“Everything you expect 4 stars”

London Marriott Hotel Regents Park
Ranked #300 of 1,075 Hotels in London
Reviewed 8 July 2010

Rooms are fine and clean. Staff generally friendy, but some smal details drop it to midlle class. When I ask they deliver to more coffee to our room, lounge guy (not receptionist) write it down and nothing happens and such little things. Food and drink is expensive but its to be expected this class hotel. In total its a good place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family

Reviewed 8 July 2010

This might get long! Checked in for a long weekend with our kids at 10PM, and asked for a non-smoking room. Sorry sir...we have none left. I have a Marriott silver card and my profile says non-smoking. I have no objections to other people smoking, but not in my vicinity please. I told the receptionist this was not acceptable and played the "I have a silver card, doesnt that get me any priveleges?" card. (Without that card, she was clearly going to tell me to sod off). She went into the back office to talk to someone (who didnt have the courtesy to come out, I must add), eventually coming back to tell me the best they can do is a king size suite, but still on the smoking floor and the would guarantee to move us the next day. Now I got a bit mad and she implied, then quickly retracted that because I had a special rate, I could not presume to get non-smoking!! They offered to show the room first, and although the floor itself reeked of smoke, the room was just about okay, but only had a flimsy sofa bed for the kids.

Next day I confirmed in the morning we, and our luggage, would be moved when we got back. Of course sir. On returning the room was indeed changed but of course the luggage was missing. Cue lots of discussions between porters, concierge, reception and me standing there like a spare part. Maybe 20 minutes later the porter who was sent to find the luggage reappeared and I asked him what was going on...oh we put it in your room 15 minutes ago. WELL COULDNT YOU LET ME KNOW!?!?!?!?

Anyway, apart from some annoying service issues, the hotel itself is actually pretty good for London (and I have stayed in a few bad ones over the years!). Weekend was full of families with kids. The room was quite large, although our bed was a bit soft. Assuming the Jubilee line is actually working it is an easy tube ride into London. The food (breakfast and dinner) were of a good standard, and the place is not overly priced (for London!).

Would I stay there again? Probably, but I'd need a guaranteed non-smoking room!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2010

Having stayed at numerous Marriotts around the world, I would rate this location in the upper quartile. By London standards, the price is reasonable. The hotel is set in a leafy area north of Regent's Park, near the Swiss Cottage Underground station on the Jubilee line. The quality of the furnishings and their standards of upkeep are above the Marriott norm (and above the London norm as well). The hotel rated five stars on cleanliness, and was kind enough to grant us a check out extension on our last day. You would not travel to the hotel as a destination in its own right, but it certainly is a pleasant enough place to stay. I would have liked the hotel more had it offered free or low cost Internet access. GBP 15 per day is a bit steep, and the prices in the business center are no better.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2010

Balconies you can't use, a swimming pool you can only use 2/3 of and false impression on location!

However, good sized rooms and if you don't wish to stay centrally, probably not a bad choice.
Only connected via Jubilee line which was out of service and rail replacement buses took over an hour to get to Oxford Circus from where the hotel is located.

Not much of a neighbourhood of restaurants/ bars etc. - more residential.

I wouldn't recommend for doing business in central London, but hotel is fine!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 June 2010

Its very good place to stay, just they have to provide free internet service for all the rooms.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 June 2010

The hotel is situated in the calm location in Zone 2. I find it a great value for money, being very near to central London but still relieving you from the high prices of Hotel in Central London. Rooms are spacious. Staff is really polite. Gym is nice. Swiss Cottage tube station is just 2 minutes walk from the hotel. Day & Night buses to and from Central London to the Finchley Road Bus Stop, just 2 min walk from the hotel.
I didnt find the room service too great. It costs you 3 pounds to get a fork in your room. Yes, they will charge you 3 pounds for every service in room. The restaurant menu isn't too great, and not at all good for vegetarians. They really need to improve on their breakfast buffet.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 June 2010

we'd stayed in the hotel for a day, but didn't really find the hotel great. The rooms were small, service was poor, parking was a problem.
whatever u ask for from the room service, they'll take ages to get it. The staff was not very friendly either. The good thing about thehotel was, their Beds were very comfortable.

overall we were not happy with the stay.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family