“Great little boutique hotel”

The Mandeville Hotel
Ranked #189 of 1,082 Hotels in London
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Booked this hotel very very last minute (about 3 hours before we checked in). I saw the hotel on a booking website then went to the hotel's own site which was both a 1/3 cheaper and gave us free breakfast and wifi. The location is fab, just few minutes walk from oxford street/ regents street. Staff were really friendly and professional. The room we had was a little small in my view but as we were only sleeping there and out more than we were in, we didn't worry. Breakfast was good and free which was great.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,110)

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Stayed there about a year ago and the rooms were great. Location, hotel quality and a great concierge. Upgraded to the slightly larger rooms so size and cleanliness of the rooms were excellent. Only place that needs improvement was breakfast. Our rate had breakfast included but it was very poor. It was a business trip so needless to say, I left for work hungry and picked something up along the way.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank CBalciyan
Reviewed 18 July 2014

The Mandeville regrettably represents everything that is wrong with "luxury" central London hotels. It's rooms are overpriced, cramped, and, in my personal experience, ridden with bedbugs (*reaches down to scratch yet another originally small spot on his leg breaking out into a big red blister*) It's phones are barely working, wifi slow and unreliable, and it's £17.44 "continental breakfast buffet" is pitiful at best. What topped it for me was the reaction from the disdainful receptionist when I reported the bedbugs - "do you have any proof of that, Sir?" After briefly considering stripping down in the reception, I instead reached for my phone, and through this I hope to prevent anyone else from wasting their money on this rubbish.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
12  Thank endrelunde
Maurice Fabian S, Director of Sales at The Mandeville Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear endrelunde,

We are sorry to hear of your disappointing experience at the Mandeville Hotel.

With regards to your comment regarding “Bed Bugs” we would like to state that the hotel is pest free and has been at all times. The room question was checked immediately an independent pest control unit on your departure and again the following morning, it was certified that on both occasions that the room in question was pest free.

A copy of both reports, are available upon request.

In regards to your comments regarding breakfast and technical items, I would kindly ask you to contact me directly on nbb@mandeville.co.uk in order to clarify that all matter are addressed.

Once again, please accept my sincerest apologies.

I look forward to hearing from you

Kind Regards

Neil Bainbridge
Director of Sales and Marketing

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Mr.[--], indicated that we was terribly "sorry" BUT that is the policy. POLICY. 55 MINUTES. I REPEAT, IT'S A POLICY!!!!

I can't comment on the hotel but I do have a sense that if their policy is any indication of your stay you are well served to look at other properties. No doubt they will reply and you will get the "blah blah" of POLICY. Here's my POLICY - it's called the benefit of the doubt for the 55 minute delay.

Help send a message to Mandeville and consider another hotel option. I love Trip Advisor because it helps shape stupid policies like this by having consumers elect NOT TO BE VICTIMS.

The Hotel General Manager is [--]. I asked to speak with him but was told he doesn't speak with guests on these matters. "Would you like his email?", I was asked. NO THANKS MR. [--] I HAVE TRIP ADVISOR.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
6  Thank Joseph H
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Did lots of research before deciding which, of thousands, hotel to stay in when husband and I went for a shopping weekend in London. The Manderville was mid range value and ideally located near Regent Street, Oxford Street, New Bond Street and Marylebone High Street. Also within a few minutes walk from the bars and restaurants at Christopher Place. We booked directly as we found it was actually cheaper than using hotel discounting websites. The hotel didn't disappoint and I would happily recommend it to anyone looking for a place to stay. The room was large, light and fully equipped with espresso machine, gowns, slippers, etc. The shower was great and the bathroom very clean. The room also had a decent "proper" hair dryer. We arrived at 9.30am and fully expected to leave our luggage but our room was ready and we were allowed to check in early. Everyone at the hotel was friendly and helpful. I will certainly be staying here again.

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with friends for a night. We were attending a party on park Lane. It was fab from start to finish. Great comfortable room. Value for money charming staff and I particularly liked the coffee machine in the room. Nice touch

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 July 2014

It's in a price range that's not too hard on the budget when you want a hotel just yards from Oxford St.
Of course the rooms are small but very comfortable and nicely equipped with complimentary nespresso machine. "Doors" to the bathroom are a bit funny though.

It's quiet in the evening from the busy city outside. However the soundproofing of the rooms might need a touch.

The continental breakfast is boring but it'll fill you up 'till later :)

Room Tip: Got a room facing the little courtyard and that's probably more quiet than those facing the stre...