“This hotel is excellent”
Review of Blandford Hotel

Blandford Hotel
Ranked #432 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 19 May 2012

My daughter and I just returned from London and we stayed at the Blandford for 9 days. The front desk staff were very kind and helpful, the room was very comfortable, clean, modern,and we loved the en suite bath. It was a great value, great location, great staff. The breakfast was very good, although I would recommend they put some fresh fruit on the menu. But they advertised an English breakfast and an English breakfast it was. I'm not a meat eater so I enjoyed the fresh eggs, toast and coffee. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Our room faced the street, it was a great room on the 4th floor, no street noise and really apprecia...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank barb11230
CapricornHotels, Front Office Manager at Blandford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2012

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at the Blandford hotel.

We pride ourselves on the service, facilities and of course the traditional English breakfast we offer to our guests. Our English breakfast gives a taste of local culture and the energy to explore this wonderful city. I was pleased you also liked the surroundings and I do hope you get the chance to join us again soon.

Reviewed 16 May 2012

We had a first rate stay at this hotel. The staff were beyond accommodating and helpful. A short walk to the Baker Street tube and and Tesco Express around the corner.

The room was definitely small but it is London, for crying out loud. What do people expect?

We are Canadian, so we know about "space". We all loved this hotel.

Shelley

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Shelley A,

Many thanks for taking the time to let us know your feedback from your recent stay with us.

I was so glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed our service and facilities.
On your next visit to London I do hope that you will return to stay with us.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 11 May 2012

The location of the hotel was excellent: metro station (Baker St) and the bus stops (busses going to the airports) were near. Oxford St was also on a walking distance (walking took approximately 10-15 min).

Hotel was clean, but our room was really small. Breakfast was ok, air conditioning worked. Internet was a huge problem: only 1h/day for free.

Unfortunately we found the service to be rude. Some of the receptionist weren't helpful at all nor was the servants at breakfast.

We also had a very unpleasant incident with our room: in the evening when we returned to the hotel (we were gone all day), we noticed that the fire exit door in our room was open! We had no idea who had open that door or how long it had been open. This made the rest of our stay very unpleasant because we didn't feel safe in the hotel. We complained about this incident to the receptionist, but he was unwilling to do nothing about it. That is why I wouldn't go back to this hotel - it seems it might be unsafe place to stay and people there didn't seem to appreciate their hotel guests, who, after all, are paying customers.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank IppuR
CapricornHotels, Front Office Manager at Blandford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2012

Dear IppuR,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Blandford hotel, we value your feedback as it allows us to improve our guest experience.

Whilst I am happy to read that you enjoyed our convenient location and the cleanliness of the hotel I am most concerned to read of your disappointment with our service. We work hard to deliver a warm and friendly service and indeed recruit our team on these very same principles. Although I am sure your experience was a "one off" we will take this on the chin and review how we are perceived as we realise the importance of "first impressions". Please be assured that your comments have already been followed up.

It is disappointing for any stay to end on a low note, and even more so to learn that you would not consider returning to Blandford Hotel. I am very sorry that your stay with us was not as positive as that of others on this site.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 19 April 2012

people at the lobby was so nice and helpful during ALL time of our stay, even when we ask for a late-on-time breakfast! Breaksfast buffet was abundant and very fresh, I'd preffer more fresh fruits rather than bacon and sausages. The room is just perfect in space, the bed is THE BEST I EVER HAD IN LIFE, so comfortable and soft, no noise at night! Good size and perfect bathroom, as good as the iron table, very helpful.
Only bad thing is there no free wifi at the room, they MUST provide this service for free, due to the category of this hotel (they call themselves as a boutique hotel and no free wifi??) You are able to catch wifi from the street, which is for free)
Location is JUST ONE BLOCK from Baker Street st and close to all better things London has to offer (Selfridges, Oxford street, Tesco market, museums, pubs, coffee shops, etc)
I strongly reccomend this hotel, I'll be back here for sure!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank mhernan
CapricornHotels, Front Office Manager at Blandford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2012

Dear mhernan,

Thank you so much for such a wonderful feedback following your recent stay with us at the Blandford hotel.

I am pleased to read that you liked our breakfast and found our beds very comfortable. Our tradition English breakfast with bacon, sausages, mushrooms, eggs etc gives a taste of local culture and is very popular with our guests. I’m especially pleased with the hospitality you experienced from our passionate team who always go an extra mile to make our guests happy. I’d like to inform you that we are now offering one hour free wifi each day for all our guests.

I am delighted that we have won you over as future guests and hope who will regard us as your "home from home" in London.

Your warm validation is hugely appreciated and most encouraging. Please rest assured that we will keep working hard for you and look forward to seeing you again in the not too distant future.

Warm Regards,
Sam Yousf.

Reviewed 9 April 2012

We stayed 3 nights at the Blandford. Room was updated, clean, with a nice bathroom. Good full English breakfast included. Friendly, helpful staff. Would have been helpful to be able to store our luggage there the previous day, but was not available. Good location in Marylbone with tube station just down the street. Within walking distance to shopping on Baker and Oxford Streets.

Room Tip: Be sure to check parent website (Capricorn Hotels) for specials.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank proudWImom
CapricornHotels, Front Office Manager at Blandford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2012

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the Blandford Hotel.

I am delighted to read that you liked our cooked English breakfast and appreciate our good sized and fully equipped rooms. This complimented with our highly rated customer service and fantastic location makes Blandford an ideal place to explore London.

We do have space to store luggage incase our guests arrive early or want to leave their luggage for a couple of hours after they have checked out but as you’d appreciate for safety and security reasons we normally don’t keep it for one day prior to arrival unless it’s informed to us well in advance but I sincerely apologise for any inconvenience that this may have caused.

I look forward to welcoming you back at the Blandford hotel soon.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

The location is worth every penny...I was just 5 minute walk from my daughters college. With
the 2 tube entrances..you can get almost anywhere in London. The rooms are small but your
not in London to stay in a hotel room. The hotel is very clean and the breakfast is excellent.
I was there for 6 nights and never thought of leaving for the price. If I return to London, I will
stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
CapricornHotels, Front Office Manager at Blandford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2012

Dear Michael V,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your very valued feedback following your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed your break with us in London and that we ticked the right boxes in terms of ambiance and location which is unbeatable.

We now look forward to welcome you back at the Blandford hotel.

Sam Yousf.

Reviewed 11 March 2012

The Blandford is a very nice small hotel just off Baker Street. Every time I come to London for business, I stay there. Great location for business, shopping and sightseeing; two tube stations are in 2 minutes walking distance.
Single rooms are quite small, but we're in Central London after all, and the hotel building is a traditional town house, so what do you expect?
Rooms and bathrooms are clean and well-equipped. The staff is really friendly and very helpful. A pity that internet access has to be paid.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Diana2178

Dear Diana,

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback following your recent stay with us in March.

It’s wonderful to read that such a regular traveller as yourself rates us so highly. We are always especially delighted to read comments from our repeat guests, and hope that we will remain your first choice for your stays in London. On the internet access we have now introduced free Wi-Fi for 1 hour per day for all our customers.

I sincerely hope to welcome you back to The Blandford Hotel.

Warm Regards,