“Recent stay at Blandford Hotel, Childtern St., London”
Review of Blandford Hotel

Blandford Hotel
Ranked #454 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Recent stay at Blandford Hotel, Childtern St., London”
Reviewed 1 October 2012

My wife and I are really impressed with the Blandford Hotel where we stayed last night. The whole hotel and particularly our double room was spotlessly clean. We were given a room at the back away from the main road which made for a quiet environment. The room itself is well decorated, comfortable, well equipped, down to an ironing board! An easy-to-use safe really puts a finishing touch to it. We were treated to a delicious, excellent choice, cooked breakfast. All this for £119 is excellent value for money and to think we were in the middle of London.
All the staff was polite and professional but we would like to single out a young man, Kashif, who was especially helpful. We got to London just after 11am and knowing that check-in time was not until 2pm, I phoned the hotel. Kashif was at the Reception and he reassured us that he would try to get the room ready for us as soon as possible. When we arrived just before 12MD we were invited to wait in the little comfortable sitting area where a variety of drinks and newspapers were provided. Within 10 minutes we were in our room. A further bonus point is that, as Christians and Gideons, We were delighted to find a copy of Gideon Hotel Bible in our room. We would certainly stay at the Blandford Hotel again whenever we are in London and would strongly recommend this hotel to our friends and relatives.
Dr & Mrs Hoe

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
CapricornHotels, Front Office Manager at Blandford Hotel, responded to this review, 4 October 2012
Dear Dr & Mrs. Hoe,

Many thanks for taking the time to let us know your feedback from your recent stay with us.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us, even more so reading that you would like to come back to stay with us. I’m especially pleased with the hospitality you experienced from our passionate team who always go an extra mile to make our guests happy. I have passed on your very kind words to the great team I have here and I look forward to welcome you back at the Blandford hotel soon.

Warm Regards,
Sam Yousf

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
chicago, illinois
Reviewed 22 September 2012

No hot water in our room our last day in London. When I called the service staff I was told " someone would be right up". When I said I had to dress and it would take a few minutes I then waited and waited. When I called back I was told "the plumber was on his way up" After the plumber arrived and he tried to adjust the water and then realized he needed his tools. Again I called the desk and I expressed my dismay I was told: "you had hot water on Friday??" When I replied I like to shower everyday I then was told to shower in another room. Too bad it was two floors away.
Yes the location is great, very near the Baker St. tube station. The area is safe, and there are inexpensive food areas two blocks away.
The room is very small, and we were disappointed that there wasn't a top sheet on the bed but rather an old blanket with a duvet sheet enveloped within it. Another sheet was brought up once we requested it.
Breakfast is plentiful, but there isn't any fresh fruit. The breakfast room to me was depressing. The staff looks melancholy, and you are cramped and in a basement. Would I stay here again, I don't think so. I'd like to try somewhere else.
In regards to the internet: I inquired about the internet and received 48hours free then 1 hour free daily. That convenience should be customary and not charged, especially with international travelers.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Nor7859
CapricornHotels, Front Office Manager at Blandford Hotel, responded to this review, 3 October 2012
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Blandford hotel, we value your feedback as it allows us to improve our guest experience.

Whilst I am happy to read that you enjoyed our convenient location, I am most concerned to read of your disappointment with our service and facilities. We work hard to deliver a warm and friendly service and make our guests stay as comfortable as possible which reflects in all other reviews. Although I am sure your experience was a "one off" we will take this on the chin and review how we are perceived as we realise the importance of "first impressions". Please be assured that your comments have already been followed up.

It is disappointing for any stay to end on a low note, and even more so to learn that you would not consider returning to Blandford Hotel. I am very sorry that your stay with us was not as positive as that of others on this site.

Yours Sincerely,
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 12 September 2012 via mobile

Rooms are a bit small but we werent at the hotel all day so it didnt matter but very clean! Near mme tussaud museum !!! Very happy with my stay! I stayedduring the last week of august 2012! Would definetly stay there again if i go !!!! Breakfast was also very good

• Stayed August 2012
Dear JeffreyB5,

Thank you so much for such a wonderful feedback following your recent stay with us at the Blandford hotel.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your overall stay with us and liked our breakfast. Our tradition English breakfast with bacon, sausages, mushrooms, eggs etc. gives a taste of local culture and is very popular with our guests. I am delighted that we have won you over as future guests and hope who will regard us as your "home from home" in London.

Your warm validation is hugely appreciated and most encouraging. Please rest assured that we will keep working hard for you and look forward to seeing you again in the not too distant future.

Warm Regards,
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 12 September 2012

We had a great trip to london, we stayed at the blandfordhotel and found it clean, the staff friendly and it was very quiet. The bathroom was large but the rooms were tiny(although not a big problem as we spent our days touring london!). Thebeds were also quite small by our standards at home...The location is fantastic, a beautiful street and close to both the subway and oxford st for shopping. Great base for a trip to london

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Dear Katenbrad

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback following your recent stay at the Blandford hotel.

I was really pleased that you enjoyed our great location and our service. You’re right, we are ideally situated for your visit to London, be it business or Leisure.
I do hope that you will return to us soon in the near future.

Kind Regards,
Reviewed 9 September 2012

Going shopping in London once a year not wanting to use to much money on the hotel and being able to walk home from oxford street with all your bags! Great breakfast to start the day and two nice pubs 50 meter down the street,some nice cheap restaurants just around the corner, clean crisp beds and nice staff.I recommend this hotel if you are going to enjoy London and like a basic clean comfortable hotel. The hop on off buss stops 200 meters from the hotel and there is a busline going to campden 50 meters from it.

Room Tip: If possible room on the third floor!there is street noise but I like that!