“Superb location”
Review of Blandford Hotel

Blandford Hotel
Ranked #427 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I stayed here for a couple of nights in August 2013. The hotel is very well located, just next to Baker Street. The staff was friendly. The rooms were very, very small. The breakfast was alright, there wasn't much served. I was missing some fresh stuff, fruits and veggies and such.

The wi-fi was very poor. The staff at the reception said that the wi-fi hotspot was just outside my room and therefore it should work perfectly. However I had to sit on the floor right next to the door for it to even remotely work.

The street outside the hotel wasn't noisy, instead I could hear everyone talking in the corridors outside the room. I could also hear people walking in the room above.
The shower was like a spaceship, couldn't quite figure out how it worked.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
CapricornHotels, Manager at Blandford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for your feedback review after your stay at The Blandford Hotel.

We are more than happy, that you enjoyed our convenient location and highly rated customer service and that extra mile we always go four our guests.
Our building is a converted building, therefore we have different sizes in each room category. We certainly have bigger rooms as well, but in London the independent hotels are pretty much offer the same.
In our room rate the continental breakfast is automatically included - but you also have a choice of the bigger English breakfast for extra charge.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

I stayed here mid September 2013 for 2 nights in a single room. It is well located, however the hotel needs updating with the hallways, stairs and breakfast room looking tired and shabby with peeling wallpaper and unattractive paintwork. The Wi-Fi is not free. I booked thinking it was after reading the information on the hotel site and was told I would have to pay! The room was so small I felt claustrophobic. The breakfast was passable with warm yoghurt and tinned fruit salad. Please just serve bananas not tinned fruit and keep the yoghurt in an iced bowl.
The amenities were fine with a heated towel rail and good shower. The staff were friendly. I wouldn't stay here again as I know I can get better value at other establishments.

Room Tip: Single rooms are way too small for the price.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank ruan
CapricornHotels, Manager at Blandford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for the feedback after your recent stay in the Blandford Hotel.

Whilst I am delighted, that you were happy with the performance of our staff and the nice bathroom facilities, I am very disappointed to hear that you have been charged for using the Wi-Fi.
Rest assure, the case will be investigated and please drop me a line with your stay's details to: marketing@capricornhotels.co.uk as we have FREE Wi-Fi in all the rooms.
I'd like to refund you for the extra charge, which shouldn't appear on your invoice.

Best Regards,
Eva
Marketing

Reviewed 4 November 2013

In general I was very satisfied with the entire stay. The personnel was very friendly and helpful. The room was a bit smaller but thats quite typical for London´s hotels. The breakfast was also good, typical English breakfast included. The hotel is very close to tube.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
CapricornHotels, Manager at Blandford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your positive review after your recent stay in the Blandford Hotel.

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the central location of our hotel, as well as our famous customer service, I am very proud of our reception team's consistent high performance.

Hopefully we can welcome you in the Blandford Hotel again.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 29 October 2013

The staff was friendly. The rooms are very small, which is often the case in London. Looking at the prices for a half decent room and the square meters you get for that price it must be a very attractive business. I stayed here one night for a business meeting. I got in in the evening, slept, had breakfast and was out again. For such a visit it was OK, but not more than that. For people who intend to stay longer I would certainly suggest to find a more convenient place.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear Peter,

Thank you very much for your review after your stay at The Blandford Hotel.

I am happy, that you enjoyed your overall stay with us, our convenient location and highly rated customer service.
That's true, our hotel is perfect for corporate travellers: being very centrally located, providing free WI-FI, free breakfast and comfortable rooms on a very competitive rate.
However, as many of our customers stayed longer then one night only - I can safely say we are well equipped to cater longer stays as well.
Our hotel is a converted building we have smaller and bigger rooms, and we differentiate them by single and double room category.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

We stayed at the Blandford Hotel to celebrate my birthday. Unfortunately it did not live up to our expectations of a 4 star central London hotel. The sheet on the bed had blood on it, and the cleanliness of the room in general was very poor. The room was very dusty which meant that my asthma was was made worse so I had a very bad night's sleep. Noisy building works next to the hotel were so loud the building actually shook with the noise.
Over the course of the day after checking out I realised I had been bitten by a bug in the room. Wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
CapricornHotels, Manager at Blandford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at the Blandford Hotel.

I’m glad to read you enjoyed the our hotel's central location in the heart of London.

However, I am very disappointed by the lack of cleanliness you experienced. We pride ourselves on our cleanliness, as I suspect you saw through out the rest of the property. Your experience falls way below our standards. Please reach out to me personally at marketing@capricornhotels.co.uk with your check in date and confirmation number. With this information I can investigate what fell through in the cleaning process of your room and ensure it won’t happen again. Also, before booking your next stay, contact me personally so we can go above and beyond your expectations!

Best regards,
Eva

Reviewed 2 October 2013

Being our first trip to London, not knowing which area to stay in...The Blandford was perfect for us. Our room was clean, quiet and well appointed. The included English breakfast was very adequate and varied enough although by day 5 we were ready for something different. All staff were helpful and very nice. Plus..location is 4 min from Baker Street tube stop and many bus routes, ethnic restaurants and pubs. Negative...the temp in the room was difficult to regulate. We would consider staying here again.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
CapricornHotels, Manager at Blandford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Dear MonsieurChef,

I was truly happy reading your positive review after your stay at The Blandford Hotel.

We are more than happy, that you enjoyed your stay with us, our convenient location and highly rated customer service and that extra mile we always go four our guests.
I am also very glad that you noted the dome important important details: nice breakfast and our ideal location.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

I selected this Hotel because of it's location which is closed to underground station. I am not happy because it was quite old and extremely noisy due to construction nearby. Breakfast was low to Average.
The Staff was very friendly.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review after your recent stay in the Blandford Hotel.

Our maintenance team works constantly on keeping up to our standards. There are construction works being carried out in our street at the moment at one of the neighbouring buildings, which is unfortunately beyond us, and they will finish soon. Please accept our apologies for the experienced noise, however, they not allowed to take up work too early and they also have to finish early evening - which is happening.

Warm regards,