“Exellent value and friendly staff”
Review of Blandford Hotel

Blandford Hotel
Ranked #418 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 21 July 2012

First impression was Sam on the desk, lovely lovely man, nothing too much trouble. Beautiful room, fab bathroom looked brand new, every clean. Great TV, Safe in the room, comfy beds, excellent breakfast, can't find fault with this hotel, situated with in easy walking distance of Baker Street Underground. Would stay again. Thank you to all the staff.

Room Tip: Our room was at the front of the hotel, which was ok noise level was ok, as the Blandford is situate...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
CapricornHotels, Front Office Manager at Blandford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2012

Dear Reviewer

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review of The Blandford Hotel.

I am delighted that you chose The Blandford for your trip to London and am happy to read that my team took such good care of you during your stay. I am happy that you found our rooms to your satisfaction and hope to see you again soon.

Kindest regards

Reviewed 16 July 2012

The hotel was situated in a quiet area of London and in reach of many attractions. The staff were very welcoming and always ready to please. Although the room was small it had everything that was required. The breakfast was brilliant and a wide choice was on offer.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Maureen S

Dear Maureen,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of Blandford hotel.

I was delighted that we met your expectations and you enjoyed your overall stay with us. As always I have passed on your kind words to The Blandford team and I hope that you will get the chance to come back to visit us again in the near future.

Reviewed 7 July 2012

Stayed on business for two nights. The room was very small but I suppose that is to be expected when booking a single room in central london! The bathroom looked almost brand new, and the room itself was nice and modern. There was a safe in the room, and hairdryer provided. Good selection of tv channels. The staff were polite and helpful. Breakfast was provided with my room rate, with a small selection of hot food and breads/cereals etc available. Hotel location was excellent, about 10 mins walk from Oxford Street, and very close to Madame Tussauds/Baker Street. Overall, for the money paid, I thought this was a very good deal, considering the quality of the room and location, and I would return again.

1  Thank mexicotraveller1981

Dear Reviewer,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback.

I am delighted that you chose The Blandford hotel for your business trip to London and really pleased that you enjoyed your stay and our service. I do hope that you will return to us soon in the near future.

Reviewed 29 June 2012

The location of this hotel is excellent, just a couple of hundred meters from Baker St. This is a small hotel and my room was perfectly adequate for my purposes. I was traveling for business purposes and this hotel ticked all the boxes for me. The price was excellent (for London) - so accounts will be happy with me. There is complementary wifi, but above an hour you must pay for - internet speeds were good. It's quiet - so I got a good nights sleep. The staff are very helpful and all have a pleasant disposition. The bathroom was spotless and, really really importantly, the water pressure on the shower was very strong:) There's small lobby area where you can chill with complementary tea/coffee from a Kenco machine. I visit London quite frequently, so I will probably use this as my base.

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback following your recent stay.

We aim to provide good, clean and affordable accommodation. I am happy to note that we seem to have delivered on these points during your time with us. Our staff also are encouraged by your positive comments. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 20 June 2012

The Blanford is a quiet and very very friendly hotel to stay in, the room we had was not large but big enough to be comfortable. All the staff we saw were friendly and always smiling. the breakfast was excellent. the hotel was beautifully clean and well looked after. It's position was excellent for tourists (1 stop to Oxford street) yet far enough away from the centre to town to be relatively quiet. There are excellent restaurants close by in Marylebone Lane, the fish bar is a must!. Don't forget a walk round regents park on Sunday morning..
Overall this hotel made our stay in london a pleasure to have nice comfortable and homely place to return to in the evenings.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Frank,

Thank you very much for your review on The Blandford hotel
I was delighted that we had the chance to look after you during your visit to London. I was so pleased that our staff took great care of you and that we met your expectations. Most of our guests would echo your thoughts on the convenient location of Blandford and now we look forward to welcoming you back at the Blandford.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 19 June 2012

I'm actually writing this from room 40! This isn't a large or palatial hotel. It's a nice little independent hotel that makes you feel welcome. It's very clean and has modern bathroom and room facilities. I'd definitely recommend it as a good place to stay for business and, if you're not looking to spend a fortune on you holiday, a comfortable place to rest your head for pleasure.

Room Tip: Room 40 has no view, but it's a cosy haven from London's bustle and very tidy

Dear Seth,

Many thanks for taking the time to post your positive comments.

I was glad that you enjoyed our facilities and just as importantly our service which we pride ourselves on. You are right, we are ideally situated for visiting London, be it business or pleasure. I do hope that you get the chance to stay with us once again in the near future.

Reviewed 18 June 2012

My family just spent 6 days at this hotel. It was wonderful. I spent a month trying to find a hotel in a nice area, very close to a tube station and near the University of Westminster, where my son would be staying for a month on study abroad. This hotel ended up meeting all our needs. It is not easy finding a hotel that can handle 3 people in a room. The room was large enough for 3 single beds and had a modern large bathroom. Everything in the hotel was clean, neat and modern.
They provided an hour of internet free each day. The front desk was always helpful.
Because the tube station and the bus station where within a minute or two walking from the beautiful side street that this hotel was on we used public transit all the time. Within 5 MIns there are tons of restaurants and shops.
They have a breakfast each day but keep in mind it is english style. Thank goodness for the yogurt and cereal they had along with the toast and eggs and bacon. I only wish they had some fresh fruit and it would be perfect. Tea was hot and fresh. The serving staff were very kind.
Our rooms were cleaned and freshened each day. Could not be happier. Found a better rate by looking for specials on their website. Would go again for sure.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family