the team.

We are truly sorry that there was some confusion regarding the envelopes and your room type as you mention. This is not the service that we strive to provide at the London Marriott Hotel Regents Park and we apologise for the disruptions. We are keen to investigate exactly what happened in order to improve our services and we would therefore be very grateful if you could find the time to respond to our private message with the details of your booking.

Thank you again for your feedback. We hope you and your family had a brilliant time in London and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to the city.

Warmest regards from the team at the London Marriott Hotel Regents Park
Swansea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

I have stayed at Marriott Regent's Park many times - there is quite a choice in London, but the location is good (Jubilee line straight through to central London). The main reason I keep returning here is the staff. All the people who work in this hotel are so friendly, supportive and just plain nice, that I always feel welcome. In many senses, it feels like a second home, and this is largely due to the wonderful people who make guests feel so welcome.
If you stay here, it will be a good choice. The restaurant is nice, too.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Tony O, General Manager at London Marriott Hotel Regents Park, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments regarding the London Marriott Hotel Regents Park and for your loyalty. It is very encouraging to hear such comments about our team and we are so pleased that we can make you feel at home in our hotel!

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to welcoming you back for many more enjoyable stays.

Kindest regards from the team at the London Marriott Hotel Regents Park
Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

Stayed Mon to Thurs this week. Great location meant a pleasant walk through the park to Baker St every day. I was given a large corner room with a big terrace on 5th floor which was good. Internet was excellent. I really can't get used to hotel bathrooms which still have shower curtains but that seems to be a UK thing but its hardly classy.
Ate in the restaurant on first night (called Zaike or similar?). Indian set meal was pretty poor. Onion Pakora served with a side of ketchup - that was a first! small main course of lamb Methi Ghosh was average. service was slow considering everything was pre-cooked. I wished from the first minute of sitting down that I'd eaten out.
Breakfast was even worse! it was chaos. I ate at 10 one morning and 7 the next and both times it was shambolic. In the end I had to find the supervisor to advise her that 4 people had been waiting 10 mins to be seated )despite empty tables) and that glasses were needed so people could get a juice. unfortunately the supervisor wasn't that bothered - just seemed like she was marking time until the next job. I stay in London a great deal but the crappy restaurant staff here mean I won't stay here again even though I tend to frequent Marriott's. a shame.

Room Tip: 5th floor corner is great
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank HungoverAgain
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay at the London Marriott Hotel Regents Park. We are delighted that you enjoyed the location of the hotel and that you were very pleased with your corner room; thank you for your positive comments.

We were, however, sorry that you were disappointed with our food outlets. We usually receive great feedback about our Zaike NW3 Indian restaurant and the restaurant team, and we sincerely apologise that you did not experience our usual high standards. Your feedback has been passed on to management who have also addressed your concerns with last week’s breakfast supervisor.

Thank you again for your valuable comments and feedback. We hope that our location and rooms will bring you back to the hotel in the future, allowing us the opportunity to restore your trust in our hotel and the Marriott brand.

Best regards from the team at the London Marriott Hotel Regents Park
Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed 5 nights.
The hotel is very close to 2 tube stations. Swiss Cottage on Jubilee line is 8 min walk and Chalk Farm on northern line is 12 min walk. We found Chalk Farm more convinient with less need for changing lines.
The hotel is in a very elegant neighbourhood called Primrose Hill wich is quite safe to walk late at night. There are also very nice restaurants and pubs nearby.
Rooms are clean, beds are comfortable and if you are not too tired a nice indoor pool.

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank alternatif
Tony O, General Manager at London Marriott Hotel Regents Park, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your excellent review of the London Marriott Hotel Regents Park and for awarding us top scores! Thank you also for providing useful information of the local area and public transport in your review. It is very convenient indeed to be located between two underground stations as you mention. The closest station, Swiss Cottage, is 1/3 of a mile (500m) from the hotel on the Jubilee line which travels directly to Baker Street, Bond Street, Wembley and Westminster; while Chalk Farm station on the Northern line offers direct connections to St Pancras, Leicester Square and London Bridge.

We hope you had a wonderful time visiting the city and we hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kindest regards from the team at the London Marriott Hotel Regents Park
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Excellent location. Rooms were refurbished and comfortable but a tad tiny. However, this is London what do you expect. Close to tube station so convenient to travel, cabs also easily available. Pricey but then this is London . We had 2 rooms , was with family. Lovely city, excellent vacation.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Tony O, General Manager at London Marriott Hotel Regents Park, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for reviewing your stay at the London Marriott Hotel Regents Park. We are delighted that you found the location of the hotel convenient for your holiday in London and that you had an excellent time in the city!

Thank you once more for your review and we hope to welcome you and your family again in the future.

Best regards from the team at the London Marriott Hotel Regents Park
Vienna, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

My wife and I stayed here for four nights in May 2014. We had a rather large room on the seventh floor, with a nice view and curtains that opened with an electric switch. The room and bathroom were always clean and the coffee-making facilities were excellent.

I had left my electric converter and adapter plugged into the wall above the desk by accident, and the Assistant Housekeeper Palwinder Khela very kindly and efficiently had them mailed back to me in the U.S.A. I just paid the cost of postage for this service. All of the staff we encountered were polite and helpful at all times, and I can't understand why some people have complained about this in the past.

We did have one all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet in the hotel, and I thought it was excellent. I had stayed at several London Marriott hotels, and this breakfast seemed to be just as good as others we have had.

I used the heated pool and sauna/steam room each morning. The shower/changing room facilities were fine, and I only wish that a hot tub/spa could be added to their pool area to make it 100% perfect.

We used public transport and taxis while going around London. From the Swiss Cottage Underground Station this hotel is only about 7 minutes walk away. The neighborhood itself is nice and safe at all hours. It looks like an excellent place to actually live, if you can afford it. Regent's Park is close by, and an IMAX cinema is near the station. So we enjoyed our stay here and will probably return in November. Thank you.

Room Tip: Higher level rooms would be more quiet.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Tony O, General Manager at London Marriott Hotel Regents Park, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear Mr Dennis O.,

Greeting from the London Marriott Hotel Regents Park; thank you for choosing to stay with us for your recent stay.

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write a review and I am glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us. In regards to the hot tub, I have forwarded your feedback to higher management.

Once again thank you so much and I look forward to welcoming you again in November.

Kind Regards,