Blandford Hotel
US$215
US$188
galahotels.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbaker street tubegreat locationmarylebone high streetregents parkquiet streetcontinental breakfastsmall hotelfriendly hotelsingle roomtea and coffeefresh fruitmin walkair conditioningcomfortable roomwould definitely stay here againnight's sleepshort stay
Reviewed 19 June 2012

I'm actually writing this from room 40! This isn't a large or palatial hotel. It's a nice little independent hotel that makes you feel welcome. It's very clean and has modern bathroom and room facilities. I'd definitely recommend it as a good place to stay for business and, if you're not looking to spend a fortune on you holiday, a comfortable place to rest your head for pleasure.

Room Tip: Room 40 has no view, but it's a cosy haven from London's bustle and very tidy
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
CapricornHotels, Front Office Manager at Blandford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2012

Dear Seth,

Many thanks for taking the time to post your positive comments.

I was glad that you enjoyed our facilities and just as importantly our service which we pride ourselves on. You are right, we are ideally situated for visiting London, be it business or pleasure. I do hope that you get the chance to stay with us once again in the near future.

Kind regards,

Sam Yousf

Reviewed 18 June 2012

My family just spent 6 days at this hotel. It was wonderful. I spent a month trying to find a hotel in a nice area, very close to a tube station and near the University of Westminster, where my son would be staying for a month on study abroad. This hotel ended up meeting all our needs. It is not easy finding a hotel that can handle 3 people in a room. The room was large enough for 3 single beds and had a modern large bathroom. Everything in the hotel was clean, neat and modern.
They provided an hour of internet free each day. The front desk was always helpful.
Because the tube station and the bus station where within a minute or two walking from the beautiful side street that this hotel was on we used public transit all the time. Within 5 MIns there are tons of restaurants and shops.
They have a breakfast each day but keep in mind it is english style. Thank goodness for the yogurt and cereal they had along with the toast and eggs and bacon. I only wish they had some fresh fruit and it would be perfect. Tea was hot and fresh. The serving staff were very kind.
Our rooms were cleaned and freshened each day. Could not be happier. Found a better rate by looking for specials on their website. Would go again for sure.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 June 2012

Nice hotel, well located, friendly staff, clean. Room was smallish but not bad for London. Ample bathroom. Breakfast was abundant, but insipid and with little options (we grrew bored of it, specially on the 6th and 7th of our stay). I'd stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your kind words.

I am delighted to read that you found our hotel to be conveniently located, warm and friendly as this is exactly what we strive to achieve.

It is through listening and learning from our guests, like yourself, that we try our best to ensure our service and facilities are always to the highest possible standard. Please rest assured that we will continue to look for additional items that we can incorporate and I hope that you will notice these improvements when you next have the opportunity to stay with us.

I sincerely hope to welcome you back again soon.

Warm regards,

Sam Yousf.

Reviewed 4 June 2012

Myself, husband and two friends booked into the Blanford Hotel for 2 nights on the Jubilee weekend. After reading some of the comments I feared that the rooms would be like shoeboxes. I need not have worried, the rooms are not large, and neither are the ensuites, but they are by no means small by London standards.

We found the staff friendly and helpful, the bed was very comfortable and the rooms were clean and quiet. Breakfast was hot and very enjoyable. I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough for location and value for money. I will certainly be staying there again, the best value for money hotel I have stayed at in London.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
CapricornHotels, Front Office Manager at Blandford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2012

Dear Reviewer,

Many thanks for taking the time to post your comments for your recent stay with us.

I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that you felt you received value for money.
I have passed on your kind words to the team here at the hotel. Again many thanks for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kindest Regards,
Sam Yousf

Reviewed 28 May 2012

ideal for a business trip. location super- right next to tube Baker street. Room small and shower room small but with the great bed and a good night's sleep makes up for the small room.
Clean, safe, ideal for business. Oh the staff are lovely. would recommend for mid priced accomodation in london.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Dear doncasterdarling

I thank you very much for your comments on The Blandford. I am delighted to read that you had a nice sleep with our great beds and found our location very convenient. We aim to provide good, clean and affordable accommodation. I am happy to note that we seem to have delivered on these points during your time with us.

Our staff also are encouraged by your positive comments. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Warm Regards,