“The friendliest hotel I've stayed in in London for years”

London Marriott Hotel Regents Park
Ranked #306 of 1,064 Hotels in London
Preston, United Kingdom
“The friendliest hotel I've stayed in in London for years”
Reviewed 11 August 2010

My stay at this hotel has been superb. The entire Hotel team were excellent, from check-in when I needed help as I'd forgotten my toothpaste, to concierge who found me a fantastic restaurant to eat in, to the attentive bar staff who served me an Americano with a homemade cookie. To top it off, Jinei on reception organised me access to the fantastic Executive Lounge and even had the access key delivered to my room. The bed was extremely comfortable and I think I may be inspired to buy one for my house!
The Hotel is a stone's throw from the tube station and a 5 minute bus ride led myself and a colleague to the delights of Camden Town. Next time I stay in London, I'll be heading for this hotel, for sure.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (353)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Essex
Reviewed 9 August 2010

Convenient location for Camden and Primrose Hill. Clean, quiet room and good service. We didn't eat in the hotel and avoided breakfast because that was very expensive. Instead we walked down towards Primrose Hill and had a very good cooked breakfast in a cafe which was half the price.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sportyneil
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Reviewed 31 July 2010

My husband, teenage daughter and I stayed here for 3 nights and would stay again. The location is not bad for sightseeing London.. .Metro stop nearby hotel. The room was quite comfortable for the 3 of us, with good quality bedding. Unfortunately, the outside of the hotel does a disservice to the inside. The exterior is in desperate need of repair and updating, while the inside is very well done, clean and attractive. The location is not the best for London sights, but not bad at all - a few extra Metro minutes. We didn't mind at all. The staff/concierge was very helpful. The only negative with the room was the bathroom was not ventilated ( I noticed there was no ventilation fan or A/C vent) and although was quite clean, it did not 'smell' clean.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank monaco42
Tampere, Finland
Reviewed 31 July 2010

We stayed at the London Marriott Hotel Regents Park for two nights.

We booked through Priceline and upon arrival, we were given a smoking room, which was not so pleasant for us non-smokers. The room absolutely reeked of smoke and even the walls were turning a bit yellow. We had to keep the windows open all day and night because of the overwhelming stench. Otherwise the room and bathroom were fine.

The staff were friendly and professional and really apologetic that they could not offer us a non-smoking room as none were available at the time.

The location could be better, in fact calling it Regent's Park is a bit pushing it in my opinion, as the actual park is nearly a mile away from the hotel. The location is not central by any standards. Nevertheless, Swiss Cottage is a nice and safe residential area away from the main tourist crowds and where you see regular Londoners.

Transport connections were also a downside of the location as the Jubilee Line tube at Swiss Cottage was closed due to engineering works during our whole stay. The replacement bus rides took ages to get anywhere from Swiss Cottage so we often went to Chalk Farm in Camden to catch the tube from there.

Overall, considering the cheap rate we paid, the stay was ok, although a bit marred by the unpleasant room. Nevertheless I think there are better areas to stay in London.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 27 July 2010

On the day we arrived the great service began. We had arrived early and though they did not have a room available they we nice enough to take all our luggage to a separate place so we did not have to look around town with them. They had to make several trips and each time they did it with a smiling face.

I shared a room with my sister, a 2 double beds, and the rooms are surprisingly large for an European hotel room. Each day the rooms were cleaned though they did not see that we had run out of tissues though it was not a big deal. They do have housecleaning that can come in from 8 am to 6 pm but if you prefer they come in at a certain time they only ask that you give them a heads up. We had no problems even though we did not specify (we left at around 8:30 and didn't come back until 8pm on most days.)

Our parents' room's AC didn't work properly but they fixed it they day they were notified and promised a replacement room if they couldn't. We had an inclusive breakfast which is buffet style and has everything you will need. If you don't get the breakfast included I would recommend you go to the little cafe just 2 minutes away. It is by the library building right of the rock climbing walls. Fantastic for a much smaller price.

The location is pretty good, only around 25 min away from central London but we arrived on the weekend and the Jubilee and Metro... something lines were down and we hadn't known ahead of time so we were very lost from a bit. The Swiss cottage area is very quiet and has few restaurants so I would suggest eating else where before returning. The Hotel food is great but expensive.

The fitness center is equipped with many cardio machines and though quite small met my needs. The pool, though I didn't go in, is a good size but does not go very deep.

Another note, the tall, hot pink flower center piece in the lobby is horrendous but don't be afraid, it does not carry on into the rest of the hotel

I hope this was helpful to you all.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Lucky_Girl1990
Alexandria, VA
Reviewed 25 July 2010

The London Marriott Hotel Regents Park is an oasis of comfort and tranquility in a residential area of North London, situated nearby Regents Park (natch) and close to the famous Abbey Road recording studio. It is clean and comfortable, staff are most helpful and solicitious, and the full breakfast buffet is outstanding if somewhat pricey (however one can opt for the less expensive cold breakfast buffet, which also is good). We stayed for about a week with a two-day sidetrip, during which we looked forward to returning to our "home away from home" at the Marriott Regents Park. The Swiss Cottage underground stop is an easy walk, as are lots of stores and restaurants along Finchley Road. Lodging costs in London generally are more expensive than in the U.S. (but nowhere near as dear as in Paris!), but you get what you pay for, so if you want to stay somewhere in London with business-style amenities that's comfortable and convenient, the Marriott Regents Park is a great choice.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 13 July 2010

This was an average hotel in its cleanliness and accomodations. The hotel caters to business travellers and not families. The pool was restricted to children throughout the day during the week and the window of availability was not at all accommodating or flexible. We had to walk through the lobby to get to the swimming pool which was not convenient and inapproperiate.
We found the location convenient to the subway which allowed us easy access to travel around London and see the city.
We would recommend this hotel to a business traveller, but not a to a family on vacation.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family