Blandford Hotel
US$215
US$188
galahotels.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbaker street tubegreat locationmarylebone high streetregents parkquiet streetcontinental breakfastsmall hotelfriendly hotelsingle roomtea and coffeefresh fruitmin walkair conditioningcomfortable roomwould definitely stay here againnight's sleepshort stay
Reviewed 9 April 2012

We stayed 3 nights at the Blandford. Room was updated, clean, with a nice bathroom. Good full English breakfast included. Friendly, helpful staff. Would have been helpful to be able to store our luggage there the previous day, but was not available. Good location in Marylbone with tube station just down the street. Within walking distance to shopping on Baker and Oxford Streets.

Room Tip: Be sure to check parent website (Capricorn Hotels) for specials.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank proudWImom
CapricornHotels, Front Office Manager at Blandford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2012

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the Blandford Hotel.

I am delighted to read that you liked our cooked English breakfast and appreciate our good sized and fully equipped rooms. This complimented with our highly rated customer service and fantastic location makes Blandford an ideal place to explore London.

We do have space to store luggage incase our guests arrive early or want to leave their luggage for a couple of hours after they have checked out but as you’d appreciate for safety and security reasons we normally don’t keep it for one day prior to arrival unless it’s informed to us well in advance but I sincerely apologise for any inconvenience that this may have caused.

I look forward to welcoming you back at the Blandford hotel soon.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

The location is worth every penny...I was just 5 minute walk from my daughters college. With
the 2 tube entrances..you can get almost anywhere in London. The rooms are small but your
not in London to stay in a hotel room. The hotel is very clean and the breakfast is excellent.
I was there for 6 nights and never thought of leaving for the price. If I return to London, I will
stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
CapricornHotels, Front Office Manager at Blandford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2012

Dear Michael V,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your very valued feedback following your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed your break with us in London and that we ticked the right boxes in terms of ambiance and location which is unbeatable.

We now look forward to welcome you back at the Blandford hotel.

Sam Yousf.

Reviewed 11 March 2012

The Blandford is a very nice small hotel just off Baker Street. Every time I come to London for business, I stay there. Great location for business, shopping and sightseeing; two tube stations are in 2 minutes walking distance.
Single rooms are quite small, but we're in Central London after all, and the hotel building is a traditional town house, so what do you expect?
Rooms and bathrooms are clean and well-equipped. The staff is really friendly and very helpful. A pity that internet access has to be paid.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Diana2178

Dear Diana,

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback following your recent stay with us in March.

It’s wonderful to read that such a regular traveller as yourself rates us so highly. We are always especially delighted to read comments from our repeat guests, and hope that we will remain your first choice for your stays in London. On the internet access we have now introduced free Wi-Fi for 1 hour per day for all our customers.

I sincerely hope to welcome you back to The Blandford Hotel.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 7 March 2012

Perfect for a one night business stay. Very well-located, with lots of restaurant choices nearby. The room I had on the top floor, was cosy, but very clean and quiet. It also had a very nice bathroom with a good shower. A nice addition was individual AC controls, which is unusual in this price bracket. The bed was very comfortable, but the pillows were not so plump. Breakfast was excellent, with a wide choice and really thick, good quality bacon! The staff were very friendly and accommodating. I would definitely stay here again for a short stay.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for your kind comments about your recent stay at the Blandford hotel.
I am delighted to read that you were very happy with your recent stay with us. As you rightly mentioned, our location is ideal for a visit to London, be it business or pleasure. All our rooms are designed with modern standards of comfort and our English breakfast is so popular with all our guests.

We very much hope to welcome you back again very soon.

Reviewed 5 March 2012

I've been 3 nights in room n.12 (first floor). The location is very good: about 200m from Baker Street Underground Station and close (5mins by foot) to the bus stop for Luton airport.The room is too small for a couple: there is only a small wardrobe for 1 person and no space to store luggages. This kind of room would be fine for one person but absolutely not for 2. The bed was enough comfortable. The room was clean, even if the carpet was really worn out. Breakfast was quite fine, but on Saturday and Sunday breakfast time is until 9.30am, other hotels give it until 10.30-11.00am during the weekends. A/C in the bedroom was not always working and the last night the hot water of the shower was not working.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Axel_VI

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for writing review about the Blandford Hotel. I would like to reassure you that we take all our guest comments very seriously. Whilst I am delighted to note that we fully met your expectation in terms of service and location I am sorry to read that you were not happy with your room size.

We have a range of rooms here at the Blandford from standard to Executive and they do vary in size and layout to cater to all types of stays. I am confident we can find you a room that will suit you better for your future stay.
With regards to defective maintenance you have highlighted like the A/C and hot water, let me assure you we have checked it thoroughly to ensure this has been fully addressed.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveneince caused and I truly hope to welcome you back at the Blandford Hotel.