“Faultless for the money”
Review of Blandford Hotel

Blandford Hotel
Ranked #426 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 10 October 2011

Spent a very comfortable night here after entertaining clients late into the evening in town. Showers hot and powerful, bed extremely comfortable and location unbeatable for Baker St area. Only criticism would be that the rooms are very small (I had a basement room) so take that into account. At less than £100 for the night in central London though I think it's very good value indeed

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank vedev
CapricornHotels, General Manager at Blandford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2011

Dear valued guest

We thank you very much for your review on The Blandford, and are glad to note that our facilities were able to ensure that you had a good night’s sleep after entertaining your clients. We look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed 8 October 2011

Had a very good overnight stay here. Room small but comfortable and cosy. Single bed very roomy. The staff were helpful, the breakfast was good and the hotel's closeness to Baker Street Tube Station and Madame Tussards makes visiting this part of London so much easier to arrange. Also the safe in the room was useful and great for peace of mind. I would happily stay here again. The only slightly negative thing was my room faced the fire escape stairs so if I had a longer stay, I would want a nicer view but for an overnight stay it was fine. And despite Marylebone Road and all its hustle being only minutes away, I barely heard anything from my room. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 October 2011

We recently visited our son at school in London and just wanted to be close to Regents Park. I read the reviews on Tripadvisor and we were very pleased with our accommodations. The hotel is perfectly located on a side street close to the Baker Street subway station which is a convenient large station. Tour buses stop near the subway station also. Quite a few reasonable pubs and restaurants in the area also. Front desk was always pleasant and helpful and the folks in the breakfast room were very nice too. We had room 7 which is just off the lobby and was a nice size but if you are bothered by any bit of noise you should ask for a room on another floor. They held our bags for us the first morning and checked us in around noon which was nice. All in all a very lovely small hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 September 2011

We had a great experience here. Staff was always friendly and helpful, both the front desk and during breakfast. We found our room very comfortable and roomy by European standards. Good location near the Baker Street underground station, but on a quiet side street.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
CapricornHotels, General Manager at Blandford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2011

Dear valued guest – Thank you very much for your positive review on The Blandford. We are happy to read that once again our location and staff worked well to ensure that your stay with us was enjoyable. We now look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 21 September 2011

i was visiting solo and new to London. I found the single room extremely small but that appears to be standard.The staff were extremely helpful providing advice and directions with endless patience. the location is terrific, restaurants near by, tube etc. I felt safe and comfortable eating out on my own. the "taxi" ordered to take me to the station was some private connection with no meter. not appreciated as I felt I was overcharged for a very short trip.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business

Dear valued guest – thank you very much for taking the time to review The Blandford. Our staff are happy to ready that your stay with us was enjoyable, and our location is very quiet and peaceful appealing equally to solo travellers like yourself as well as families travelling through London. We are sorry to read about your experience with the taxi company and will be looking into this further.

Reviewed 14 September 2011

We got a great deal on a room here by paying in advance; I wish we had stayed longer, as this hotel was a much better value than many other London properties. The location is wonderful: just a hop, skip and a jump to the Baker Street tube station. The surrounding neighborhood is very nice, and you can pretend you're in a Sherlock Holmes story with ease. The room was tiny, as many London hotel rooms are, but quite clean and beautifully decorated in a modern Neoclassical style. The bed was pretty comfortable, and the shower worked well and didn't slop any water on the floor like most European showers. The safe was big enough to stow a small laptop.

I was worried when I found out our room was in the basement, just opposite the breakfast room, but the noise wasn't bothersome at all: you could hear some china clinking if you listened, but I don't think it would wake or disturb most people. (And the servers there can be pretty loud with the china.)

The breakfast was just okay, so if it's not included in your room price, I would go out rather than paying the extra to eat in the hotel. The breakfast-room staff were a little stern: they dictate where you sit, and are strict about bringing you your tea rather than letting you pour it yourself, so the atmosphere was a little tense. But I'm oversensitive to that kind of thing. I would also have preferred the hours to be later: the breakfast ends at 9 am on weekdays, and 9:30 on weekends, which is a bit early for vacationers. Note: they do have nice hot chocolate you can have as an alternative to tea and coffee, if you ask.

The desk people were super-nice, and stored our bags for us the entire day. The reception is 24 hours, so we went to see a play, and then caught a late-night bus to the airport. The desk guy even pointed out the lobby WC to us when we came back to collect our things, which was quite useful. Note: the Easy and National Express buses to Stansted Airport pick up just a couple blocks away on Gloucester Road, so the hotel's location is great for that.

Room Tip: Don't freak out if your room is in the basement: the breakfast noise probably won't bother y...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
CapricornHotels, General Manager at Blandford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2011

Dear valued guest - thank you for your review on The Blandford. We are particularly happy with your candid comments on our lower ground floor rooms which are the largest and well lit in the hotel. We look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed 10 September 2011

I stayed in Blandford together with my mum for 3 days. Yes, the room was small and the breakfast at times crowded but that didn't really matter to us!

The hotel has a great locaion. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was very good. The rooms are clean and nice. I've seen that many people has complained about noise from the street - we did't have that problem at all. We heard the traffic but still slept like babies.

We found several restaurant just around the corner from the hotel, and also a small supermarked.

We had a great time, and I think I'll use this hotel the next time I'm going to London :)

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
CapricornHotels, General Manager at Blandford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2011

Dear valued guest – thank you very much for your kind comments. Our staff are pleased to note that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.