The Mandeville Hotel
US$187
Agoda.com
US$203
2,162 results
All reviewsoxford streetst christopher's placegreat locationwallace collectionbond stdeluxe roomnespresso machinelovely hotelrooms are smallhotel barcentral locationcontinental breakfastwest endfew minutes walkafternoon teaan upgradehyde park
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I visited here last November - so its taken a while to review but after recommending it this week i thought I should!

we had the afternoon tea here and the free flowing bubbles just added to the great experience. The venue is funky but oldschool as well - the tables are laid perfectly - one of my favorite settings for tea!

Food was great as well - and the quirky "gentlemans tea" was a nice alternative to the usual!

Great place and reasonable prices just off oxford street!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We spent a very relaxing night in this very simple and easy to get to hotel, just outside of Bond Street tube and loads of nearby restaurants and shopping. Room was clean and air conditioned and service and staff very helpful

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GrahamV54
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I stayed at the Mandeville for a last-minute business trip in July 2014. I was in a standard room, which was well-outfitted but a little on the small side. The wifi reception was patchy, fading in and out, and the desk was quite small. The bed was comfortable.

The best part of this hotel is the location. It is a short walk (3 minutes?) from Oxford Street, and about 20 minutes from Picadilly and Green Park. There are any number of small restaurants nearby, and the Bond Street metro station is about 2 blocks away.

The hotel room was quiet, but there is construction going on outside and it can get a bit noisy. Very positive is that the windows open slightly to let in the fresh air.

The hotel does not have a business centre, and the reception area lounge is too small for business meetings where privacy is needed. I must also say that the hotel website gives a much more sophisticated image of the hotel than the reality.

The staff did its best to help out in all respects: excellent and prompt service.

I did not eat breakfast there, so can't comment on that.

All in all, excellent value for money. I recommend this hotel for travellers visiting London / Mayfair for tourism. It is not suitable if you are visiting for business that will be conducted in the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank PhilipAtticus
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I chose this hotel after deliberation with other hotels in the neighborhood, but am delighted with my choice! I picked it for its independence from the standard chain hotels, and for its location.

The Mandeville hotel is located in a perfect location. It is 5 minutes walk to the ever popular St Christopher's Place (where I had my birthday dinner), and is also ideally located for my hospital appointment the next day. It is very close to Bond St tube station, and Oxford st shops.

I booked a twin room, and was impressed with the quality of everything in the room, and all the extra touches they offer in the room. The beds were super comfy and were like a giant hug. Top quality linen as well. There was sufficient space in the room. Ok, the view outside the room wasn't great, but I wasn't there for the views! Plus, it is Zone 1 London.

I loved the sweet touch from the hotel of a birthday plate of small cakes as part of the turndown service. This was a big highlight for me.

Continental Breakfast was delicious and fresh. No need to upgrade to Full English, as there was plenty of choice.

All the staff were very friendly, and chatty.

My 1 comment however, is that I don't understand why I need to hand over my card details 3 times. Once to guarantee the booking online. Twice, to guarantee check in and holding value. Third time to pay. It's a little frustrating, perhaps more noticeable for me based on health situation. This blip wouldn't stop me from staying here again, and again. Absolutely adorable hotel, with impeccable service, in a prime location!!

Highly recommendable.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank High-Flier-Kiwi
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Booked this hotel very very last minute (about 3 hours before we checked in). I saw the hotel on a booking website then went to the hotel's own site which was both a 1/3 cheaper and gave us free breakfast and wifi. The location is fab, just few minutes walk from oxford street/ regents street. Staff were really friendly and professional. The room we had was a little small in my view but as we were only sleeping there and out more than we were in, we didn't worry. Breakfast was good and free which was great.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple