US$324
US$221
US$198
galahotels.com
2,160 results
All reviewsoxford streetst christopher's placegreat locationwallace collectionbond stdeluxe roomnespresso machinelovely hotelrooms are smallhotel barcentral locationcontinental breakfastwest endfew minutes walkafternoon teaan upgradehyde park
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We went here for a change as it seemed very good value and a great location. On arrival staff were nice, our room made us laugh as it was so small...however cleverly and nicely decorated and was clean, we weren't in the room for long so size did not bother us. The bar staff were great and the barman made us an amazing Chocolate cocktail. Our stay was spoilt when after shopping we left a Hugo Boss bag in the room with an unopened scarf my husband bought me was taken from our room, along with the receipt which was with other and would have to been looked for, none of my other bags were taken. I know I shouldn't have left the bag out, I was out of the room early and my husband also didn't think to hide anything. I have lived and visited in London over the last 20 years and have never come across theft, ever. I was told by housekeeping she didn't know what she could tell me, her girl doesn't remember a bag and is crying however once I mentioned Police I was called very quickly by the MOD, helpful, non committal and refunded me the cost of my scarf to our room as we had to leave before the store opened to replace my scarf. I would never stay here again, theft spoils tourism for cities and London is great and has so much to offer, but do not go here, if its cost a premier inn may not be as beautifully decorated but they may screen staff better but I would pay a bit extra from now on and stay in the better hotels. Sad end to an otherwise lovely anniversary weekend.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank K27414
PhilipMenke, Operations Manager at The Mandeville Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2015

Dear raymonds457,

Many thanks for returning to The Mandeville Hotel. Your review is much appreciated, and I am delighted you had an enjoyable stay with us. The team and I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

With kind regards,

Philip

Reviewed 25 April 2014

We love afternoon tea and so I thought I would try the Mandeville for a change. I must admit I was not impressed with the decor very dark and dingy! The service was excellent and our waiter was wonderful kept topping our glasses up! Unfortunately the sandwiches let them down! The bread was not nice and not much filling unfortunately. The bonus was that the cakes were wonderful though so that was good. Also the tea was great. The waiters did not rush us so that was nice but when we left there a little bit "tiddly" we were still hungry so ended up going for dinner! That has never happened before to us as we are always so full after Afternoon Tea. Such a shame.

Room Tip: Did not stay here.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Chrissy1615
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

Our choice for the Mandeville was basically because we were running out of choices, as the hotel was more expensive than we wanted to pay. However, the location is simply great, bedrooms are extremely comfortable (we had a chance to see 2 of them) and staff is very friendly. Internet is great as well and bedrooms are equipped with Nespresso machines, which was awesome! The only possible drawback is the price of breakfast, but there are plenty of options nearby, such as Costa or Starbucks, so no one needs to pay almost £18 per person to have a nice cappuccino.

Stayed: April 2014
Maurice Fabian S, Manager at The Mandeville Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear Giselle F,

Greetings from the Mandeville Hotel.
Thank you very much for taking the time to share some details about your experience with us.
It's a delight to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our attentive team pampered you throughout your stay.

We hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

I booked this hotel because of the location which did not disappoint me. Although the rooms are small it is fine for a couple of nights and really great value for money. They are nicely put together and clean. The bathroom was almost as big as the bedroom itself.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Tigger1013

Dear Tigger1013,

Greetings from the Mandeville Hotel.
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback with us.
The team was delighted to read about your experience and is looking forward in welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Stayed for 2 days. Great location for London shopping and sightseeing. Deluxe room was very nice and spotlessly clean, but a bit small. Bed was very comfortable. Walk-in shower was very nice. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was great - upgraded to full English. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Les P

Dear Les P,

Greetings from fabulous London.
Thank you for choosing the Mandeville Hotel for your most recent visit to London and for taking the time to share your feedback with us.
We are very fortunate to be located nearby some of London’s most exciting shops, art galleries, museums and the charming and unique Wallace Collection.
Our rooms do vary in size, maybe one of our Junior Suites would give you that little bit extra, including a sitting room with its own guest cloakroom.

We are looking forward in welcoming you back.