“Wouldn't stay here again”
Review of Blandford Hotel

Blandford Hotel
Ranked #439 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Hotel was clean from outside but not so inside, our room number 30 on the top floor was like a little capsule, it was so tiny for 2 people, no space at all, literally had to walk sideways around the bottom of the bed to get to the tea and coffee and those awful little milk things, (it is my mission to get these banned from all hotels!!!) Just put in a little mini fridge with fresh milk in it pleaseeeee. The staff were pleasant, the breakfast average but please manager of the hotel, banish all tinned fruit!! this is really bad, just put some fresh fruit out instead and leave it in the skins if don't want wasted. The biggest problem was the bed, it was awful, a big lump in the middle and I felt like I was cliff hanging all night, it needs immediate replacement for any other guests, the room was way too hot and so at 2am I opened the window and was met with 3 massive search lights on the wall of the fire escape so I could not leave open the curtain to let in air. It was a long night............... I stayed away from the cooked breakfast and just had tea and toast which was ok but he bread was very thin and cheap quality. The whole place lacks any atmosphere, I needed the loo in reception and they could hear me having a wee on the top floor, a little background music would be so much more pleasant for guests. The free tea and coffee in reception is good idea but please make available proper cups! and proper milk! I know you are going to have to wash them but its the little touches that people like. Would I stay again, well this was our 2nd visit, if I am stuck with nowhere else then maybe I would but please take on board our comments.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank julues2013
CapricornHotels, Manager at Blandford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear Julues2013,

Thank you very much for staying with us and your feedback.
I am really sorry to hear that you have found your stay different as normally our guests would comment. I would like to let you know that we are always trying to do the best for our guests and we will take your comments in regards to see where we can consider to go for some changes. Our reception team is always available 24 hours and in case if guest reports some discomfort or require more spacious room we are always happy to check for you if we have any possibilities to make your stay more comfortable.
I really hope that you will stay with us again during your next trip, please do not hesitate to contact me directly so I can ensure that you have been allocated in most comfortable room as per your requirements.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Stayed here in April 2014 and enjoyed a wknd with my daughter. Very close to the tube, have stayed several times here, as have other family members and really enjoyed the location, nice breakfast and most of all the lovely friendly staff that remember us every time we go back. I have stayed at other hotels last minute when the Blandford was fully booked but they have never been as nice, so we have always come back here. My daughter moved house in 2009 and had a few nights between accommodation and stayed at the Blandford, the staff couldn't have been more helpful and she has been visiting ever since. Clean, comfortable, great location, quiet street and lovely staff.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
CapricornHotels, Manager at Blandford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear Go4gold2012,

Thank you very much for staying with us again!

We are really happy to hear that you and your family have enjoyed our hotel facilities, friendly staff and our Breakfast offer!

We are always very happy to hear that we have provided you with accommodation what you have fully enjoyed!
Our staff always tries to do the most for our guests ! It is very important for us to make you feel like at home!

We really hope you had a safe journey home and we are looking forward to see you soon in Blandford again!

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Small en suite double bedroom but extremely clean. Comfortable bed. 1mn walk from Baker street station but no sound during the night. Nice breakfast. Friendly and helpfull staff. Would recommand and come back.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Audrey B

Dear Audrey B,

I would like to thank you for staying with us!
It is always pleasure to hear that you have enjoyed your stay in our tidy and comfortable rooms!
I can totally agree that our location is just perfect and as many guests have mentioned it previously it's very comfortable as well when you are visiting London for a short trip as you can reach all popular tourist destinations easily!
I really hope you had a safe journey home and we are looking forward to see you soon again!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Stayed here for a work event and considering I got a last minute deal, the room was perfectly adequate and the breakfast was good (and suitable for my hangover!)
It's a good location - about 2mins walk from Baker St station and 6 mins from Marylbone

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
CapricornHotels, Manager at Blandford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Dear NumbersONEandTWO,

Thank you very much for your review!
Your feedback is always very important for us.

I really hope that you could fully enjoy our location as it is really convenient indeed, it specially if you require to use transportation a lot.
I am very happy to hear that you could enjoy the service we have provided and glad to hear as well that opportunity to choose your breakfast preferences at our Breakfast Buffet could give you an easy start of the day.

We are looking forward to see you soon again!

Reviewed 24 March 2014

The Blandford Hotel in London England was a very nice. The staff was friendly. The weather was perfect. The hotel was within walking distance of the Tube and the Hop on Bus. Would love to go back to the hotel on our next trip abroad!!!!!!

Room Tip: Take your own wash cloths. Must be an American thing!!!!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
CapricornHotels, Manager at Blandford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Dear Patty N,

Thank you very much for staying with us and your comments about our hotel!

Indeed we are located just walking distance from Hop on Hop Off bus stop which makes even a short stay much more convenient.

I am also very happy to hear that you could enjoy our friendly attitude! We value our guests and definitely looking forward to host you again during your next visit to London!

Have a safe journey!

Reviewed 24 March 2014

The rooms in the hotel are small but perfectly adequate given the price. The room was clean and had everything you are likely to need (tv, tv/coffee making facilities, iron, hair dryer) plus it was very convenient to Baker Street tube station and only a ten minute walk to Oxford Street. The breakfast was an added bonus. The staff, in particular the manager, were all very friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend the hotel or return again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear TourismIrelandAU,

Thank you very much for your review!

I am very pleased that you had a good stay with and could fully enjoy all our facilities!
It very important for us to hear about your stay and we are always looking forward to do the most to our guests!
And as you have mentioned regarding the breakfast, it's really important to have it before you start your busy day in city or sightseeing!
Our staff is always trying to give the most help and positive attitude to our guests!

I am looking forward to see you soon again and hope you will have a safe trip home!

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Arrived too early for customary check-in times expecting just to leave our luggage but as too was ready, the friendly manager checked us in immediately.

The room was more than adequate in size and well equipped with tea, coffee, etc, hair dryer and iron and ironing board. The bed was very comfortable with good quality linen. The carpet had seen better days and re-decorating would not go amiss.

Very good bathroom which looked as if it had been recently fully re-tiled and with an excellent shower. Towels were rather small.

The public areas are very shabby with threadbare carpets on the way to the breakfast room. Woodwork and walls badly in need of fresh paint.

Self-service buffet breakfast with all the usual full English components was very good.

An excellent location in a quiet-ish side street opposite Baker Street tube station.

Good value for money (£135, two persons including breakfast). Would definitely return.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bimfan
CapricornHotels, Manager at Blandford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear Bimfan,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us!

We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed our facilities, friendly atmosphere and helpful staff!

Indeed our hotel has got a very convenient location, Baker street is just few minutes away from the hotel so can travel around the Central London easily.

I am very glad to hear that you have enjoyed our full English Breakfast, we are always making sure that buffet is filled with fresh food.

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding our shower facilities and our comfortable beds!

We are always trying to the serve the best for our guests!

Hope to see you soon again!

Best Regards,